Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

1 minute ago, arcuse said:

On the same boat here.. Came up with this Clashfinder, feel free to edit, I've no clue how the stages are going to be like.. The CM confirmed that there are about 140 bands tba, my question is from what time they're going to start the festival? 12 till 4ish in the morning? Or 6pm till 4ish am?

https:///s/mcf18/

Ah I forgot the main two stages don't overlap.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Has he confirmed QOTSA, Depeche Mode and NIN for main? Wouldn't really make sense to clash NIN with either of them tbf.

If Tame are headlining 2nd then surely they could end up against Justice (assuming they're playing after Pearl Jam)? Haven't looked at previous clashfiners or anything, mind.

Mates I'm looking like going with would probably see Tame over Pearl Jam but oh well, don't care if I have to watch them alone.

Yeah I think it was either BC are from the FB page, but those three aren't clashing for sure. 

I just checked last year's clashfinder - no acts on the second stage played directly opposite a headliner (although an act would start as soon as the headliner ended). 

2 minutes ago, arcuse said:

On the same boat here.. Came up with this Clashfinder, feel free to edit, I've no clue how the stages are going to be like.. The CM confirmed that there are about 140 bands tba, my question is from what time they're going to start the festival? 12 till 4ish in the morning? Or 6pm till 4ish am?

https:///s/mcf18/

I don't see how they will put 50 bands a day on over 7 stages when they usually have 3-5 acts per stage per day... This year they had 21 bands per day... 

42 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

On a separate note, I think I read once on the Werchter thread that Pearl Jam never have a dance act after them there because of their stage taking so long to disassemble or something. Anyone know anything about this?

Probably not an issue at Mad Cool. The second stage is not much smaller than the main stage and bands alternate between them. When Pearl Jam finish there will be ample time to set up for the next act while someone is playing on the second stage.

For example, last year I watched Foo Fighters on the main stage, walked across to Kurt Vile on the second stage, then back to the main stage for Catfish and the Bottlemen.

The last dance acts will not start until 3.00 am or later.

5 minutes ago, elias said:

Probably not an issue at Mad Cool. The second stage is not much smaller than the main stage and bands alternate between them. When Pearl Jam finish there will be ample time to set up for the next act while someone is playing on the second stage.

For example, last year I watched Foo Fighters on the main stage, walked across to Kurt Vile on the second stage, then back to the main stage for Catfish and the Bottlemen.

The last dance acts will not start until 3.00 am or later.

Looking at last year's clashfiner I see the top 2 stages alternate until the end of the day. Reckon the days with co-headliners will probably have the main stage finishing last so as not to have the first co-headliner on too early?

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Looking at last year's clashfiner I see the top 2 stages alternate until the end of the day. Reckon the days with co-headliners will probably have the main stage finishing last so as not to have the first co-headliner on too early?

Could be. Or equally one of the co-headliners will play on the second stage. Last year Manic Street Preachers and Foals both played on the second stage before the main act.

As an aside the plastic cups from Mad Cool last year were not properly checked for errors. The bands were all printed on them, but someone got the full stop in the wrong place. Instead of reading
- Foals - Foster The People - 
it read
-Foals Foster - The People -

I'd quite like to see Foals Foster.

So....Friday headliners.

Have a feeling it'll be a band and a solo artist. If both have one 'E' in their names and one is European I think it's narrowed down to the following (from the top 1000 songkick artists)....

Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead, Muse, Jack White, Beck, Chemical Brothers, Lenny Kravitz, Paul McCartney, Faith No More, 30 Seconds to Mars, Metallica, the Strokes.

With outside shots being Elton John, Rod Stewart, Robbie Williams, Morrissey and Eric Clapton - there's always the Stones but they'd be solo headliners for definite.

Think it's going to be 2 from the first 6 personally, and I think either Jack White or Beck will be one of them although I can see them booking Macca the way this is going and given they've booked the Who and Neil Young before.

5 minutes ago, arcuse said:

With Tame Impala, Nine Inch Nails, Snow Patrol in the undercard.. I can't see Beck being a headliner at Mad Cool

I'm thinking about AM, Jack White or Kendrick.. 

