Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

55 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but is there any idea of who the final headliner will be? How about further announcements? 

There should be announcements before price is up at January. Two co-headliners are still missing from the Friday though I dont know if both will be announce by then. 

Edited by e2p2

Arctic Monkeys are rumoured to be the final NOS Alive headliner & if it turns out Mad Cool do indeed have all three NOS headliners (as they've claimed to) then the final one here would be Arctics. 

They're also not announcing their return until the end of Jan so it makes sense why they haven't been announced yet (for either fest) 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

According to Mad Cool CM we are.

Interesting... that's the first I've heard of that, surely Arctics won't be coheadlining anything these days? Really struggle to think who it could be if it's not them looking at who's already ruled out.

5 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Where'd you see this?

http://www.foroazkenarock.com/t58236p75-mad-cool-festival-2018-entradas-aleatorias-a-160-165-o-175

Bar Tool is the Mad Cool CM. Google Translate ofc :)

By the way, I wouldn't discard Arctic Monkeys. I don't know the size and appeal of them in Spain and we can see that Mad Cool is aiming high. I would discard heavy guns like U2, Coldplay etc.

Edited by e2p2

I just translated it myself... interesting that he's also mentioned that there's more important names on Thursday to come, I assumed Kasabian/Fleet Foxes/Justice/MGMT would be the four below Pearl Jam but perhaps not.

Friday, the point is to separate the two names that are missing.
On Thursday Pearl Jam is a clear name above all. Although there will be more important names that day

Also appeared to rule out Two Door Cinema Club, assuming that's who 2DCC is.

"MrYggdrasil wrote: Bar, is there any chance of you coming back this year for the Mad Cool 2DCC?"
 Bar Tool - "NOOOOO ..."

3 hours ago, e2p2 said:

I saw somewhere they were talking about 60000. It might be 60000 combi tickets / non-vip tickets and 15000 are already gone...

Also, for me its not about Mad Cool, its about other festival who didn't announce much until now, like RW.

Ahh that makes sense, full capacity won't all be general sale tickets, hoping I've got a bit more time to consider my options though!

I think I'm going to have to do Rock Werchter and Mad Cool, one with friends one with girlfriend... assuming my 13 holiday days in a row get authorised :lol:

Edited by alexlloyd

1 hour ago, alexlloyd said:

Friday, the point is to separate the two names that are missing

The 'point' here or "el puntos", refers to that white dot on the poster for Friday, right? I brought this up earlier. 

Doesit denote one missing act or denote a separation point for two co-headliners? 

And as I'm pro-AM headlining the Friday or the Viernes - I fear that two co-headliners mean two lesser bands compared to One brilliant Arctic Monkeys.

Edited by Notorious J.O.E.

4 minutes ago, Notorious J.O.E. said:

The 'point' here or "el puntos", refers to that white dot on the poster for Friday, right? I brought this up earlier. 

Doesit denote one missing act or denote a separation point for two co-headliners? 

And as I'm pro-AM headlining the Friday or the Viernes - I fear that two co-headliners mean two lesser bands compared to One brilliant Arctic Monkeys.

Yeah I'm in the same boat, Im really hoping it's Arctics as well. I take "to separate the two names that are missing"  to mean there's a bullet point on the poster now which will eventually act as a separator for the two names that are yet to be announced. 

I can't see Arctic Monkeys coheadlining any festival, but it's difficult who could be in the running given the likes of Gorillaz, The XX, Noel and The Killers are ruled out, and The National supposedly at Primavera.

It could mean anything really, it could be a headliner and a special guest, it could be to separate another two tiers that are yet to come for Friday, 'Bar Tool' could just be seeing who he can wind up :lol: I don't suppose there's any way of knowing for sure until the posters out.