Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

Early / Tier 1 tickets - 150 € + fees

General / Tier 2 tickets -  € 165 + fees

Day Tickets - 76 € + fees

VIP passes will cost 400 €

VIP day tickets will cost 175 

(extra 5 € for buyers outside Peninsula)

Ticket sales will begin on December 5 at 11:00 am

Edited by craigb

11 hours ago, AndrewSmith said:

Another good addition. The '+1' must mean them and one other then going by the previous clue like this.

I agree. I do wonder though what the extra F was for from the "Paris" clue. 

The only theory I came up with is the following: BRMC are from San Francisco, and both S and F were in the clue. It's stretching it a bit, I know (sepecially with no extra letter this time), but that would also mean one of the bands announced next will be from El Paso, and the other from - say - LA?

Or, it was just to throw us off and I ought to be asleep.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, clasher said:

I agree. I do wonder though what the extra F was for from the "Paris" clue. 

The only theory I came up with is the following: BRMC are from San Francisco, and both S and F were in the clue. It's stretching it a bit, I know (sepecially with no extra letter this time), but that would also mean one of the bands announced next will be from El Paso, and the other from - say - LA?

Or, it was just to throw us off and I ought to be asleep.

Or maybe Paris, France just to be less general and not frighten people into thinking it's Paris Hilton :P

1 hour ago, NomadicMan said:

Can anyone tell me what the VIP tickets include? Price is very high so wondering if it’s worth it. Secondly wondering if presence of vip ticket holders reduces the experience for non vip? Thanks.

Bear in mind that all the following information is from last years festival and that the site will be moving next year to a different location.

The VIP tickets gave a separate entrance (or rather one that bypassed the queues) and this was very useful, especially on the first day when everyone was trying to get their wristbands.
There was a private bar/food/toilet area next to the main stage. The drink prices were reasonable at 4 Euros for a beer (maybe 3/4 of a pint?) and the same price for large spirit drinks in the same size cup. There was also a viewing platform that gave a decent outlook onto the two main stages.
The best thing about the VIP tickets was that half of the front of stage area on the two main stages was exclusively for VIP ticket holders. You showed them your wristband at the entrance and you were in. Apart from the headliners, you could pretty much walk in and get a really good view of any band. Even for the main bands it was fairly easy to get in and out for the loo or beer as long as you weren't right at the front. 

As for detracting from the experience of non VIP - having half the space at the front of the stage must have an impact. Apart from that, I can't think of anything.
I suggest you find the Mad Cool 2017 thread and look through the last few posts where people talked about their experiences at the festival and what they thought of it.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, elias said:

Bear in mind that all the following information is from last years festival and that the site will be moving next year to a different location.

The VIP tickets gave a separate entrance (or rather one that bypassed the queues) and this was very useful, especially on the first day when everyone was trying to get their wristbands.
There was a private bar/food/toilet area next to the main stage. The drink prices were reasonable at 4 Euros for a beer (maybe 3/4 of a pint?) and the same price for large spirit drinks in the same size cup. There was also a viewing platform that gave a decent outlook onto the two main stages.
The best thing about the VIP tickets was that half of the front of stage area on the two main stages was exclusively for VIP ticket holders. You showed them your wristband at the entrance and you were in. Apart from the headliners, you could pretty much walk in and get a really good view of any band. Even for the main bands it was fairly easy to get in and out for the loo or beer as long as you weren't right at the front. 

As for detracting from the experience of non VIP - having half the space at the front of the stage must have an impact. Apart from that, I can't think of anything.
I suggest you find the Mad Cool 2017 thread and look through the last few posts where people talked about their experiences at the festival and what they thought of it.

Thanks, I think I get the idea. I wanna go to a Spanish fest this year and looks like mad cool will have the best line up. But by many accounts the organisation last year was a bit of a shit show so VIP looks like the way to go given my general impatience, proclivity for beer and an unfortunately small bladder.

30 minutes ago, NomadicMan said:

Thanks, I think I get the idea. I wanna go to a Spanish fest this year and looks like mad cool will have the best line up. But by many accounts the organisation last year was a bit of a shit show so VIP looks like the way to go given my general impatience, proclivity for beer and an unfortunately small bladder.

No problem. I really enjoyed this year (apart from the horrible accident), but I know that some had a different experience. No problem getting a beer at Mad Cool, the bars were huge!
I'll wait for the remaining headliners to be announced and then make a decision, but it's looking positive. Having a comfy bed to sleep in at the end of the night is definitely a plus in my book.

4 hours ago, Haggarded said:

Can someone give a brief rundown of the problems from last year, or point me to a link where I can read about people's experiences?  With this lineup, really considering getting a group together from the states to attend, but if it's a logistical shit show may reconsider.

Thanks... 

They are moving site this year so keep that in mind when hearing tales of last year

• Upvote 1

On 11/25/2017 at 8:00 PM, Haggarded said:

Can someone give a brief rundown of the problems from last year, or point me to a link where I can read about people's experiences?  With this lineup, really considering getting a group together from the states to attend, but if it's a logistical shit show may reconsider.

Thanks... 

Here's the thread from last year. The last couple of pages may be of interest to you as they contain reviews of the festival.

On 25/11/2017 at 9:00 PM, Haggarded said:

Thanks... 

Copy/paste what I wrote in Rock Wechter forum about Mad Cool 2017:

The problems with Mad Cool last year were severals

• Weather was shit. Heavy rain in july in Madrid is something so strange. The Main Stage screens didn't work in foo Fighters show due to the rain.
  • One acrobat died during its performance and Green Day played just 20 minutes after the accident. Lot of people thought that it had to be cancelled after this tragic event.
  • The food stalls were overcrowded and was so difficult to get food (long queues)
  • Queues to get a taxi after Main Stage headliner show. Maybe you should wait for 45 minutes to get one.
  • No camping, so you have to find a hotel or hostel or apartment

This year the festival is moving to a bigger space much better connected with public trasnport. Mad Cool is a young festival (this year it was its 2nd edition), so they make some mistakes that never will be done by veteran festvals as Werchter or Roskide.

I've been both year to the festival (I'm from Madrid) and I had a great time and no problems, but I agree that there is much to improve yet. I'm sure that en the next edition some of this problems will be solved. 

• Upvote 2