Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

2 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Better to have your glass overflowing than half full :)

Yeah I'm not complaining, I think at present if Arctics/Jack White are correct that'd be (Thu, Fri, Sat) 5, 4, 3 acts I'd really like to see and another 2, 1, 5 acts I would like to... so even now it's a weekends worth! Just meant it all seems so perfect so far so the pessimist in me is waiting for something :lol: just excited to see who's left to be announced now and get all the other info.

10 minutes ago, OddRon said:

Does this mean if we bought through festicket we could lose tickets? I bough mine on 22nd of Dec IMG_4319.thumb.PNG.d33712eba8bdafe383e638e607dba8af.PNG

I just read that as well, he commented on the Festiticket 20% sale on a previous page and didn't sound too impressed by it, I don't think they knew it was happening, or certainly didn't have any control over it. 

I took from that, that perhaps the discount offered by Festiticket during that period has meant they've had to sell more tickets than originally allocated to meet the value they want to generate for weekend tickets. It could also mean they've had to give Festiticket more allocation than originally planned. 

Either way, I would say our tickets are safe, I bought off there as well and if they were going to cancel any or were worried about it being over the original allocation already they wouldn't still be on sale now! 

Edited by alexlloyd
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, alexlloyd said:

I just read that as well, he commented on the Festiticket 20% sale on a previous page and didn't sound too impressed by it, I don't think they knew it was happening, or certainly didn't have any control over it. 

I took from that, that perhaps the discount offered by Festiticket during that period has meant they've had to sell more tickets than originally allocated to meet the value they want to generate for weekend tickets. It could also mean they've had to give Festiticket for allocation than originally planned. 

Either way, I would say our tickets are safe, I bought off there as well and if they were going to cancel any or were worried about it being over the original allocation already they wouldn't still be on sale now! 

Slight concern but yeah hopefully you're right I plan on booking flights and hotel tomorrow so don't wanna even think about it if they did hint my concern 

Just now, Joshua Homme said:

No, it just means that Festicket sold a massive amount of tickets with that 20% promo. It was officially planned that they would be selling 40k 3-day tickets (plus 20-25k day tickets x3), but they've now gone above that number.

It was me the one quoted on top btw lol

I figured it might be, made an account myself  just to comment but wont let me on phone 

2 minutes ago, OddRon said:

Slight concern but yeah hopefully you're right I plan on booking flights and hotel tomorrow so don't wanna even think about it if they did hint my concern 

Yeah I'm in the same boat, have a hotel booked on free cancellation but I'm waiting on my girlfriend to finally give us the go ahead so I can book the flights before they go up again (Wants to see the two heads first)... I'm hoping for Arctics because I've already bought the tickets :lol:

I wouldn't have any concerns, especially because if the weekend tickets have oversold it just means less day tickets are available, it might be more of an issue if the festival was going to be over capacity.

14 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

He mentioned earlier that they had a deal that if Festicket had sold by some exact date more than twice 3-day tickets as last year, they could include their venue within the 20% promo.

They didn't think it would happen, but it did. And with the promo they even sold a lot more. So basically they had to change their plans as they were selling tickets faster than expected.

In short, it doesn't affect us at all. It just means they might be selling more 3-day tickets instead of 1-day tickets than what was originally planned. It was meant to go 50-50%, but it'll be more like 65-35/60-40.

Edit: He just now said that 3-day tickets will get sold out at 45k. Total capacity was intended to be 60k, though they might increase it.

Edited by Joshua Homme

2 minutes ago, Joshua Homme said:

He mentioned earlier that they had a deal that if Festicket had sold by some exact date more than twice 3-day tickets as last year, they could include their venue within the 20% promo.

They didn't think it would happen, but it did. And with the promo they even sold a lot more. So basically they had to change their plans as they were selling tickets faster than expected.

In short, it doesn't affect us at all. It just means they might be selling more 3-day tickets instead of 1-day tickets that was originally planned. It was meant to go 50-50%, but it'll be more like 65-35/60-40.

Yeah I can imagine it was a bit of a sting for them, because the festival probably could even charge more than they are and sell the festival out let alone offering a 20% discount!

16 minutes ago, Joshua Homme said:

He just now said that 3-day tickets will get sold out at 45k. Total capacity was intended to be 60k, though they might increase it.

Given the issues people have described with organisation last year, you would hope they don't make it bigger than planned.

ps. I thought it was meant to by 80k?

3 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Given the issues people have described with organisation last year, you would hope they don't make it bigger than planned.

ps. I thought it was meant to by 80k?

Official website claims the new venue is "capable of holding 80.000 Pax within its 100.000 meter square grounds", not that they will sell 80k tickets per day. Although they might get closer to that number now.

100.000 square meters for 80.000 people doesn't exactly sound like an abundance of space anyway...

I don't think they are pissed with it or anything, in fact they claimed that they prefered to sell 3-day tickets instead of just 1-day ones. At least that's what has been officialy said, of course :P

He has just now clarified that the final capacity will be around 65k: 45k 3-day tickets, plus 20k 1-day (x3) ones. He also said earlier that they could perfectly go above those figures and climb to 80k, but they rather not to, at least for this first new location edition. I guess they want to make sure that it can be possible and prefer not to take any risk beforehand.

Edited by Joshua Homme

4 minutes ago, bluenova said:

The big bit of brown space on Google maps is nearer to 500,000 sq meters, so they may have room to spread out if needed anyway.

65k sounds a lot better. 

Just went to figure that out but got caught up in reading that spanish forum Bar Tool posts on. Thanks for the info, 100.000 did seem small. it's just the number they posted...

