Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

3 hours ago, Cactusgirl said:

Hi!

I went to Nos last year and was planning on doing so again and booking after Xmas. Was gutted when realised the 3day and Sat tickets had sold out but come across Mad Cool and even more impressed with the line up. We have booked tickets today.

Arctic Monkeys, Muse, Prodigy would all just be the icing on the cake for me!

I was in Baltimore for work the other week....wonder who that could be?? 

I think that was one of the first clues, it's the last post on the first page of this topic?.. it was Future Islands! Currently there's no clues for future announcements, hopefully we'll get some more soon but they might consider there to be enough there until the New Year now.

Did anyone go last year, or has ever been to Madrid? The festival seems like it's a bit out the way so when looking for hotels I want to make sure we're in the best place to have plenty to do during the days, and ideally with a lot of public transport links for the festival.

My assumption would be look for rooms closest to 'CENTRO'  but I've made those sorts of assumptions before and been punished :lol: would that be where you'd recommend?

madrid.png

29 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Did anyone go last year, or has ever been to Madrid? The festival seems like it's a bit out the way so when looking for hotels I want to make sure we're in the best place to have plenty to do during the days, and ideally with a lot of public transport links for the festival.

My assumption would be look for rooms closest to 'CENTRO'  but I've made those sorts of assumptions before and been punished :lol: would that be where you'd recommend?

madrid.png

Well Centro is (on average) more expensive. It tends to be cheaper south of the river but then you're getting even further from the festival I suppose. Try towards the airport? 

EDIT: if you can somewhere affordable the area around Chueca (Justicia) is cool 

Edited by the wonderwhy

It has become pretty clear Europeans do festivals right, so I’ll be making the trip from the United States for this. I know it’s a different location, but can anyone weigh in on whether the upgrade to VIP is worth it? 

I’m considering making a week out of it and starting the trip with Rock Werchter, so I have everything but the ticket planned out. 

20 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Have absolutely no clue where this is going to be held. Bit vague stating only Valdebebas - IFEMA. Anybody that can pinpoint it on a map or something? Cheers.

19 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Well Centro is (on average) more expensive. It tends to be cheaper south of the river but then you're getting even further from the festival I suppose. Try towards the airport? 

EDIT: if you can somewhere affordable the area around Chueca (Justicia) is cool 

Yeah I just want to make sure we're in an area that has things to do during the day with it not starting until the Evening, rather than having to travel in the day as well, I'll take a look around there then, cheers!

1 hour ago, The Black said:

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Have absolutely no clue where this is going to be held. Bit vague stating only Valdebebas - IFEMA. Anybody that can pinpoint it on a map or something? Cheers.

Valdebebas, Av. de Alejandro de la Sota, 28055 Madrid, Spain

It's the large rectangular piece of land to the left of the stadium.

I was reading about QOTSA thing on reddit and ended up on Muse's page and saw this written in one thread. Says Matt said they'll do some shows in Spain. I thought maybe you could be interested in that

https://www.reddit.com/r/Muse/comments/7isy95/i_met_matt_after_the_show_tonight_he_and_dom/dr17ccu/

Edited by Nicklord

16 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Yeah I just want to make sure we're in an area that has things to do during the day with it not starting until the Evening, rather than having to travel in the day as well, I'll take a look around there then, cheers!

As long as you are close to a metro station it doesn't really matter very much. The metro in Madrid is excellent - clean, reliable and cheap! You can get a ticket for 10 trips for just over 12 Euro. Bear in mind that the metro finishes around 1.30 am, so may not be of use to get back from the festival.

I found that there is a night bus (N2) that goes past the general area of the festival, so I booked a hotel close to Avenida de America, which is easy to get to from the airport by metro or bus and on the N2 bus route. Of course, we don't yet know what transport (if any) the festival will arrange. If all else fails taxis are not too expensive.

Edited by elias

On 12/10/2017 at 4:21 AM, ThisIsHappening said:

It has become pretty clear Europeans do festivals right, so I’ll be making the trip from the United States for this. I know it’s a different location, but can anyone weigh in on whether the upgrade to VIP is worth it? 

I’m considering making a week out of it and starting the trip with Rock Werchter, so I have everything but the ticket planned out. 

Hi

Read back through this thread and there is quite a bit of information about the VIP package from last year.
Long story short - I thought the VIP package was really good and well worth the money.

22 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Yeah the metro is decent and cheap enough that location doesn't matter too much. 

I'm not sure there's a metro station particularly close to the festival site though? 

Feria de Madrid (called Campo de las Naciones on the metro map for some reason) services IFEMA and looks like it will be easily walkable to the festival site.

4 hours ago, elias said:

As long as you are close to a metro station it doesn't really matter very much. The metro in Madrid is excellent - clean, reliable and cheap! You can get a ticket for 10 trips for just over 12 Euro. Bear in mind that the metro finishes around 1.30 am, so may not be of use to get back from the festival.

I found that there is a night bus (N2) that goes past the general area of the festival, so I booked a hotel close to Avenida de America, which is easy to get to from the airport by metro or bus and on the N2 bus route. Of course, we don't yet know what transport (if any) the festival will arrange. If all else fails taxis are not too expensive.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind! I've got a couple of rooms booked at the moment but I'll look into it in more detail one I've got tickets and am 100% going!

2 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Damian Marley, London Grammar, Netsky, Wolf Alice, The Horrors, Valentino Khan, JP Cooper and High Contrast playing Electric Castle in Romania a week after Mad Cool.

Didn't Wolf Alice drop out this year? They're at NOS Alive as well so hoping that all but confirms them.

Saw At The Drive In were announced for NOS today as well so looks like they're going to be sharing a fair few, wouldn't mind Friendly Fires, Franz Ferdinand and Two Door from their line up, though Two Door played in 2016.

5 hours ago, elias said:

The N2 is useful, that goes right by where I have provisionally booked an apartment. I'm hoping they will put on some kind of shuttles seeing as it is far from the centre and the metro will be closed by the time the headliners finish.

On 12/5/2017 at 3:32 PM, ConorC said:

Ours came to like £163 each after booking fees, is that the cheap tickets?

Just got an email from the festival. Apparently I paid too much for my ticket (good of them to notice and admit it). Seems like what I have to do is complete a form before 31/01/18, they'll cancel my original ticket then send me a link to buy a new ticket at the correct price.

1 hour ago, SPTFRE said:

Just got an email from the festival. Apparently I paid too much for my ticket (good of them to notice and admit it). Seems like what I have to do is complete a form before 31/01/18, they'll cancel my original ticket then send me a link to buy a new ticket at the correct price.

Good grief! Why can't they just refund the difference?

Right, I've just cancelled the 180 Euro ticket and bought a 165 Euro (including fees and wristband postage to the UK) ticket using the link. Was pretty quick and painless and made this incredible lineup even better value for money. £145 is nuts, considering that some stadium gigs are going for the same money.

8 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Right, I've just cancelled the 180 Euro ticket and bought a 165 Euro (including fees and wristband postage to the UK) ticket using the link. Was pretty quick and painless and made this incredible lineup even better value for money. £145 is nuts, considering that some stadium gigs are going for the same money.

I am pretty sure I paid  €180 also. Booked through Mad Cool website and was redirected to ticketmaster.es. Does this mean I should be getting a similar email soon or not?? Every little helps!! The price I paid was good value in itself imo.