Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

12 hours ago, evilduck said:

Someone posted in here previously about a night bus route that goes from where the festival is. As it's moved to a new site this year, no-one is quite sure what the festival will be putting on in terms of transport, but I imagine as it has increased in capacity they won't just rely on everyone to get taxis back to the centre. 

Yep, I've seen that. I sure hope they do haha

29 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

With the festival days finishing at almost 5am surely it won't be long until daytime travel is back running again? Could be wrong ofc. 

Yeah but what if you wanna leave around 2/3 ish for example and you're stuck? Not that that's my plan, just a scenario.;

1 hour ago, radioahed said:

Also just bought my tickets. 

Did other people who used festicket get e-mail confirmation straight away? I'm still waiting. I have the downloadable docs with both tickets on. It would just be nice to have the confirmation

My mate had to wait quite a while for the email confirmation, he said.

4 hours ago, radioahed said:

Also just bought my tickets. 

Did other people who used festicket get e-mail confirmation straight away? I'm still waiting. I have the downloadable docs with both tickets on. It would just be nice to have the confirmation

I got mine straight away. It was under the "Promotions" section. Check out.

A person on the NOS Alive forum seems to suggest the January announcement for them is The Cure, who will headline 12th July.
Certainly fits the bill: European act.
Would be a strong co-headline, as I've seen them play 3 hour sets!!! Have to admit it doesn't fit the 2 E's clue, but maybe The Cure have both the E's and the other headliner has none!

I do appreciate they are meant to be BST European Exclusives though...

Edited by chemica
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, chemica said:

A person on the NOS Alive forum seems to suggest the January announcement for them is The Cure, who will headline 12th July.

Don't know what his sources are, but the Cure clearly stated that their Hide park gig is the only european show for 2018. 

So probably no Cure for either NOS or MC

• Upvote 1

I think Mad Cool is gonna be packed with folks from North America - that lineup is just too good to turn away from. I cannot wait to make the trip! I wonder how the conflicts are going to work out with all this talent. Just a few bands I've seen before, or would like to see again:

Thursday: Pearl Jam, MGMT, Kasabian, Justice, Tame Impala

Friday: Franz Ferdinand, Snow Patrol, Alice in Chains, At the Drive-In, Massive Attack

Saturday: Queens of the Stone Age, Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, Portugal. The Man

Based on last year's Clashfinder for Mad Cool, it shouldn't be too hard to see a lot of top acts. I can't wait!

On 20.12.2017 at 6:33 PM, craigb said:

If you are using festicket try code - DEC20 for 20% discount (ticket only) 

Oh shit, was just valid till 09:00 GMT on Sunday 31st December...

So anyone an Idea what's the cheapest 3 day tickets now?

On the official MC page it says that the tickets for 175euro (Wristband shipping only peninsula). But for me a eticket would be enough, or should i take the ticket option for 180euro and they send it out of Spain?

2 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Does anyone know how much accommodation would roughly cost for the full festival for this? Looking to make this my first European fest next year but just trying to get a rough cost. I saw they had apartments available on their site, would this be the best option?

Depends how many people you are going with. I've got a 4 person apartment booked near the centre for about £100 per person, but I've also got a 2 person place for more friends that is about £130 each. There are also plenty of hostels if you need a single space. 

And what's de difference between the 3day tickets? Abono + envío pulsera península for 175.00 EUR and Abono + envío pulsera fuera península for 180.00 EUR because both are e-tickets, so they will not send the wristband. Or I am wrong? I think I have to collect the wristband with my eticket.