Rock am Ring 2018

h1210

Yeah hopefully it'll be alright, just worried as there aren't loads and loads on the lineup I love (maybe like 15-20? I'd watch atm) that clashes could reduce that by a lot. Hopefully be okay though, 3/4 good bands each day and any of the headliners as I'd watch all 4 makes it worth it I think. Thinking of doing Rock Im Park and staying for a few days extra in Nuremberg as it looks like a really pretty city, got a few interesting museums and a great zoo.

Edited by BlackFoxx

Nuremberg is a nice city, old city, one of the biggest cities during the medieval ages :) Hometown of Dürer, the most famous german painter, always an important part of the german history, for example place of the subsequent Nuremberg trials.... You get in six minutes from the Festival area to the city center by train :)

yeah, I see no more than 1-2 decent bands on this poster with the next announcement and the rest will be fillers. With the next announcement next year we'll see day splits so this will be interesting as well.

Overall not counting the Foo fighters day on Download Paris - so far RaR/RiP have the best rock line up for '18.

P.S. Excuse my zero tolerance for Judas, Maiden, Ozzy, Guns and other not relevant bands in 21st century :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/19/2018 at 1:35 AM, ckek22 said:

So guys I see to have a hard time finding any specific info 

Like at what time should I get up in order to be in the first 1-10 rows?

Don't know about Rock am Ring but at Rock im Park you should go before an act that goes before the act you want to see plays (hope you understood me :D ) to get really good spot. 

These festivals are really unchilled because the Germans always think they'll miss everything if they aren't in front of the stage 3 hours before beginning. Will never forget the securities having people formed around them in a half-circle deciding who they will let through next. Bit of "you're the chosen one  ... go" .... I'm not missing that festival (Rock im Park in my case) at all.

Edited by Bury420

28 minutes ago, Bury420 said:

These festivals are really unchilled because the Germans always think they'll miss everything if they aren't in front of the stage 3 hours before beginning. Will never forget the securities having people formed around them in a half-circle deciding who they will let through next. Bit of "you're the chosen one  ... go" .... I'm not missing that festival (Rock im Park in my case) at all.

Well I went in 2016 and I must tell you I didn't see that. I went 5 minutes before Black Sabbath went on and got into that front area just by walking, people were standing really apart each other. The same thing for Volbeat or actually anyone. Didn't notice that at all. Maybe it's due not having as many people as before when you went? 

12 hours ago, ckek22 said:

So as far as I know there are a couple of stages at Rock am Ring?
How do I know at what stage and what time a band is performing?

Like will there be information on that before the festivals or as soon as the festival begins?

I checked Rock Im Park but I think it's the same: last year days split on 7 of April, timetable 11 of May.

If you want to have an idea on how the stages work have a look here (it's 2016)

https:///s/rockamring2016/

Hi all,

I am currently undertaking a Masters in Business Strategic Management and in order to complete this qualification, I am writing a dissertation with the title of:

The collection and use of data in music industry marketing for the European audience: a comparative study between the UK and Germany.

In order to assist me with this, I am hoping you are able to spend a couple of minutes completing the questionnaire below and would be really grateful for your time and opinion in order to help me with my studies.

I must stress that your participation in these groups and your contributions will remain entirely anonymous and the data I collect will be only used for the purposes of my dissertation.

Many thanks for your time.

Kind regards
Paul

Hi guys!

People have probably asked this but I'll ask again!

This is the first time I am thinking about travelling outside the UK for a festival but it looks too good not to!

What would be the best way to get to rock am ring?

I looked at coach (argon events) but the site says it isn't doing coach packages this year? I suppose I could just figure out flights etc but if there is an easier way I would love to know!

15 hours ago, Moushie said:

Hi guys!

People have probably asked this but I'll ask again!

This is the first time I am thinking about travelling outside the UK for a festival but it looks too good not to!

What would be the best way to get to rock am ring?

I looked at coach (argon events) but the site says it isn't doing coach packages this year? I suppose I could just figure out flights etc but if there is an easier way I would love to know!

Rock im Park is a lot easier to get there, the festival is in Nuremberg, a city with a population +500000, own international airport (9 stops with U" (underground) to the city center + 4/5 Stops with S-Bahn to the festival area) and good public transportation, the festival has a own camping area but there is the opportunity to take a hotel in Nuremberg too :) The festival is next to the football stadium, so good connection to the public transportation :)

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, PakitoExplain said:

Guys do you think that Foo Fighters and Gorillaz will play in parallel on different stages? It happened the same in 2015 with Foo and Slipknot who were that day's headliners but they played in different hours. What do you think?

They overlapped for like 5 minutes tho? 

14 hours ago, PakitoExplain said:

So do you suggest to take the daily ticket if I want to see both of them? I'm just afraid that I'm going there but they play in overlaps

Yes. Foo Fighters will play on the main stage and Gorillaz will start on the 2nd stage as Foo Fighters are finishing their set. You probably won't be able to get a good spot for both if you want that tho