Mad Cool 2018

JBarbour

Just now, DiscothequeDave said:

Might mean that all NOS's headliners will play at MC but not necessarily be MC's headliners?

Dave, I think that it means that there are still 2 big bands that still have no European dates and both will play Nos and Mad Cool. Maybe Pearl Jam and Arctic Monkeys? 

But, also Mad Cool CM said that QOTSA aren't headliners... so maybe they will co-headline with another similar size band, or maybe Mad Cool has a third headliner waiting to be announed besides these two bands shared with Nos Alive (first option is more logical)

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

so have NOS.

So NOS have got QOTSA and the National + an as yet unknown headliner? 

That's a strong day in anyone's book.

I'm guessing that Arctic Monkeys will be one of the 3 headliners along with Pearl Jam. Just working out the 3rd now :-)

Edited by DiscothequeDave

14 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

So NOS have got QOTSA and the National + an as yet unknown headliner? 

That's a strong day in anyone's book.

I'm guessing that Arctic Monkeys will be one of the 3 headliners along with Pearl Jam. Just working out the 3rd now :-)

Surely QOTSA and The National will be coheadlining NOS? I couldn't see either of those third down on any bill. If so, would that not also confirm The National for MC if we're getting all three NOS headliners? 

8 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Ah, so you assume The National will be the headliners instead of QOTSA? I would think it's the other way around or a co-head thing.

QOTSA are the first name on the website so if they'll be headlining as opposed to the National if they are indeed headliners. 

Was that Hurricane Festival (late June) poster going around a fake in the end? Had QOTSA and The Killers headlining. Could be it wasn't meant to be released and Killers are doing another lap of the fest circuit? (They're tour page just has US festivals to late May at the moment.)

QOTSA/The National Co headline

Pearl Jam

The Killers

would be pretty cool...

Just now, DiscothequeDave said:

QOTSA are the first name on the website so if they'll be headlining as opposed to the National if they are indeed headliners. 

Yup, which means QOTSA are one of the three NOS-headliners that MC also has booked (though not a headliner there). Add PJ to the list and we only need the third NOS-headliner that is also on the MC-bill. 

7 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

alphabetical?

Am pretty sure The Nat were announced as headliners in something i got, but can't be bothered to check back.

text on NOS website also suggests QOTSA are playing below The Nat.

Edited by eFestivals

11 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Yup, which means QOTSA are one of the three NOS-headliners that MC also has booked (though not a headliner there). Add PJ to the list and we only need the third NOS-headliner that is also on the MC-bill. 

Glad that's cleared that up then.  

So in my eyes - NOS - QOTSA - National co headline / Pearl Jam / Arctic Monkeys

MC - Pearl Jam / Arctic Monkeys / AN Other i.e. RHCP,  Radiohead, The Stones, Springsteen etc.

I'd say the Chilis or Radiohead are the most likely so far.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

16 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

You sure?

Playing on Friday 13th July 2018, QOTSA join what's already shaping up to be an outstanding bill with The National.

To me, that definitely sounds like The Nat are top of the bill that day.

4 minutes ago, gregory said:

Sounds like QOTSA are joining an outstanding bill that includes the already-announced The National.

yep - with the National as the lead name, as proven by having led with them.

5 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

On the websites front page and the 'lineup' page QOTSA are listed first. 

http://nosalive.com/en/lineup/

alphabetical? (reverse) chronological?

Edited by eFestivals