Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

20 minutes ago, metalupyourass said:

any tips?

Try to find the apartment as close to new Mad Cool venue as possible. Ours was ten minutes by walk from the venue, it really helped, could be hard to find a taxi after end of concerts (around 4AM). The festival doesn't have camping, so start searching right after you buy tickets.
At Benicassim if you decide to stay at camping I strongly recommend to buy Villacamp ticket - they WILL be sold out sooner or later, so don't delay. Maybe it's also possible to find some apartment for reasonable price, but last year we couldn't. 
Speaking about transport, we took the train from Madrid to Benicassim. Renfe starts to sell it around 60 days before, estimated travel time is about 4 hours. Bus is also a possibility.
Good luck!

Edited by Mondo-kun

I know there are a few questions about accommodation and locations already in the thread but I'm hoping this suitably different to merit its inclusion. 

I'm travelling in a group of potentially 15 (probably more 10-12) and I'm wondering what the best approach would be to house us all? Most of my festivals - European or otherwise - have been camping so it's never really been an issue. A cursory glance at Airbnb doesn't give us much hope and hotels wouldn't be ideal - thinking mainly for other guests. Does anyone know of any large apartments or houses (reasonably priced) around Madrid? 

Splitting the group up isn't the end of the world but just wanted to put feelers out for a larger solution first. 

36 minutes ago, popcornmaster said:

I know there are a few questions about accommodation and locations already in the thread but I'm hoping this suitably different to merit its inclusion. 

I'm travelling in a group of potentially 15 (probably more 10-12) and I'm wondering what the best approach would be to house us all? Most of my festivals - European or otherwise - have been camping so it's never really been an issue. A cursory glance at Airbnb doesn't give us much hope and hotels wouldn't be ideal - thinking mainly for other guests. Does anyone know of any large apartments or houses (reasonably priced) around Madrid? 

Splitting the group up isn't the end of the world but just wanted to put feelers out for a larger solution first. 

I would write a e-mail directly to a hostel, so they can give you one or two rooms. for e.g. http://www.farhomehostels.com/hostales/madrid/

42 minutes ago, popcornmaster said:

Have you tried Owners Direct?

It's always going to be pricey with 15 people, but not so bad when the costs are split between everyone.

2 minutes ago, berger55 said:

I would write a e-mail directly to a hostel, so they can give you one or two rooms. for e.g. http://www.farhomehostels.com/hostales/madrid/

Cheers for getting back to me. 

I should have probably been more specific but we probably need a whole house w/ separate rooms etc as there are couples who'll want individual rooms and such in the group. Although it's a good shout for those who want a more economical option (if we do have to split.) 

1 minute ago, elias said:

Have you tried Owners Direct?

It's always going to be pricey with 15 people, but not so bad when the costs are split between everyone.

Nope, thanks, I'll look into it. 

Yeah, the total price will look painful but split between however many it shouldn't be an issue. Cheers.

6 minutes ago, popcornmaster said:

Cheers for getting back to me. 

I should have probably been more specific but we probably need a whole house w/ separate rooms etc as there are couples who'll want individual rooms and such in the group. Although it's a good shout for those who want a more economical option (if we do have to split.) 

Ok. So then I would definitively go with a flat like airbnb, e.g. https://www.airbnb.ch/rooms/11260503?location=Madrid%2C Spanien&guests=3&adults=13&check_in=2018-07-12&check_out=2018-07-14&s=rEjQABWW

33 minutes ago, James96 said:

I've already got my ticket, and super happy with the line up so far. I've never really gotten into Pearl Jam, would I still enjoy them having only heard something such as Even Flow? Where's a good place to start with their material?

Got a greatest hits compilation called Rearviewmirror which they play most songs from live. Aside from that their debut album Ten is their best.

1 hour ago, James96 said:

I've already got my ticket, and super happy with the line up so far. I've never really gotten into Pearl Jam, would I still enjoy them having only heard something such as Even Flow? Where's a good place to start with their material?

If you like the recommended albums that people mentioned here,  I suggest the next step is to listen to Bootlegs. Pearl Jam have a huge back-catalog, and play hits,  b-sides and covers alike. Their setlists are varied from show to show (they played around 180 different songs in 14 shows the last european tour), most of the songs are played faster than on-record and their live versions are often vary too. There are many official  bootlegs that are free (legally) to download from places like wegotshit.blogspot.com or pearljambootlegs.org (there are also audience bootlegs there, which arent as good ofc)  or streaming (Apple Music have many, not sure about Spotify).