Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

Just now, kingcrawler said:

Liam did Benicassim last year, would probably make more sense for him to do Mad Cool this time round.

:lol: I just looked at two FiB 2017 posters before responding and didn’t see him so assumed he wasn’t there. Just went back and realised he was in the small writing. What a difference a year makes.

19 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Yeah Liam did Beni last year, probably won't be at BBK as they've got Noel and obviously wouldn't do Primavera so pretty much just leaves this? 

Arctic Monkeys on their own for Friday would be alright. AM + Liam Gallagher? Absolutely no complaints over what seemingly is the demoting of AM by Mad Cool!

Bar Tool also says the two acts haven't played in Spain on their current tours.

People don't seem sure whether he just means this year or on the back of the album they're currently touring (they're debating whether Radiohead's 2016 Primavera show rules them out). Apparently rules out Arcade Fire, The Killers and RHCP.

Because it's only a one weekend thing, with one headliner playing last (as opposed to at Reading and Leeds where co-headlines usually close one site each), I think it could easily just be a normal headliner (like Arctic Monkeys) and then a sub who are demanding they're billed as a headliner or something.

So yeah, something like Arctic Monkeys and Liam Gallagher could work in that way, but someone above said Bar Tool has ruled him out.

21 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Bar Tool also says the two acts haven't played in Spain on their current tours.

People don't seem sure whether he just means this year or on the back of the album they're currently touring (they're debating whether Radiohead's 2016 Primavera show rules them out). Apparently rules out Arcade Fire, The Killers and RHCP.

Because it's only a one weekend thing, with one headliner playing last (as opposed to at Reading and Leeds where co-headlines usually close one site each), I think it could easily just be a normal headliner (like Arctic Monkeys) and then a sub who are demanding they're billed as a headliner or something.

So yeah, something like Arctic Monkeys and Liam Gallagher could work in that way, but someone above said Bar Tool has ruled him out.

muse/royal blood?

14 minutes ago, robmongascy said:

muse/royal blood?

I doubt they'd share top billing. Would just be Muse on the top line and Royal Blood below, like Kasabian, surely?

Having read further on he says the top line has two E's in it.

Edit: He said both acts have an E and there are two E's in the top line altogether. Also at least one of the acts is European.

Would rule out The Cure, Florence, Arcade Fire, The Killers, Eminem, Kanye West, The Strokes off the top of my head.

Who's left with one E? Muse, Arctic Monkeys, Liam Gallagher (haven't seen this quote where he rules him out), Radiohead (depending on the clue about not touring Spain yet), Jack White.

Bored of this now.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

21 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I doubt they'd share top billing. Would just be Muse on the top line and Royal Blood below, like Kasabian, surely?

Edit: He said both acts have an E and there are two E's in the top line altogether. Also at least one of the acts is European.

Would rule out The Cure, Florence, Arcade Fire, The Killers, Eminem, Kanye West, The Strokes off the top of my head.

Who's left with one E? Muse, Arctic Monkeys, Liam Gallagher (haven't seen this quote where he rules him out), Radiohead (depending on the clue about not touring Spain yet), Jack White.

Bored of this now.

Rules out Royal Blood and Fall Out Boy (who don’t play Spain on tour) as neither have an E. At least rules out either as coheadliners any way

12 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Bored of this now.

Ok, I'll play. I'm bored. All of these have got one E in them and are arguably co-headliner sized. Some are probably ruled out for various reasons though: 

Major Lazer

Skrillex

Arctic Monkeys

Liam Gallagher

Tame Impala

Disclosure

The National

The XX

Editors

Franz Ferdinand

LCD Soundsystem

Bar Stool is really enjoy him/herself with these :lol:

If you take out The XX who are headlining Bilbao, The National who are supposedly at Primavera and Tame Impala who've said they aren't touring until 2019, that looks a bit clearer. 

In a dream scenario it would be Arctic Monkeys and Jack White or LCD Soundsystem, I can't imagine people like Skrillex/Editors/FF/Disclosure can  be considered equal to AM in any country? 

The other option is The National Primavera rumours aren't true, and pretty sure this Bar Stool also said MC has all of NOS's headliners... and The National are playing there? Though last time it was discussed no one seemed to know if it was National or QOTSA headlining or a coheadline.

If I think about it much longer I'm going to get a nosebleed :lol: so I'm choosing to believe it's Arctics and another until I'm told otherwise. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Bar Stool is really enjoy him/herself with these :lol:

If you take out The XX who are headlining Bilbao, The National who are supposedly at Primavera and Tame Impala who've said they aren't touring until 2019, that looks a bit clearer. 

In a dream scenario it would be Arctic Monkeys and Jack White or LCD Soundsystem, I can't imagine people like Skrillex/Editors/FF/Disclosure can  be considered equal to AM in any country? 

The other option is The National Primavera rumours aren't true, and pretty sure this Bar Stool also said MC has all of NOS's headliners... and The National are playing there? Though last time it was discussed no one seemed to know if it was National or QOTSA headlining or a coheadline.

If I think about it much longer I'm going to get a nosebleed :lol: so I'm choosing to believe it's Arctics and another until I'm told otherwise. 

All good points. I was hoping someone could count some of those out based on their involvement in other festivals, not touring, etc. I never considered Jack White, that would be great! I guess I was thinking of two medium sized acts equaling a larger one but maybe I should set the bar higher!

Taking the above into consideration, I'm gonna guess Arctic Monkeys and LCD Soundsystem, AM being an obvious one (people generally seem convinced) and it fits the "two E" and "at least one European act" criteria

4 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

If Jack White did tour I'd have thought he'll end up at Primavera. 

LCD are at Sonar so are out of the running. 

Are LCD necessarily ruled out because of Sonar? I wasn't paying too much attention to Sonar due to Gorillaz headlining that and Bilbao BBK.

51 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

All good points. I was hoping someone could count some of those out based on their involvement in other festivals, not touring, etc. I never considered Jack White, that would be great! I guess I was thinking of two medium sized acts equaling a larger one but maybe I should set the bar higher!

Taking the above into consideration, I'm gonna guess Arctic Monkeys and LCD Soundsystem, AM being an obvious one (people generally seem convinced) and it fits the "two E" and "at least one European act" criteria

Beck fits the bill and hasn't played Spain since headlining DCODE in 2014. He's about next year and is probably sub headliner size (possibly at his own/managements request). He'd probably do the first night at NOS as well I'd imagine

That's my guess for one of them anyway.

Edited by DiscothequeDave