Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

16 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Beck fits the bill and hasn't played Spain since headlining DCODE in 2014. He's about next year and is probably sub headliner size (possibly at his own/managements request). He'd probably do the first night at NOS as well I'd imagine

That's my guess for one of them anyway.

Beck is playing in Europe in the weekends before and after Primavera, and has never played there before.

So far, no Euro dates besides those.

19 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I doubt they'd share top billing. Would just be Muse on the top line and Royal Blood below, like Kasabian, surely?

Having read further on he says the top line has two E's in it.

Edit: He said both acts have an E and there are two E's in the top line altogether. Also at least one of the acts is European.

Would rule out The Cure, Florence, Arcade Fire, The Killers, Eminem, Kanye West, The Strokes off the top of my head.

Who's left with one E? Muse, Arctic Monkeys, Liam Gallagher (haven't seen this quote where he rules him out), Radiohead (depending on the clue about not touring Spain yet), Jack White.

Bored of this now.

Pretty good game he's playing with us, isn't it? Can you link me to where this info is coming from please? Cheers 

4 minutes ago, Mattd1205 said:

Pretty good game he's playing with us, isn't it? Can you link me to where this info is coming from please? Cheers 

http://www.foroazkenarock.com/t58236p75-mad-cool-festival-2018-entradas-aleatorias-a-160-165-o-175

I just read onwards from this page. 'Bar Tool' is the Mad Cool CM. Obviously needs translating from Spanish but yeah.

• Upvote 1

On 05/12/2017 at 10:18 AM, e2p2 said:

Should I be worry? There's no chance this is selling out before an announcement about Friday headliners right?

Don't know if you've seen but looks like NOS Alive is selling out today. I'm getting a bit nervous about tickets now, presumably this will have an increase on Mad Cools ticket sales because those wanting to see Pearl Jam have one less option...

23 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Don't know if you've seen but looks like NOS Alive is selling out today. I'm getting a bit nervous about tickets now, presumably this will have an increase on Mad Cools ticket sales because those wanting to see Pearl Jam have one less option...

Thanx! I bought tickets about half an hour after I posted my worries.. Probably I will go to PJ in Barcelona too. 

Day tix (NOS and also Mad cool) are 20 to 30 Euro cheaper than dedicated Pearl Jam concert. It's normal to sold out fast. I saw that in Bcn face value will be 98 eur. in Italy again around 95 eur so it's smart to choose 1 day at a festival.
I feel kinda stupid missing on the cheap Mad Cool promo tix though. At 11:00 I visited Ticketmaster directly via mobile saw the promo quantity was sold and got the regular:/ Anyway, it's still great value... no matter who the final headliner/s will be or any other acts. 
I'm more worried about the NIN tour - where the other tour dates...? 

39 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Arctic Monkeys are a Strong Rumour for TRNSMT, few weeks before Mac Cool :ph34r: itshappening.jpg

Reckon it is happening. Arctic Monkeys and The Prodigy co headlining the Friday night, you heard it here first!!

On a separate point how long will Pearl Jam play for?? Someone has a clashfinder up suggesting 2 hours but I reckon it will be 2.5 hours at least. What do people reckon?? 

19 minutes ago, laynestaley said:

Reckon it is happening. Arctic Monkeys and The Prodigy co headlining the Friday night, you heard it here first!!

On a separate point how long will Pearl Jam play for?? Someone has a clashfinder up suggesting 2 hours but I reckon it will be 2.5 hours at least. What do people reckon?? 

This makes lots of sense, but from what someone said the Mad Cool CM said ONE of them is European.

As far as I know they’re both UK. So no matter how you assess European (not a fun subject currently) they wouldn’t both fit this statement.

Edited misread prev comment. It says at least one is European. So doesn’t rule this out.

Edited by DHG123

38 minutes ago, laynestaley said:

Looking at last years timetable and the fact that the other days have two co-headliners each, its safe to say PJ will play at least 2.5 hours. 

19 minutes ago, DHG123 said:

This makes lots of sense, but from what someone said the Mad Cool CM said ONE of them is European.

As far as I know they’re both UK. So no matter how you assess European (not a fun subject currently) they wouldn’t both fit this statement.

