Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

33 minutes ago, DHG123 said:

The Killers are playing the Bolton Stadium 13th July so unless they are below Pearl Jam and above Kasabian. It’s not them.

Muse are playing Lisbon Rock in Rio end of June, fingers crossed!

Don't forget that Download Madrid (last June Weekend) is still missing one headliner... maybe it will be Muse...

5 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Should I be worry? There's no chance this is selling out before an announcement about Friday headliners right?

That's what I'm waiting for, I'm hoping the decision won't be made for me by then. 

80,000 tickets is a lot to try and shift though, if there's a couple more noteable names before the Friday headliner announcement I might bite the bullet.  

1 minute ago, alexlloyd said:

That's what I'm waiting for, I'm hoping the decision won't be made for me by then. 

80,000 tickets is a lot to try and shift though, if there's a couple more noteable names before the Friday headliner announcement I might bite the bullet.  

I saw somewhere they were talking about 60000. It might be 60000 combi tickets / non-vip tickets and 15000 are already gone...

Also, for me its not about Mad Cool, its about other festival who didn't announce much until now, like RW.

Looking at the ticket options (when booking through website), it says "Wristband Shipping only to Canary Islands, Balearic Islands and European" - and this is what the auto Google Translate does on the website. I'm guessing they won't deliver to Asia then? If in that case I'm using a friend's address in Spain. 

And would anyone know if Festicket delivers wristbands internationally? No info on their page and no reply on Twitter. I did read that someone said this year's Mad Cool, Festicket only delivers to Spain. 

8 minutes ago, Notorious J.O.E. said:

Looking at the ticket options (when booking through website), it says "Wristband Shipping only to Canary Islands, Balearic Islands and European" - and this is what the auto Google Translate does on the website. I'm guessing they won't deliver to Asia then? If in that case I'm using a friend's address in Spain. 

And would anyone know if Festicket delivers wristbands internationally? No info on their page and no reply on Twitter. I did read that someone said this year's Mad Cool, Festicket only delivers to Spain. 

When I've used Festicket in the past, you print off your confirmation and pick up your wristbands at the festival box office. Maybe that's an option?

4 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

When I've used Festicket in the past, you print off your confirmation and pick up your wristbands at the festival box office. Maybe that's an option?

Is this for Mad Cool? I'm guessing the box office is at the same city of the festival itself? It is an option - just want to get the wristbands ahead of time to make it easier during entry to the festival grounds.

51 minutes ago, evilduck said:

Missed the cheaper tickets, boo

No no, those are still available.

You can still buy them at the original cost

Avoid webs like Festicket and buy them in the festival website (ticketmaster did also something shady but it seems they have fixed it).

EDIT: TIcketmaster is giving the money back (for the ones that bought them at a higher price), you just need to call.

Edited by Trk

11 minutes ago, Notorious J.O.E. said:

Is this for Mad Cool? I'm guessing the box office is at the same city of the festival itself? It is an option - just want to get the wristbands ahead of time to make it easier during entry to the festival grounds.

It's easy to pick up your wristband as the box office is at the festival site. I think the queues were quite long on the first day last year, but it's simple to do if you have problems with posting.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Notorious J.O.E. said:

No. For Mad Cool I had the wristbands delivered to the UK. The box office is usually located at the entrance to the festival

1 minute ago, elias said:

It's easy to pick up your wristband as the box office is at the festival site. I think the queues were quite long on the first day last year, but it's simple to do if you have problems with posting.

Thanks for the tip! No, I don't have problems with posting as a friend of mine in Spain will be coming to the festival with me anyway, so could have it delivered to her address. Just would have preferred it they could deliver all the way to Asia, but I'm well aware it's a long shot. 

Receiving wristbands earlier means you skip queues to enter, no?

10 minutes ago, Trk said:

No no, those are still available.

You can still buy them at the original cost

Avoid webs like Festicket and buy them in the festival website (ticketmaster did also something shady but it seems they have fixed it).

EDIT: TIcketmaster is giving the money back (for the ones that bought them at a higher price), you just need to call.

That's really annoying. Initially went to Ticketmaster and saw only the 175/180 euro options, but then card provider blocked the transaction.

So instead went to Festicket as total price came to roughly the same (including 10% service charge!), now only to find out the Ticketmaster price was a mistake and are now being sold at the lower cost.

35 minutes ago, Notorious J.O.E. said:

Receiving wristbands earlier means you skip queues to enter, no?

I'm not really sure. We had VIP tickets last year and picked up the wristband from the box office an hour or so before the gates opened.

I don't know exactly how it worked for normal tickets, but I did read of long queues to get in on the first day. I don't think having a wristband in advance enabled you to bypass the queue. Perhaps someone who did this can help?