Bestival 2018 incoming!

smogo

Arcade Fire, N.E.R.D, Lionel is what I'm going for. Would've said AF are a bit too big for this still but I know RDB has been after them for a long time and with them currently on the decline and having played every other major fest, maybe this is the year he bagged them.

edit: I know I'm literally just repeating three acts people have mentioned in the last two pages, but they all jumped out at me as very Bestival acts and pretty realistic possibilities (far moreso than Britney, anyway). 

Edited by FloorFiller

5 hours ago, gsansom said:

Watching the Grammys last night 2 things occurred to me:

How has Gaga not headlined a UK (or any other to my knowledge)  festival? Saw her middle of the day on the other at Glasto in 09. Really surprised no one's bagged her when she was ruling the charts.  I think she'd be a be a great fit for Bestival.  

There's a tale to be told about Gaga and Bestival.

Apparently when she was just starting out and before she was famous Rob Da Bank was offered her for Bestival but turned the offer down. I seem to remember reading somewhere it was one of his regrets.

Looking at who's doing the rounds that week, think we could see Rudimental,  Craig David,  Years & Years. Friendly Fires, Jeremy Loops. Above everything still hoping that Robs bagged The Streets and splashed all the (savings from the date move) cash on a HUGE hiphop name (Jigga. Nas, Kenny. Hell even Will and Jazz) on a UK exclusive.  If they could get that double whammy it could put them back on top in a year of (in my opinion) line up mediocrity when everyone should be looking to borrow Glastos crown whilst they're off the throne. 

2 hours ago, Frrrraaappp head said:

Well incoming news is that Jimmy Cliff is playing both Bestival (Saturday 4th) and All Together Now Festival (Sunday 5th) in Waterford, Ireland (On the same weekend).

https://www.jimmycliff.com/tour/

Very interesting booking there, one I'd expect to headline West Holts at Glastonbury. Would he headline or sub do you think?

2 hours ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Makes sense for Justice to return after their cancellation. The Streets is an excellent shout. 

Given the fact Justice left the festival in a difficult situation last year, weren't even headlining then and haven't released anything new since, I just can't see it.

I'm dreading The Streets though...