Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

23 minutes ago, OddRon said:

Do we have any indication of when this will sell out, are we close? festicket says they're in high demand, I can't afford until after xmas, kinda hoping neither can everyone else

Along the same lines, how is the secondary market for festival tickets in Europe?  Are they fairly easy to buy legitimately?  Hoping to hold off until May/June to buy and don't mind paying more than face for that flexibility, but just wondering if there's a reliable market to buy, like a Stubhub equivalent with some kind of purchase guarantee.

52 minutes ago, OddRon said:

Do we have any indication of when this will sell out, are we close? festicket says they're in high demand, I can't afford until after xmas, kinda hoping neither can everyone else

i think it can't be sold out before the last headliner is announced. it's very hard to sell 80k tickets.

you should probably be safe until at least february

Edited by neacaisa

I've just bought my tickets. Was gonna wait until after Christmas but my three friends that are going have all bought there's, I got caught out with NOS two years ago and ended up paying 300 euro's on secondary market so not risking it for this one especially with that lineup.

12 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Anyone got any recommendations for bands on the undercard? I've been giving Japandroids and FIDLAR a go over the past week or so. 

What do you like?  From the undercard I'd like to see  Washed Out, Gang of Youth, The Last Internationale, BRMC, Yo La Tengo, Porches, Real Estate, Jain, White Buffalo, Kaleo, Portugal the Man, Rival Sons (and Japandroids). There's also plenty Ive never heard of.. 

18 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

What do you like?  From the undercard I'd like to see  Washed Out, Gang of Youth, The Last Internationale, BRMC, Yo La Tengo, Porches, Real Estate, Jain, White Buffalo, Kaleo, Portugal the Man, Rival Sons (and Japandroids). There's also plenty Ive never heard of.. 

15 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Yeah, give The Bloody Beetroots a go.

The acts are most looking forward to at the moment are Pearl Jam, Tame Impala, Queens of the Stone Age, Nine Inch Nails, Marmozets, MGMT and Massive Attack. 

I saw Rival Sons supporting Sabbath and they were a bit dull I thought. I've heard bits and pieces from Portugal the Man .. maybe not for me. I'll give the rest a try tho! ^_^

16 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

They've just tweeted saying 40% of the tickets are gone, so those wondering if it's close to selling out... it isn't :lol:

I think they are instead saying 40% of an allocation for next years festivals get sold out at this time of festive year, but I could be wrong 

30 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

The acts are most looking forward to at the moment are Pearl Jam, Tame Impala, Queens of the Stone Age, Nine Inch Nails, Marmozets, MGMT and Massive Attack. 

I saw Rival Sons supporting Sabbath and they were a bit dull I thought. I've heard bits and pieces from Portugal the Man .. maybe not for me. I'll give the rest a try tho! ^_^

If you have Spotify, follow this list and give artists a try, it's the officail Mad Cool 2018 playlist:

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Anyone got any recommendations for bands on the undercard? I've been giving Japandroids and FIDLAR a go over the past week or so. 

e2p2 mentions both but I'd definitely recommend Gang of Youths and BRMC. Gang of Youths aren't too dissimilar to Japandroids at times, they released a great album this year which is well worth a listen. BRMC's recent stuff has been a bit hit and miss for me but their self-titled debut is fantastic and there's at least a few great songs on every album since.

1 hour ago, CJTM said:

I think they are instead saying 40% of an allocation for next years festivals get sold out at this time of festive year, but I could be wrong 

Yeah actually reading back I thought it meant 40% of tickets for festivals are bought around this time in the year, confusing either way! 

15 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

Ruled out by Bar Tool in the last couple of days:

Frank turner
Against Me
Royal Blood
Incubus
Billy Talent
Prodigy
Chemical Brothers

Asked about but minimal comment or not ruled out:

Slaves
A 'US rap artist'
Moby

Has he been probed on Arctic Monkeys/Jack White at all mate? 

Also, does anyone know the likelihood of Wolf Alice and/or London Grammar please?