Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

2 hours ago, clasher said:

Mogwai toured Europe with the latest album last year, but they should be around this year too... So far they are annonunced only for Roskilde and Cactus in Belgium (on July 15th)... Any chance we reckon? Are they rumoured for any other spanish festival?

Primavera Sound mostly, they are favorites over there and played a surprise show last year, in which they premiered their latest album.

On 1/5/2018 at 11:25 AM, alexlloyd said:

He's back. seemingly confirming The Gaslight Anthem as well!

Bar, would you discard The Gaslight Anthem, which has already confirmed for the Governors doing a reunion tour? I suppose they will make a date for Europe. By the way, happy year! Very Happy

TGA fit into the festival line.

Link pls?

2 hours ago, CJTM said:

Link pls?

Page 12, towards the bottom. I guess it depends how much you read into the "fit the festival line" comment, but at the very least he's been asked if they're playing and not ruled them out as he has with some others.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.foroazkenarock.com%2Ft58510p275-mad-cool-2018-alice-in-chains-y-muchos-mas-se-suman-al-cartel&sandbox=1

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, alexlloyd said:

Page 12, towards the bottom. I guess it depends how much you read into the "fit the festival line" comment, but at the very least he's been asked if they're playing and not ruled them out as he has with some others.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.foroazkenarock.com%2Ft58510p275-mad-cool-2018-alice-in-chains-y-muchos-mas-se-suman-al-cartel&sandbox=1

He has used that line multiple, multiple times, and it does not confirm anything. Daft Punk, for instance, fits it extremely well. But it won't happen.

Basically, as he is not going to announce bands (besides dismissing some), he constantly gets asked if X band fits within the festival's concept. Some bands don't, meaning they won't ever be invited; but some apparently do, meaning they could come this year, or in the upcoming editions. Maybe never, but at least they like them and will never rule them out for the future.

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone :-)

I've read through all 38 pages to get as much info on all the topics regarding this festival as possible. Thanks to you all.. some great info.

There's 9 of us going to be buying tickets today. I've gone on the Mad Cool site and seen the options for tickets.. Do I need to choose the.. outside peninsula option as we are all from the UK? Also, we've seen that you can get tickets from ents24 too and they come up cheaper. Is the ents24 site fine to go through please guys? 

So happy to have come across this festival, it'll be our first European Festival and we can't wait.

Thank you :-)

• Like 1

Hello, I am from Ukraine and this festival will be not only my first abroad festival but also a first trip abroad!)
I have already bought tickets, I am thinking about the place for stay for nights. Can somebody tell me what hostels are comfortable to stay after the Mad Cool concerts? I am looking for cheapest variants as I am a student.
I have read about some night buses, but maybe there are some locals, who can tell me some exact variants in details?

P.S. I haven't a company yet, by now I am going with friend, so I appreciate for joining) 

54 minutes ago, mells said:

I've read through all 38 pages to get as much info on all the topics regarding this festival as possible. Thanks to you all.. some great info.

There's 9 of us going to be buying tickets today. I've gone on the Mad Cool site and seen the options for tickets.. Do I need to choose the.. outside peninsula option as we are all from the UK? Also, we've seen that you can get tickets from ents24 too and they come up cheaper. Is the ents24 site fine to go through please guys? 

So happy to have come across this festival, it'll be our first European Festival and we can't wait.

If you are buying from ticketmaster.es (via the madcool website) you choose outside peninsula and they will post you your wristbands. Ents24 link to festicket who are an official seller, but they will only give you an eticket and then you collect your wristbands once you are at the festival.

I'm sure that festicket works out more expensive, but maybe it depends on the exchange rate.

58 minutes ago, mells said:

I am not sure where they will send the wristband to the UK. I just took the peninsula option and hope Ill be able to collect my wristband in Madrid with my eticket.   

And the ents24 site you mentioned is linking you to festicket and they aren't cheaper. In my case it was there 165euro + 21.50 transaction fee, that's a bit more than just the 175euro from the official mc page. But in general, festicket should be a serious page.

50 minutes ago, Orest said:

Hello, I am from Ukraine and this festival will be not only my first abroad festival but also a first trip abroad!)
I have already bought tickets, I am thinking about the place for stay for nights. Can somebody tell me what hostels are comfortable to stay after the Mad Cool concerts? I am looking for cheapest variants as I am a student.
I have read about some night buses, but maybe there are some locals, who can tell me some exact variants in details?

P.S. I haven't a company yet, by now I am going with friend, so I appreciate for joining) 

So far MC haven't told us where exactly the festival will be. Its a new location, around Valdebebas, (IFEMA - Feria de Madrid). So may you just book a hostel in the centre of Madrid. Over booking.com there are many with free cancellation, so take one of those to be sure you have a bed over those days. MC will soon provide us with further information about transport and location, so you are still able to change the hostel. If you find one close to a train station for C1 train, your on the good side, direct train from the airport and to Valdebebas.

Just now, berger55 said:

So far MC haven't told us where exactly the festival will be. Its a new location, around Valdebebas, (IFEMA - Feria de Madrid). So may you just book a hostel in the centre of Madrid. Over booking.com there are many with free cancellation, so take one of those to be sure you have a bed over those days. MC will soon provide us with further information about transport and location, so you are still able to change the hostel. If you find one close to a train station for C1 train, your on the good side, direct train from the airport and to Valdebebas.

