Bestival 2018 incoming!

smogo

Not read the past few pages, but are people seriously thinking Britney is a contender for this? :lol: She would cost far too much, especially now that Bestival has downsized some, and isn't a good fit for the festival at all, cheese factor or not. Can't help but think the headliners/lineup are gonna be kind of lacklustre considering who's around this year and a good fit for this, although I couldn't take a stab at who it'll be - no real obvious headliner like The xx last year (that I can think of).

florence, arcade fire, bon iver, james blakes (thursday) nerd david byrne, Massive attack, alt j, all seem in the believable realm of doing it, but robdabank throws cruveballs all the time, so i could see britney doing the wildcard sunday headliner at a detriment to the festivals budget. (would rathernot though)

9 hours ago, ace56blaa said:

florence, arcade fire, bon iver, james blakes (thursday) nerd david byrne, Massive attack, alt j, all seem in the believable realm of doing it, but robdabank throws cruveballs all the time, so i could see britney doing the wildcard sunday headliner at a detriment to the festivals budget. (would rathernot though)

no chance of David Byrne. He's back in the states on Bestival weekend.

I would have said Britney was unrealistic in terms of budget but if she can play at Brighton Pride & in Scarborough then I can see her playing at Bestival...

I'll take a guess at:

Thurs: Everything Everything

Fri: Britney

Sat: Massive Attack

Sun: N.E.R.D 

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Britney still seems like a long shot to me, but damn would I be tempted to go if she was announced and I'm sure I'm not alone in that one - would be a very popular booking, almost too much so, which is why I don't see it. She's much bigger than any headliner I'd expect Bestival to book these days.

39 minutes ago, Homer said:

Pretty sure I read that's because's she's always wanted to play Scarborough, though, so that's more of a bucket (and spade) list thing for her personally.

There was an article online from local news with quotes from the guy who was involved in arranging it and it said it was a combination of persistence and one of her people being from Leeds which helped.

Cant believe that Britney Spears is the most debated potential headliner for Bestival 2018 so far. I really cant see it myself.

Just now, arteet said:

Cant believe that Britney Spears is the most debated potential headliner for Bestival 2018 so far. I really cant see it myself.

There seems to be a will for Bestival to succeed (on these boards anyway) - remains to be seen if the festival itself is going to meet us halfway!

55 minutes ago, rseamer said:

So Lionel Ritchie is touring.

His head has been at Bestival.

There have been DJ sets which bookended with his music at Bestival.

Can we lob him on the possible list?

I reckon you probably can, tho going by his prices for Hampton Court I reckon it might be the inflatable that's tempted him (if he's been tempted).

36 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Arcade Fire are free Bestival weekend and they are around in Sweden & Denmark the week after Bestival. I'd say that makes them pretty likely...

Likewise, Kendrick Lamar is playing festivals in Norway, Sweden, Finland and Hungary in the week following Bestival.

Watching the Grammys last night 2 things occurred to me:

How has Gaga not headlined a UK (or any other to my knowledge)  festival? Saw her middle of the day on the other at Glasto in 09. Really surprised no one's bagged her when she was ruling the charts.  I think she'd be a be a great fit for Bestival.  

Also anyone else thinking theres a possibility Bestival have bagged Kendrik ahead of Reading.  Is there anything other than sheer wishful thinking on the forum to suggest he's playing there. I'd say Bestivals appreciation of hiphop runs deeper than Readings.