Bestival 2018 incoming!

smogo

Given that Grace Jones has already been announced, highly doubt she'll be bumped up to headliner spot.

The Black Keys haven't done anything in years and aren't planning a comeback any time soon if I'm correct. They're still doing their solo stuff I think.

Sticking with MGMT

10 hours ago, BigKev88 said:

Assuming the final act is covered by that black line, it doesn’t look like it can be Run DMC, if you look at what you can see of the letters and compare them to say the font  R or C of another of the acts in bold.

That's a big assumption, but if it is, then it looks like it might be a name made up of 2 x 4 letters, possibly one of the words being 3 letters if there's an H, M or W in there.

What it looks most like, apart from the fact that the top of the second letter looks flat, is SOFT CELL. Which would be a coup, especially given that their O2 show was announced as "the band’s ONLY and last EVER show". Surprisingly that show isn't yet sold out though, and they don't strike me as a crowd-puller for people who do festivals (though, being 42, I'd definitely go see them).

Anyway, the first letter under that black bar is a C, G or S.
The second is probably E, I or T.
The first letter you can see on the right-hand side is C, J or S.
And I think the last letter is A, E, F, M, L, P R or Y.

But it's probably just a bunch of random letters that don't mean anything.

Edited by smogo
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I do. And the only 'clue' I'm giving (which gives nothing away) is that I wouldn't have guessed it in a million years.

You'll have to wait until tomorrow. :)

At least I assume it isn’t Run DMC then.

Building up for an underwhelming announcement and then probably wishing it was Run DMC.

Do you know if it’s just the one act being announced or any smaller stage stuff too? Fair enough if rather not say