Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

5 minutes ago, OddRon said:

I think bar tool is using four of most avid users of that forum to help decide clashes, I swear if they make mgmt and tame impala clash 

What Bar Tool is going to do is to invite 4 users of that forum to explain how do they schedule the bands and try to explain the most painful clashes and why they are imposible to avoid (some bands ask for playing at night, other bands don't want to play later than midnight... etc etc) Also the 4 users will give their opinion in order to take the last decisions about clashes

It's really interesting. I would love to be in that meeting.

Listening to what fans want is not a very good way to organise a festival though. If you have limited space, and you arrange all the bands so everyone can see what they want, you just get a massive crowd of people following each other to different stages at the same time. This can lead to overcrowding, pinch points and overuse of facilities in one area at one time. Clashes of similar band types are good because it breaks your crowd up and keeps the movement flowing nicely.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, birchtree29 said:

Bonnaroo has announced no Jack White and no Arctic Monkeys

https://www.bonnaroo.com/lineup/

Did not expect AM myself, weird to start of in the US. Jack White still a possibility for PS18 now... Overall I am slightly underwhelmed. 

Edited by StupidDream

2 hours ago, The Gentleman Rhymer said:

I've just bought my tickets from ticketmaster.es, I've been sent my e-ticket but does anyone know if they send out the wristbands as well or do I collect them at the box office?

It depends what price you paid. As you're in the UK I'd imagine you chose the "bracelet off peninsula" option (currently on sale for EUR 196), which means that the wristbands will be posted to you. This is what happened last year, they even came in a nice presentation box! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StupidDream said:

Did not expect AM myself, weird to start of in the US. Jack White still a possibility for PS18 now... Overall I am slightly underwhelmed. 

Makes no differene to Primavera, really. Jack White is still playing Boston just before Primavera weekend and Gov. Ball on the same weekend. Considering time difference he'd most likely be playing Primavera before Gov. Ball if he were to do both on that weekend, and doing Boston -> Prima -> Gov. Ball wouldn't make much sense. Regardless, we pretty much know he's at Mad Cool, anyway.

1 hour ago, SPTFRE said:

It depends what price you paid. As you're in the UK I'd imagine you chose the "bracelet off peninsula" option (currently on sale for EUR 196), which means that the wristbands will be posted to you. This is what happened last year, they even came in a nice presentation box! 

Does it still show eticket as the only shipping option with 0.00 euro even though they will ship it or does it add a new shipping option?  I don’t live in UK and shipping option didn’t change when I selected off peninsula. I know someone from Austria had the same situation on reddit. 

1 hour ago, SonicSleuth said:

Bonnaroo woulds have been a nice headliner lineup like seven years ago. Now it looks like sloppy seconds across the board. Nothing against any of those bands, that's about as generic a headliner lineup you can get in 2017.

Yeah you could argue that none of the three headliners have made a decent album in at least 10 years although I'm not sure that's too important anymore, as long as their old stuff still holds up they'll always get new fans through streaming or whatever. 

Edited by addicted2noise

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Open Air St. Gallen have an announcement scheduled for 22nd January, and their last announcement was Depeche Mode in mid-November so they've obviously been waiting a long time for someone. Might be the start of the fabled Arctic Monkeys announcement week, might be nothing. Let's see.

Yeah that sounds about right.

1 hour ago, metalupyourass said:

Thinking of doing Mad Cool then Benicassim back to back, is it possible do you think?

Fuck knows what state I’ll be in at the end of it, but me and 3 others are doing exactly this! Got tickets for this last night and had Beni tickets months ago! Get involved! 

• Upvote 1