Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

3 minutes ago, CleetusVanDam said:

Just bought tickets this evening. Lineup was too good to miss out on. Hopefully the rumours are true and we get the Arctic Monkeys for the Friday night :) 

Anyone know what the transport is like from Madrid City Centre? Is there a bus that goes to the festival or is it taxis/public transport?

Be shocked if there's no shuttle buses running in the days. I imagine it'll be a taxi job back after the music has finished though.

18 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Be shocked if there's no shuttle buses running in the days. I imagine it'll be a taxi job back after the music has finished though.

The Wonderwhy said the metro starts up again at 6am so even if there's no buses or anything before then I'll probably just wait an hour until that after the music.

Tickets sorted! Woo hoo! Next step - Accommodation. There's a gang of 4 of us going (2 couples) and we're planning on doing a couple of days either side so we can enjoy Madrid too. Any suggestions for some nice areas to stay in which aren't a nightmare for getting back from the festival site?

Thanks! :)

49 minutes ago, Palagrim said:

Tickets sorted! Woo hoo! Next step - Accommodation. There's a gang of 4 of us going (2 couples) and we're planning on doing a couple of days either side so we can enjoy Madrid too. Any suggestions for some nice areas to stay in which aren't a nightmare for getting back from the festival site?

Thanks! :)

Malasaña & Chueca are nice places in the centre with bars and shops around. I booked a flat there for me and my mates. If you wanna have very good connetion to the festival, stay close to a train station with C1 trains. 

7 hours ago, OddRon said:

That Spanish forum is useful for bar tool updates but awful to read, constant mocking of us on efestivals is saddening 

IMG_4350.PNG

IMG_4351.PNG

"The use of the term "guiri" by the Spanish people has become widely accepted as a descriptive term for foreigner or outsider" - Nice lot...

4 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

"The use of the term "guiri" by the Spanish people has become widely accepted as a descriptive term for foreigner or outsider" - Nice lot...

Everyone thinks he is following the "best" forum. 

They are acting childish and will probably be offended by this post.

I'm not going but if Tame Impala and MGMT clash to satisfy these people then Bar Tool did a shitty job.

28 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

That forum is from another spanish festival (Azkena), run by the same company that BBK Live, so most of the users are Azkena or BBK attenders so lot of people enter to the Mad Cool thread to troll. Don't read what people say, it's just 4 o 5 trolls with double or triple nicks trying to lead the conversation to their own interest. 

The point is that lot of people can't stand that Madrid has its own big festival and they puke their hate in public forums or social media. Same happens with politics, football or just talking about people from Madrid or southern Spain. It's just a matter of small-town mentality. 

Madrid is an open city (as well as Barcelona), used to treat tourists and foreign people as well as they deserve, so don't take seriously what 3 o 4 trolls are saying in that forum.

Just enter there and read what Bar Tool answers, rest of the thread is trash.

Bar Tool has been really intelligent. He is going to take some of that trolls, bring them to the Mad Cool headquarters and make them feeling important just because they will see the schedule before rest of the people. It's a subtle way to laught at them. Good for Bar Tool!

Edited by Arnold
  • Downvote 2

33 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

there is no way arctic monkeys are playing this, which source has everyone got this from?

What makes you so confident they aren't playing?

There's a few reasons they are rumoured... hints this 'Bar Tool' offered out a while ago which pointed towards them, the fact they are meant to be announcing their return in January and certain festivals (MC, NOS, Rock Werchter, TRNSMT) look to be delaying for someone, there's a lot of rumours online as well with Mad Cool being mentioned.

Personally I've always felt Jack White/Arctic Monkeys coheadline is very strong, perhaps too strong, but it does seem like that's what they've booked. I will be slightly sceptical until it's their in black and white on the poster though.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

What makes you so confident they aren't playing?

There's a few reasons they are rumoured... hints this 'Bar Tool' offered out a while ago which pointed towards them, the fact they are meant to be announcing their return in January and certain festivals (MC, NOS, Rock Werchter, TRNSMT) look to be delaying for someone, there's a lot of rumours online as well with Mad Cool being mentioned.

Personally I've always felt Jack White/Arctic Monkeys coheadline is very strong, perhaps too strong, but it does seem like that's what they've booked. I will be slightly sceptical until it's their in black and white on the poster though.

Some basic logic in my opinion..

Open to thoughts too by the way, if anyone wants to pick holes feel free  :) 

Festival line up is stupidly strong already, AM cost an absolute fortune - maybe too much.

They will play TRSMT less than a week prior, TRSMT is owned by Beni organizers.

They won't co-headline, no chance. The biggest band in the world CO-HEADLINING?

Jack White suits that kind of industrial rock/grunge/harder rock headliner line up to a T, and people saying about the poster layout? Utter tripe - it means nothing. 

May be wrong but apparently there are 2000 tix left, seems odd announcing biggest band in the world so late (i know album commitments and touring schedule announcements may have got in the way and Mad Cool can't help that, but it's just a bit strange. Surely you'd plan for it and just release everything at once with an act THAT big.)

And finally, probably the biggest point - you can't have a line up THAT good. Too good to be true in my opinion. 

As said previously, happy to discuss :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

Festival line up is stupidly strong already, AM cost an absolute fortune - maybe too much.

Jack White suits that kind of industrial rock/grunge/harder rock headliner line up to a T, and people saying about the poster layout? Utter tripe - it means nothing. 

May be wrong but apparently there are 2000 tix left, seems odd announcing biggest band in the world so late (i know album commitments and touring schedule announcements may have got in the way and Mad Cool can't help that, but it's just a bit strange. Surely you'd plan for it and just release everything at once with an act THAT big.)

And finally, probably the biggest point - you can't have a line up THAT good. Too good to be true in my opinion. 

Trollololololol

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

I think you are giving AM a bit too much credit here. The biggest band in the world? Sure, they have quite a large fan base, but they are not the biggest band in the world. 

Given the current line-up, you would expect an act at least the size of AM to headline the Friday. They are working on a good reputation here, no weaknesses allowed. 

Edited by StupidDream
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, StupidDream said:

I think you are giving AM a bit too much credit here. The biggest band in the world? Sure, they have quite a large fan base, but they are not the biggest band in the world. 

I'm talking active touring bands, and in my opinion, if they're not now - after this next album they will certainly be in the Coldplay and RHCP bracket. 

• Downvote 1