No, it has been announced.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Espacio+Mad+Cool/@40.4775126,-3.6217762,16z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0xd422e8a98ade3af:0x10c3e76de5ba8b81!8m2!3d40.4777879!4d-3.6221159

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Joshua Homme said:

Cool, train station very close. But the problem will be to take a train back at nite, Soon the will provide some information about the shuttle buses. 

16 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Are you thinking Jack White new album and tour announcement?

Nah, Vault is a premium subscription service which gets you the chance to buy limited edition vinyl of White Stripes (& various side projects) rarities or re-presses. 

You've got to be a member to access like 90% of the stuff so its very unlikely he'd announce the album like that 

Hello everyone, this is probably the best lineup I have ever seen in a festival. I am hoping that Arctic Monkeys and Jack White rumors are true.

I have 2 questions regarding tickets. Is 3 day tickets still going to be available after Monday night if they are not sold out and does anybody know the new ticket price that will get announced on Tuesday? Also, how hard is it to sell a ticket to someone else if one of friends cannot attend the festival. I know that ticketmaster etickets don't have any names on it but do they check for your id/passport while scanning your ticket to give out the wristbands? I know festticket tickets have names on it but I am not sure about ticketmaster tickets.

Thanks in advance for your answers. Can't wait for July!

Edited by birchtree29

1 hour ago, birchtree29 said:

Hello everyone, this is probably the best lineup I have ever seen in a festival. I am hoping that Arctic Monkeys and Jack White rumors are true.

I have 2 questions regarding tickets. Is 3 day tickets still going to be available after Monday night if they are not sold out and does anybody know the new ticket price that will get announced on Tuesday? Also, how hard is it to sell a ticket to someone else if one of friends cannot attend the festival. I know that ticketmaster etickets don't have any names on it but do they check for your id/passport while scanning your ticket to give out the wristbands? I know festticket tickets have names on it but I am not sure about ticketmaster tickets.

Thanks in advance for your answers. Can't wait for July!

If they are not sold out, they are available for a higher price. Don't know the price.

My tickets from ticketmaster.es are without a name. So I you buy several tickets you don't have to register your friends for the other tickets, just your billing address.

Bar, what day of this week you confirm?

I'm thinking of moving the announcement to the next week.
They are running out of fertilizers and I do not want the feeling that we change the price just before announcing new names. I do not like.

NOOOOOOOO dohdohdohdoh

Do not leave us with this bitterness, we want to know it already

Tomorrow we will decide, but there are very few bonuses and I prefer to exhaust and announce the next week bands. I see it more coherent like that.

So seems like we might not 100% be getting an announcement next week :mellow: I would have thought that with the headliners at least they have certain dates agreed to announce on? But maybe that's more with Arctics than anyone else and they were probably the week after anyway. I really hope it does end up being Arctics and Jack White at this point, I haven't considered anyone else for a while :lol:

I honestly wonder what that electronic stage is gonna be like. Kind of like the Shahara from Coachella; DJs mixed with live acts? Also wondering who that last electronic act could be.. Jamiroquai? Soulwax?

I kinda think we're gonna get an announcement pretty soon for AM tbh. (Tuesday already I think, but I could be wrong ofc)

Updated the clashfinder once again based on a) the map on the first page of this thread and b ) on the schedule of last year. I'm guessing that they're gonna have the Mainstage and second stage never clash, then you have Matusalem and Radio Station who never clash with each other and are programmed like the Mainstage and second stage. Then you got the electronic stage who is programmed on it's own with DJs and live acts. Lastly you got Mondosonoro and seventh stage with smaller (local) acts who never clash with each other. 

The clashfinder now counts 119 possible names starting from 5 pm till 5 am (because otherwise there'd be no way I'd fit 130ish names in there) + kept in mind that they'd rather have bands have a longer set time than more acts..

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, arcuse said:

I honestly wonder what that electronic stage is gonna be like. Kind of like the Shahara from Coachella; DJs mixed with live acts? Also wondering who that last electronic act could be.. Jamiroquai? Soulwax?

I kinda think we're gonna get an announcement pretty soon for AM tbh. (Tuesday already I think, but I could be wrong ofc)

Updated the clashfinder once again based on a) the map on the first page of this thread and b ) on the schedule of last year. I'm guessing that they're gonna have the Mainstage and second stage never clash, then you have Matusalem and Radio Station who never clash with each other and are programmed like the Mainstage and second stage. Then you got the electronic stage who is programmed on it's own with DJs and live acts. Lastly you got Mondosonoro and seventh stage with smaller (local) acts who never clash with each other. 

The clashfinder now counts 119 possible names starting from 5 pm till 5 am (because otherwise there'd be no way I'd fit 130ish names in there) + kept in mind that they'd rather have bands have a longer set time than more acts..

I am really intrigued to get all of the information for this now. The fact there's only half the poster so far brings up so many questions regarding potential clashes and even fitting them all in. Plus with the amount of big hitters they already have, knowing there's some big electronic acts and two headliners still two come almost seems to good to be true :lol: I'm not that into the electronic side, or at least the current EDM/dance so I don't know whos likely, but I'd certainly take note of some of the older acts Moby, Underworld, Jamiroquai etc. being announced.

There were a few people commenting after Bar Tool posted those last comments suggesting he's 'trolling', so whether he's been known for doing that in the past I don't know. I'm looking forward to seeing the full poster, schedule and travel information now, because if everything goes to plan this really does have potential to be the best festival I've done. Which of course means I'm going to end up missing half the acts I want to see and walk 6 miles back to the hotel!