Bestival 2018 incoming!

smogo

I dunno, Justice are still touring last year's show around the festival circuit, and I got the impression that their cancellation last year may well have been Bestival's fault rather than theirs. I believe that someone hadn't done their homework regarding whether Justice's frankly incredible light show was workable on Bestival's stage.

2 minutes ago, smogo said:

I dunno, Justice are still touring last year's show around the festival circuit...

True, but nothings happened in the last year to bump them to a headline slot.

2 minutes ago, smogo said:

I believe that someone hadn't done their homework regarding whether Justice's frankly incredible light show was workable on Bestival's stage.

I guess we'll never know the truth to the situation last year, but RdB had said in the build up to the festival that he'd seen Justice at Glasto and that the Bestival stage was getting extra reinforcement to accommodate their rig. That makes me thing it wasn't a staging issue, maybe just too long a change over/problem for Pet Shop Boys following or personal dramas.

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

everything :P

but you know i can't say.

Just out of interest, does whether you decide to say or not simply come down to whether you heard directly (press release?) or whether it was another source? For example, you not only put 2017 R&L headliners on the site, you also tweeted them. Surely they wouldn't want it mentioned either?! 

6 minutes ago, Mattd1205 said:

Just out of interest, does whether you decide to say or not simply come down to whether you heard directly (press release?) or whether it was another source? For example, you not only put 2017 R&L headliners on the site, you also tweeted them. Surely they wouldn't want it mentioned either?! 

He has received the press release from Bestival HQ which is embargoed until 6pm. If he reveals it now he will damage his relationship with Bestival.

Saying 'I think it is X' based on outside info received is a different matter entirely, as it doesn't break any embargoes and is not official info.

Edited by Homer

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

He has received the press release from Bestival HQ which is embargoed until 6pm. If he reveals it now he will damage his relationship with Bestival.

Saying 'I think it is X' based on outside info received is a different matter entirely, as it doesn't break any embargoes and is not official info.

^ :)