Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

38 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

What's the likelihood of this selling out before the end of the month? Have my flights booked, but money's a bit tight. Especially with buying Primavera tickets this month as well...

Any chance you use PayPal Credit? If you buy through FestiTickets you can use PayPal (and then Credit as the payment method). With PayPal credit any transactions over £150 are interest free for four months too, so you can pay it off at the end of the month for nothing extra, I did the same!

It sounds like they might sell out before then, they've said there aren't many left, prices go up next week too so I'd assume the next announcement is imminent. 

Edited by alexlloyd

8 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Any chance you use PayPal Credit? If you buy through FestiTickets you can use PayPal (and then Credit as the payment method). With PayPal credit any transactions over £150 are interest free for four months too, so you can pay it off at the end of the month for nothing extra, I did the same!

It sounds like they might sell out before then, they've said there aren't many left, prices go up next week too so I'd assume the next announcement is imminent. 

Cheers for the tip, I'll look into it.

Maybe I'll just hold off on the Primavera ticket until the end of February, or just be totally skint for a while...

35 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

Cheers for the tip, I'll look into it.

Maybe I'll just hold off on the Primavera ticket until the end of February, or just be totally skint for a while...

Actually they said 3-day tickets might sell out before the 9th so I guess you better hurry. 

4 hours ago, bintang said:

This will be my festival next year B)
When can we expect new bands? I really hope that some of the following bands will be added to the bill:
- Muse
- Arctic Monkeys
- Beck
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Jack White
- Jamiroquai
- Two Door Cinema Club

Muse and TDCC are already ruled out by Mad Cool CM. 

4 hours ago, bintang said:

This will be my festival next year B)
When can we expect new bands? I really hope that some of the following bands will be added to the bill:
- Muse
- Arctic Monkeys
- Beck
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Jack White
- Jamiroquai
- Two Door Cinema Club

I imagine Yeah Yeah Yeahs will only be at Primavera in Spain unfortunately. Jamiroquai seems quite unlikely. 

I'm hoping for Friendly Fires. After that I'm not particularly bothered about any more additions. 

So since someone said they recently started following Temples again (because they performed in 2016).. I went on a little hunt to see if I can find artists/bands they follow that have never played Mad Cool before..

Alexa Chung
Olafur Arnalds
Slowdive
Cannibals
Nora Norman
Woodsist

Olafur Arnalds is playing Sonar already so idk, for the rest there's barely news I think..

1 hour ago, arcuse said:

So since someone said they recently started following Temples again (because they performed in 2016).. I went on a little hunt to see if I can find artists/bands they follow that have never played Mad Cool before..

Alexa Chung
Olafur Arnalds
Slowdive
Cannibals
Nora Norman
Woodsist

Olafur Arnalds is playing Sonar already so idk, for the rest there's barely news I think..

Slowdive were booked in 2017 but pulled out because of the guy who died on stage before Green Day

Edited by SPTFRE

50 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Alexa Chung
Olafur Arnalds
Slowdive
Cannibals
Nora Norman
Woodsist

I did the same :lol: Clutching at straws but I did wonder if Miles Kane would end up on a few of the bills Arctics headline, and NOS Alive (who we're sharing the last headliner with) have started following him... and he hasn't played there since it was Optimus Alive in 2012.

Really hoping the ticket price rise will mean an announcement early next week, I don't want to believe a Jack White/Arctic Monkeys combo is a possiblity until I see it on the poster!

9 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Slowdive were booked in 2017 but pulled out because of the guy who died on stage before Green Day

Aw shit, okay.. My bad

2 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Really hoping the ticket price rise will mean an announcement early next week, I don't want to believe a Jack White/Arctic Monkeys combo is a possiblity until I see it on the poster!

I do think we're getting AM next week tbh

2 hours ago, fabiocast94 said:

If i don't buy the VIP ticket i won't go at the front of the stage?

The stage was split down the centre last year (left side vip right side standard). No confirmation yet but it would seem they're doing the same again this year.

42 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Just booked for this and very excited!

Does anyone know about transport back to the centre late at night? Trying to decide whether to stay close or in the centre.

Planning for this is still being confirmed. Should have more info by the end of the month.

3 hours ago, bluenova said:

Just booked for this and very excited!

Does anyone know about transport back to the centre late at night? Trying to decide whether to stay close or in the centre.

Obviously the venue is different this year but the bus service was good last year. I stayed in the centre and the bus dropped me relatively close to my hotel (thank God for Citymapper app - highly recommended everyone btw). 

I'm staying near the Gran Via again cos there was nothing near the festival site last year and it doesn't open until 6pm-ish. Madrid is a beautiful city, I loved it!

4 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Obviously the venue is different this year but the bus service was good last year. I stayed in the centre and the bus dropped me relatively close to my hotel (thank God for Citymapper app - highly recommended everyone btw). 

I'm staying near the Gran Via again cos there was nothing near the festival site last year and it doesn't open until 6pm-ish. Madrid is a beautiful city, I loved it!

Were you able to get a bus back to where you stayed straight after the festival or did you have to wait a while for the service to start up again in the morning? Reckon we're just gonna book the cheapest hostel we can find (v poor students :P) and use public transport like you did.