13 minutes ago, bluenova said:

The big bit of brown space on Google maps is nearer to 500,000 sq meters, so they may have room to spread out if needed anyway.

65k sounds a lot better. 

Sure, but their space won't cover all that area.

From those 500m2, only half of it is building land. And when it comes to their own actual space, it'll be around 100m2.

250fe6cbe7115b0f8a5ab25e23bee1d6.jpeg

Hrmm. As someone who's mainly concerned about conflicts, a smaller space probably means less conflicts, right? You can't very well have two loud-ass bands playing for an hour straight opposite each other, I wouldn't think.

The conflict checker predictions seem too good to be true. Hell, this whole festival seems too good to be true.

10 hours ago, berger55 said:

If they are not sold out, they are available for a higher price. Don't know the price.

My tickets from ticketmaster.es are without a name. So I you buy several tickets you don't have to register your friends for the other tickets, just your billing address.

Thanks for the reply.

So, if my friend buy a ticket from ticketmaster.es and if she is unable to attend, can she sell that eticket to someone else or does Mad Cool Festival/Ticketmaster need the ID/passport of the person who purchased it while they are changing it to a wristband at the entrance of the festival?

I have a friend who really wants to come to this festival but she does not know her work schedule in July, so I am not sure how risky will it be to buy a 3 day pass for her right now.

LATEST HOURS TO GET YOUR TICKETS AT THE CURRENT PRICE!

12 · 12 · 2017

We remind you that the ticket purchase deadline for  Mad Cool Festival 2018  at the current price ends today  , January 8 at 11:59 p.m.  From that moment, the price of the tickets will be  € 180 + expenses  and the day tickets will be  € 85 + expenses . VIP tickets   maintain their current price (  € 400 + expenses  and € 175 + day tickets  ) while supplies last.   

Also note that, with seven months to go, the three-day tickets for  Mad Cool Festival 2018  are close to being sold out. The third edition of the festival will feature  Pearl Jam, Depeche Mode, Queens Of The Stone Age, Nine Inch Nails, Massive Attack, Tame Impala, Franz Ferdinand, Kasabian, Justice, Snow Patrol, Alice In Chains, Jack Johnson, Fleet Foxes, MGMT  and many others, some of which will be unveiled in the coming weeks. Once the three-day passes have been used, only day tickets will be available (until full capacity is reached). Run that fly! 

3 DAYS PAYMENT, LAST DAY!

165 euros + expenses   (until January 8 at 23:59 or while supplies last).

TICKET 1 DAY LAST DAY!

76 euros + expenses  (until January 8 at 23:59).

And from today 23: 59h the prices will be the following: 

3 DAYS PAYMENT

€ 180 + expenses  (while supplies last).

1-DAY TICKET

€ 85 + expenses

For its part, the price of VIP tickets is maintained: 

3 DAYS VIP PAYMENT

400 euros + expenses (while supplies last)

VIP 1 DAY TICKET

175 euros + expenses (while supplies last)

You can get your ticket by clicking  here .

Thank you so much everyone! We are waiting for you at  Mad Cool Festival 2018 !

1 hour ago, birchtree29 said:

Thanks for the reply.

So, if my friend buy a ticket from ticketmaster.es and if she is unable to attend, can she sell that eticket to someone else or does Mad Cool Festival/Ticketmaster need the ID/passport of the person who purchased it while they are changing it to a wristband at the entrance of the festival?

I have a friend who really wants to come to this festival but she does not know her work schedule in July, so I am not sure how risky will it be to buy a 3 day pass for her right now.

No, it does not look like you would need to identify you for entering with the eticket of ticketmaster.es. After purchasing you will get an email with a pdf document. On every page of the document there is one ticket. Possible for resale, if someone trusts in you :) 

For e.g. at Reading festival it was different last year, I bought tickets and for collecting it, I had to show them my ID and credit card. But this was just because the ticketmaster.uk din't had a proper eticket. I just got an email with an number and not a real eticket.  

I'm kinda afraid that they'll choose sell more tickets just for the sake of money rather than providing enough space for everyone. Kind of their fault for not realising that earlier when the whole world is talking about how good your line up looks like.. If you're gonna set an amount for 3 day tickets, then keep that? If it's sold out, then it's sold out. We've been known since early December that tickets are going fast with all the media attention MC has gotten.. So this is not a surprise and they should've incalculated that..

About the electronic act.. I've no idea why Moby gets brought up every now and then.. Just because someone asked if he'd fit Mad Cool doesn't mean he'd actually be booked. The only thing we know is that he has an album coming out in March, but that's about it.

Curious what they're gonna do with closing acts, I assume NiN will be the closing band on Saturday of the two Mainstages, but for the other two days it's still unknown. 

I hope we're gonna get news tomorrow..

1 hour ago, arcuse said:

There is gonna be no announcement this week according to my source.. Which is strange..

Didn't someone earlier in the thread suggest they didn't want to have the announcements linked to the price increase when they were so close to selling out.

It sounds like they're over thinking if that is the case, but maybe the idea is that they don't want to announce with just a handful of tickets left, they'd rather have lots (which isn't not going to happen), or be already sold out?

Surely if this week was the Arctic Monkeys Announcement, Mad Cool wouldn't want to be the last festival to announce them and the band themselves probably want everyone announcing at once, which makes me think this week was meant to be Jack White and next week was meant to be Arctic Monkeys but they may just combine them or delay Jack White and just announce Arctic Monkeys next week alone