Bestival 2018 incoming!

smogo

39 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

As much as we want it to be Royal Blood it won't be them. Run DMC have a date in London near the time, they fulfill their description in the video & make sense letterwise for the poster. Not to mention Bestival Twitter replying with "tricky" to a comment.

Run DMC, a trio, fit the description of "two dark and handsome strangers"?

1 hour ago, deadpheasant said:

As much as we want it to be Royal Blood it won't be them. Run DMC have a date in London near the time, they fulfill their description in the video & make sense letterwise for the poster. Not to mention Bestival Twitter replying with "tricky" to a comment.

Does seem that Run DMC and Royal Blood are the best shouts atm but gotta say Run DMC are more likely at this point with all the little clues we have. 

2 hours ago, drakeyyy said:

Does seem that Run DMC and Royal Blood are the best shouts atm but gotta say Run DMC are more likely at this point with all the little clues we have. 

Really can't see Royal Blood headlining. Don't fit with the rest of the festival, Run DMC makes a lot more sense imo. Especially as they usually have an 80s throwback as one of the headliners

21 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Really can't see Royal Blood headlining. Don't fit with the rest of the festival, Run DMC makes a lot more sense imo. Especially as they usually have an 80s throwback as one of the headliners

I haven't been to Bestival (read a fair bit about it) so can you tell me what makes you and others so sure that RB wouldn't be booked because they don't fit the festival? Given the clue, RDB's apparent eagerness to book a rock headliner, their lack of appearance on today's R&L announcement,  their current status and their availability, they look to be the favourite to me (as an outsider at least).

Edited by Mattd1205

25 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Haven't read back apologies, I've come here after the Reading lineup ruined my Tuesday 

has Massive Attack been suggested for the headliner?

I think they were mentioned once in response to the "Tricky" clue, but it died down quite quickly. I would really quite like that to be honest :) 

36 minutes ago, Mattd1205 said:

I haven't been to Bestival (read a fair bit about it) so can you tell me what makes you and others so sure that RB wouldn't be booked because they don't fit the festival? Given the clue, RDB's apparent eagerness to book a rock headliner, their lack of appearance on today's R&L announcement,  their current status and their availability, they look to be the favourite to me (as an outsider at least).

I completely agree. RDB would love to book them. But a definite outside shot considering they haven't announced any European summer dates. Looking at the rest of the line-up it's hard to imagine Bestival have the budget to take them on a European or even UK exclusive.

Run-DMC fit the clues given about a duo, who are probably male, who are currently touring, who are free bestival weekend, who are associated with the word 'tricky', whose name seems to fit in the writing on the poster and they also fit the title of very special guests because they are hip-hop legends.

40 minutes ago, drakeyyy said:

I completely agree. RDB would love to book them. But a definite outside shot considering they haven't announced any European summer dates. Looking at the rest of the line-up it's hard to imagine Bestival have the budget to take them on a European or even UK exclusive.

Run-DMC fit the clues given about a duo, who are probably male, who are currently touring, who are free bestival weekend, who are associated with the word 'tricky', whose name seems to fit in the writing on the poster and they also fit the title of very special guests because they are hip-hop legends.

I do think people are potentially reading too much into the clues. However I think Run DMC is probably as decent a shout as any.

They kinda 'fit' Bestival and their London show has standing tickets still available which I suppose could be a reason for not being announced. But then why would Kendal announce and not Bestival? Wouldn't have thought the location would make a huge difference although there would be more Londoners at Bestival compared to Kendal

From Bestivals point of view I dont really see them as a big ticket seller on their own. Although maybe thats just me as I wouldnt watch them having seeing them previously. I guess it probably inst the decision of Bestival not to announce the headliner yet, whoever it is.

Royal Blood would be a great booking from the festivals point of view but I cant really see it and don't expect them to be announced.

5 minutes ago, arteet said:

But then why would Kendal announce and not Bestival?

Any number of reasons that may not be visible to us. Could just be as simple as Bestival getting a discount in return for announcing later (or Kendal paying more to get theirs out earlier).

2 hours ago, Mattd1205 said:

I don't think in the history of Bestival they've had a band as heavy as Royal Blood headline. They'd be playing on the main stage above Mura Masa (Art Pop/Hip hop) & Thundercat (Funk/Jazz), So having a rock band there doesn't logically make much sense.

11 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Still think it'll be Underworld, mainly because I thought of it 

Run DMC flopped at IOW so if it Rob is sensible he'll swerve that one 

In what way did they flop at Isle of Wight?

Do you think if they are the other act they might suit a Bestival crowd more?

27 minutes ago, rseamer said:

In what way did they flop at Isle of Wight?

Do you think if they are the other act they might suit a Bestival crowd more?

They didn't seem to get a particularly good reception and it was one of the easiest years to get a cheap ticket beforehand, suggesting it didn't sell very well (granted that's not just down to them). 

Nah not really. I think they'd go down okay as a middle of the day novelty act like House of Pain did the other year but not as a headliner. 

My mate down in Brighton reckon Royal Blood have got a big gig lined up, hence no festies. No idea if it's decent info as its not first hand, and tbh I'd have thought they'd need to have had it announced by now, but I'm thinking perhaps the Amex? 

They might just be having a summer off tbh, what with no EU dates announced.