Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

2 hours ago, gregory said:

Wolf Alice added to NOS, almost certain for Mad Cool now (after flaking out this year).

Just seen them at Ally Pally, put on a really good performance and it was 'sold out' (although I've seen the venue much busier before for the likes of Deftones / Libertines / Prodigy etc.) Would be a good addition for me.

2 minutes ago, pete76 said:

PJ headlining  MCF and NOS, both of them are still missing one headliner, will it be announced before Tuesday?

Mad Cool is missing at least 2 headliners (Depeche Mode and QOTSA play the same day)

Rumours: Pearl Jam and 9 or 10 more acts being announed before december 5th and the other headliner (Arctic Monkeys??) before january 5th.

52 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Mad Cool is missing at least 2 headliners (Depeche Mode and QOTSA play the same day)

Rumours: Pearl Jam and 9 or 10 more acts being announed before december 5th and the other headliner (Arctic Monkeys??) before january 5th.

Missing 2, but one of them is PJ, so basically missing one

Apparently Pearl Jam is possible, but additional headliner on top of them I think is not... (especially Arctic Monkeys). Even in this moment there is enough headline material for 3 days festival. We are all greedy as f* when it comes to announcements but we should have in mind how cheap the festival is compared to the other major EU festivals. Right now this ticket is a steal)

On the other hand - too many headliners could mean some clashes... Nobody knows how the timetable could look like. I really don't want to miss eventual PJ because Trent plays the other stage. Hm, when I come to think about it - this sounds like a good idea (devil)

Also Pearl Jam are bigger than some festival in Spain so such announcement will come when the band is ready.... which is probably tomorrow based on the new NOS alive status:)

8 minutes ago, r55N said:

Apparently Pearl Jam is possible, but additional headliner on top of them I think is not... (especially Arctic Monkeys). Even in this moment there is enough headline material for 3 days festival. We are all greedy as f* when it comes to announcements but we should have in mind how cheap the festival is compared to the other major EU festivals. Right now this ticket is a steal)

On the other hand - too many headliners could mean some clashes... Nobody knows how the timetable could look like. I really don't want to miss eventual PJ because Trent plays the other stage. Hm, when I come to think about it - this sounds like a good idea (devil)

Also Pearl Jam are bigger than some festival in Spain so such announcement will come when the band is ready.... which is probably tomorrow based on the new NOS alive status:)

Mad Cool CM has said that on saturday Depeche Mode, Queens Of The Stone Age, Nine Inch Nails and Jack Johnson won't clash. (there will be 7 stages, but the 2 main stages they will never clash)

Edited by johnybegood

8 minutes ago, r55N said:

If this year is anything to go by, I wouldn't worry too much about clashes as the two main stages alternate between acts. When one stage finishes, everyone spins around and moves to the other

Speaking about clashes, Green Day on the Main Stage and Cage the Elephant / Kodaline on the third one was a real pain this year.
I-Days Milano and NOS Alive hinting the announcement tomorrow; Pearl Jam are rumored for both.
Also Rock Fest Barcelona announces their last headliner tomorrow so there's a slight possibility for a heavy one for Mad Cool.