Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

27 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

They are teasing with Pearl Jam on purpose. They'll announce them last :lol: 

The Mad Cool CM said that the day splits are coming out on Monday. By then, we'll know Thursday and Saturday headliners, and the Friday headliner will be announced later.

Pearl Jam are heavily rumored to headline the Thursday.

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

So presumably: 

Thursday = Kasabian - Headliner - Dance/Electronic act (MGMT?) 

Friday = Snow Patrol - Headliner - Massive Attack

Saturday = Nine Inch Nails - QOTSA - Depeche Mode - Justice 

This year bands like Foals or Alt-J were playing on a second stage. Kasabian might be there. I know it's gonna be more stages next year, and things will be different. Not sure if they gonna have an electronic/dance act on main stage

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

So presumably: 

Thursday = Kasabian - Headliner - Dance/Electronic act (MGMT?) 

Friday = Snow Patrol - Headliner - Massive Attack

Saturday = Nine Inch Nails - QOTSA - Depeche Mode - Justice 

I was thinking NIN could be the late act on the Saturday. Obviously not a dance act but an act that relies on darkness.

Kasabian - Killers/Arcade Fire - Justice

Snow Patrol - Pearl Jam - Massive Attack

Jack Johnson - QOTSA - Depeche Mode - NIN

27 minutes ago, pete76 said:

This year bands like Foals or Alt-J were playing on a second stage. Kasabian might be there. I know it's gonna be more stages next year, and things will be different. Not sure if they gonna have an electronic/dance act on main stage

I got the impression, from the stuff Mad Cool said after they were announced, Kasabian would be main stage 

20 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I was thinking NIN could be the late act on the Saturday. Obviously not a dance act but an act that relies on darkness.

Kasabian - Killers/Arcade Fire - Justice

Snow Patrol - Pearl Jam - Massive Attack

Jack Johnson - QOTSA - Depeche Mode - NIN

P sure Justice are confirmed for the Saturday 

Just a thought, if the original PJ fan forum rumour was 4th Dec (basically coinciding with the ticket sale for MC) and given that they kept this PJ troll going of the ten videos and having a prev band from Seattle. 

Macklemore are touring 2018, could it be them tomorrow with PJ Monday?

(I’m ignoring that NOS have said big announcement tomorrow, it’s def Pearl Jam.)

Edited by DHG123

3 hours ago, DHG123 said:

Just a thought, if the original PJ fan forum rumour was 4th Dec (basically coinciding with the ticket sale for MC) and given that they kept this PJ troll going of the ten videos and having a prev band from Seattle. 

Macklemore are touring 2018, could it be them tomorrow with PJ Monday?

(I’m ignoring that NOS have said big announcement tomorrow, it’s def Pearl Jam.)

All 5 festivals and the rest of tour will be announced tomorrow

wow, this poster looks impressive. 

These tickets will sell out very fast! I'm not sure if I'll wait for additional announcements from NOS.

For Saturday I don't think Depeche and qotsa will co-headline. If the organizers act smart they'll pit NIN after QOTSA. I saw this combination on Rock im Park 2014 and it was impressive. Also they had an Australian tour together. You said that there are 2 main stages so Depeche probably will headline the other one... We will see I guess

5 minutes ago, r55N said:

These tickets will sell out very fast! I'm not sure if I'll wait for additional announcements from NOS.

For Saturday I don't think Depeche and qotsa will co-headline. If the organizers act smart they'll pit NIN after QOTSA. I saw this combination on Rock im Park 2014 and it was impressive. Also they had an Australian tour together. You said that there are 2 main stages so Depeche probably will headline the other one... We will see I guess

They'll co-headline, both main stage bands. 

27 minutes ago, r55N said:

Depeche Mode aren't gonna play anywhere other than headlining the biggest stage.

1 minute ago, johnybegood said:

Subheadliner and Third band TBA on Thursday (Kasabian will be 4th)

Headliner, Subheadliner and third band TBA on Friday 

More than 100 names still to come.

Oh wow. Hadn’t been keeping up with it too much but just assumed Pearl Jam were the big finale in terms of headliners. Crazy to think the line up is still gonna get better.

25 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Subheadliner and Third band TBA on Thursday (Kasabian will be 4th)

Headliner, Subheadliner and third band TBA on Friday 

More than 100 names still to come.

Someone said in this thread that Kasabian are 3rd or 4th down. Could see that including the dance act, too.

So Kasabian - Pearl Jam - Dance act

Maybe another act between Kasabian and PJ.

So who's left as potential headliners/subs... Killers, Arcade Fire, The National, Arctic Monkeys? Bearing in mind Beni are yet to announce any headliners. 

Difficult to judge who's big enough to outright headline if the likes of QOTSA, Depeche Mode and Kasabian aren't, Arctic Monkeys would be the ideal for me though.

I'd have thought Liam Gallagher will be announced at some point? Did Beni last year and I can't see him doing Bilbao BBK now Noels on the bill. 

3 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

So who's left as potential headliners/subs... Killers, Arcade Fire, The National, Arctic Monkeys? Bearing in mind Beni are yet to announce any headliners. 

Difficult to judge who's big enough to outright headline if the likes of QOTSA, Depeche Mode and Kasabian aren't, Arctic Monkeys would be the ideal for me though.

I'd have thought Liam Gallagher will be announced at some point? Did Beni last year and I can't see him doing Bilbao BBK now Noels on the bill. 

The National will play Primavera Sound.