Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

2 hours ago, arcuse said:

I honestly bet Mad Cool, NOS Alive and Rock Werchter worked together this year to book certain bands together to let 'm play at all three. (in the absence of Glastonbury in mind, why not right?) Now about the selling out thing, idk exactly but isn't this very comparable to NOS Alive aswell? Was around March when NOS sold out last year I think, but I could be wrong. 

I suppose what makes it even more difficult to predict is the capacity has almost doubled from 45,000 to 80,000 and has multiple additional stages, not to mention seems to have the budget for one of the line ups of the Summer. It's almost a different festival.

I did find this article from 26th April saying this years had sold out, so even if you knock a couple of months off that for 2018 you've got some time to consider your options :)

IMG_1957.PNG

Edited by alexlloyd

3 hours ago, BruceBuffer said:

Looks like the wristbands/bracelets will be sent out in advance once tickets are purchased so this will save a lot of time on Day 1 thankfully.

They sent them out this year as well, but only to people living in Spain. Dunno, will it change for next year and be delivered everywhere 

9 hours ago, arcuse said:

I honestly bet Mad Cool, NOS Alive and Rock Werchter worked together this year to book certain bands together to let 'm play at all three. (in the absence of Glastonbury in mind, why not right?) Now about the selling out thing, idk exactly but isn't this very comparable to NOS Alive aswell? Was around March when NOS sold out last year I think, but I could be wrong. 

If that's the case then I'll probably choose Nos Alive :) im gonna choose before Christmas hopefully

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

Looking good. Anyone familiar with how the lineup will shape up stage wize - Queens and NIN won't clash ... right?

and Depeche Mode too. The festival change site so thing will be different and its hard to predict how everything will play out but the biggest two stages dont clash.

2 minutes ago, Notorious J.O.E. said:

There's a white dot placed in the middle of the Friday. Is that for just one headliner or to split two co-headliners, like how the dot works on Saturday for DM and QOTSA? Hehe just making wild guesses

could just be a template or a dot to donate something is coming 

2 minutes ago, Muppetmark said:

top two stages dont clash supposedly

2 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

and Depeche Mode too. The festival change site so thing will be different and its hard to predict how everything will play out but the biggest two stages dont clash.

Aye as long as there's not a huge overlap I won't be too gutted. Glancing at last years clashfinder, I wonder if Saturday Main Stage will be:

Queens of the Stone Age -> Depeche Mode -> Nine Inch Nails

Looking good so far, there's already enough for me on Thursday and the Saturday isn't far off, Friday doesn't have a great deal I'm interested in but a good headliner would change that.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but in the below post on their website it says "The 165€+ booking fee price will be available until January 8th at 23:59h or until the tickets sell out." and then further down near the VIP tickets "Every person interested in buying tickets must know that prices will change on January 9th at 00:00h". With this also being the month Arctic Monkeys are rumoured to be announcing dates I'm hoping this means it'll be them, and will be confirmed second week in January (Tuesday 9th)?

https://madcoolfestival.es/en/news/mad-cool-festival-desvela-los-precios-de-los-tickets-para-la-edicion-2018

Edited by alexlloyd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Aye as long as there's not a huge overlap I won't be too gutted. Glancing at last years clashfinder, I wonder if Saturday Main Stage will be:

Queens of the Stone Age -> Depeche Mode -> Nine Inch Nails

They just commented on Facebook that those 3 wont overlap and get to do a long concert (at least that's what Google Translate say :D