Bestival 2018 incoming!

smogo

24 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Possible. Though the mystic woman in the video listed them alongside all these high-placing women, which would be odd to do.

Aye but if the idea of the video was to push the fact they've loaded the upper reaches with high profile female acts then it wouldn't matter. When they get announced in a few weeks time no one's gonna be like "Hold on, they included then in that video pushing the female upper reaches of the lineup".

I get that they could have just left them out of the video completely but on the other hand they probably wanted to make it clear that there's another headliner to come.

Edit: And "two dark, handsome steangers" sounds more like a description of males to me. Females aren't often described as handsome, are they?

I was thinking Justice but them being booked to sub last year and being 3rd down at APE this year would make it look pretty weak.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

3 hours ago, gsansom said:

Everyone's face when's it revealed he's done the impossible and bagged Daft Punks live return :ph34r::ph34r:

This would be one of the greatest things that ever happened in the history of festivals!

My friend (who loves Daft Punk) suspects more likely the Chemical Brothers. And they are around...

1 hour ago, smogo said:

"Huge and very special" is the other clue, though of course they're hardly going to call them "Mid-ranking and ordinary".

...and they're quite mid-ranking and ordinary

2 hours ago, Zacko said:
  • DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince

If the 'two strangers' thing is for real then I think this is a shout!

But Rob's follow up 'you're not very good at this' makes me thing it's a red herring? If I was putting money on this it would still be on Arcade Fire (even if the rest of the lineup makes me think that dreams dead).

6 hours ago, Zacko said:

MGMT

This is my current guess - the "dark" element could allude to their new album 'Little Dark Age'.

In fact, Royal Blood might just be the one - 'How Did We Get So Dark?' is their new album and they have a song called 'Better Strangers'*

And for good measure - Run the Jewels? Please? Although I have seen them a handful of times, I would like a pretty exciting headliner after last year's ATCQ - and M.I.A doesn't quite do it for me

*I also think that strangers is probably just in the sense that they are strangers to us as we don't know who they are yet

Edited by finn_with_1_n

35 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

*I also think that strangers is probably just in the sense that they are strangers to us as we don't know who they are yet

Unless it's Daft Punk and they're strangers because no ones seen or heard a sniff of them live for bloomin' ages :D

We can dream...

I'd actually be quite happy with any of your three suggestions though, tbh :)

8 hours ago, matthall95 said:

@eFestivals just a heads up, I think you might have left off First Aid Kit from your announcement/lineup page :)

Thanks.

Just checked how it got missed, and it wasn't in the pre-announcement embargo'd press release they sent out, but was in the release they sent out after the announcement (which I didn't look at, on rthe basis they're usually the same thing).

1 hour ago, gsansom said:

Are we being given more clues than we realise? Why does the fortune teller go from having two lace gloves to one paint splattered workman's gloves back to two lace gloves again. Continuity error or clue. Seems pretty intentional! 

Stones Roses tribute to Michael Jackson set then?

Edited by Homer

Many of the headliner suggestions simply don't fit in the letters hidden beneath the obscured area. 

It's clear that there are 4 decent sized letters at the end. 

Arcade Fire - Spice Girls don't seem to fit. MGMT certainly doesn't fit

If it makes anyone fell any better  - Soft cell fits LOL