I'm probably wrong about Beck but he is a headliner in the US and headlined last time he played a (albeit much smaller) festival in Madrid. All things point to him being at Primavera though.

Forgot about Kendrick. Can't see him being there just because of the rest of the line up. Not exactly heaving with hip hop, is it?

Edited by DiscothequeDave

I'll be keeping an eye on the Lollapalooza Paris line up tomorrow, if Muse are there the week after they could be likely. They headlined Beni in '16 and Bilbao BBK in '15 and if they're touring Europe a Spanish date seems likely, so I'd guess either here or download Madrid? 

That being said I think Muse would rule Arctic Monkeys out so I hope it isn't them. Arctics and Jack White is my absolute ideal but there's a lot of good combos from the potential candidates. Tickets have been bought, Tame Impala and seeing I can pay with PayPal Credit was enough for me :lol:

Edited by alexlloyd

12 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

I'll be keeping an eye on the Lollapalooza Paris line up tomorrow, if Muse are there the week after they could be likely. They headlined Beni in '16 and Bilbao BBK in '15 and if they're touring Europe a Spanish date seems likely, so I'd guess either here or download Madrid? 

That being said I think Muse would rule Arctic Monkeys out so I hope it isn't them. Arctics and Jack White is my absolute ideal but there's a lot of good combos from the potential candidates. Tickets have been bought, Tame Impala and seeing I can pay with PayPal Credit was enough for me :lol:

Gonna be the same headliner for NOS and MCF which can't be Muse cause they play Rock in Rio

9 minutes ago, pete76 said:

Gonna be the same headliner for NOS and MCF which can't be Muse cause they play Rock in Rio

Ahh yes, I forgot about that! I think if it wasn't Arctic Monkeys they'd be announced by now, MC, NOS, Rock Werchter, TRNSMT all seem to be waiting to announce someone. No idea who the other coheadliner could be if they have to be around the same popularity as Artics , Macca would be nice but I don't really mind at this point, the line ups already well worth the money with half of it left to announce!

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

So....Friday headliners.

Have a feeling it'll be a band and a solo artist. If both have one 'E' in their names and one is European I think it's narrowed down to the following (from the top 1000 songkick artists)....

Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead, Muse, Jack White, Beck, Chemical Brothers, Lenny Kravitz, Paul McCartney, Faith No More, 30 Seconds to Mars, Metallica, the Strokes.

With outside shots being Elton John, Rod Stewart, Robbie Williams, Morrissey and Eric Clapton - there's always the Stones but they'd be solo headliners for definite.

Think it's going to be 2 from the first 6 personally, and I think either Jack White or Beck will be one of them although I can see them booking Macca the way this is going and given they've booked the Who and Neil Young before.

Good research on the top artists! I think we know it's just the one 'e' in each though so that rules out The Chemical Brothers and The Strokes (although 2 of their members are up to other stuff anyway) and the Stones. Lenny Kravitz is playing in France that night too. 

Arctic Monkeys and Radiohead are my 2 favourite bands so that would a dream come true. I reckon it's gonna be AM plus Jack White/Muse, the others feel unlikely for many reasons. I don't think the co-headliners necessarily need to be of a similar stature for the reasons @Gucci Piggy highlighted earlier. 

What a line up we already have though!

Edited by Mattd1205

1 hour ago, SPTFRE said:

"When you wish upon a star..."

It's like Mad Cool have spied on my Spotify playlist and created a lineup just for me! Unbelievable. 

Alice in Chains are definitely the icing on the cake. Have been a fan for years but have never seen them live. While I would have loved to have seen the Layne fronted AIC William DuVall is doing a fine job in his own right. Another band off the bucketlist!!

1 hour ago, SPTFRE said:

"When you wish upon a star..."

It's like Mad Cool have spied on my Spotify playlist and created a lineup just for me! Unbelievable. 

I hear you man. insane line-up. I was going to book regardless based on the initial announcement but Tame Impala and Alice in Chains added made sure of it!