Edited misread prev comment. It says at least one is European. So doesn’t rule this out.

Someone said earlier in this thread that the Mad Cool CM ruled out Liam Gallagher. Anyone have a link to this? If not I wouldn't be surprised by Arctic Monkeys and Liam Gallagher as the top line, with Liam effectively being a glorified sub. He did Beni last year, wouldn't fit in at Primavera, and Noel is at BBK so I doubt Liam will be. Considering that you'd probably expect him to be at Mad Cool, though I guess he could be elsewhere on the lineup. Not sure how big a deal he is in Spain.

Not really any reason to hold him back but I guess maybe they think it could look bad on the festival to announce him as a Friday headliner without announcing Arctic Monkeys, too, as not everyone will be aware there's another headliner to come?

Can't see it being a dance act like The Prodigy as Massive Attack are surely the late night electronic act. Would they have a dance act co-headlining followed by another electronic late night act? Also The Prodigy headlined last year.

Would suggest Jack White, too, but like others I think he'd be more likely for Primavera (but fuck me him and Arctic Monkeys would be a good way to finish off this lineup).

It makes me wonder how much we can believe from 'BarTool', surely if someone point blank asks "Is Liam Gallagher playing?" or "Are Two Door playing?" Like someone else did, he has to say no regardless... because anything else basically confirms them? :lol:

At least one is said to be European and they have one E in their name, and there's two E's across the two acts? Therefore each band has one E. I wonder if Nick Cave (If they don't count the bad seeds!) and Arctic Monkeys is a possibility... I'd have thought Primavera is more likely for him but there's also The National and now Jack White rumoured for that. 

I also remembered earlier this is the same festival that had photos of Arctics, The Cure, Nick Cave, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Jack White and a couple of others embedded on their website last year to throw people off the scent... so there's every possibility the Friday headliners will be announced and there's more E's than an Ibiza nightclub. 

16 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

At least one is said to be European and they have one E in their name, and there's two E's across the two acts? Therefore each band has one E. I wonder if Nick Cave (If they don't count the bad seeds!) and Arctic Monkeys is a possibility... I'd have thought Primavera is more likely for him but there's also The National and now Jack White rumoured for that. 

Portuguese press seem pretty convinced his doing Primavera Porto which would mean he's nailed on for Barca too 

11 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Portuguese press seem pretty convinced his doing Primavera Porto which would mean he's nailed on for Barca too 

Ahh fair enough, maybe not him then but The National, Jack White and Nick Cave are all non European and all have one E in their name, so hopefully Primavera can't take all our clues :lol: If the European one is Arctic Monkeys I really don't mind who it is, it looks like there's going to be a lot of acts to go around with these additional stages.

I've noticed NOS Alive look to be doing daily announcements now, do you think Mad Cools done for a bit considering how many names are there already, perhaps going quiet until the next price increase in January?

54 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Ahh fair enough, maybe not him then but The National, Jack White and Nick Cave are all non European and all have one E in their name, so hopefully Primavera can't take all our clues :lol: If the European one is Arctic Monkeys I really don't mind who it is, it looks like there's going to be a lot of acts to go around with these additional stages.

I've noticed NOS Alive look to be doing daily announcements now, do you think Mad Cools done for a bit considering how many names are there already, perhaps going quiet until the next price increase in January?

Nick Cave and The National are almost definitely at Primavera.

Jack White could be at Mad Cool, yeah.

Hi!

I went to Nos last year and was planning on doing so again and booking after Xmas. Was gutted when realised the 3day and Sat tickets had sold out but come across Mad Cool and even more impressed with the line up. We have booked tickets today.

Arctic Monkeys, Muse, Prodigy would all just be the icing on the cake for me!

I was in Baltimore for work the other week....wonder who that could be?? 

2 hours ago, Cactusgirl said:

Hi!

I went to Nos last year and was planning on doing so again and booking after Xmas. Was gutted when realised the 3day and Sat tickets had sold out but come across Mad Cool and even more impressed with the line up. We have booked tickets today.

Arctic Monkeys, Muse, Prodigy would all just be the icing on the cake for me!

I was in Baltimore for work the other week....wonder who that could be?? 

Baltimore? Have they teased another artist to play?