Bestival 2018 incoming!

smogo

49 minutes ago, Homer said:

Last two seem a bit big. Have both topped Glastonbury.

I don't know dude,  I'd argue that Florence isn't as big as Tribe Called Quest. I'd say shes on par with the like of the XX. Also feel like they're gonna pull out one big name and in keeping with their history of attracting big US rappers (Outkast, Missy, Nas, Busta, etc) seems a possibility they could get the jigga man.  Hell. Will Smith would be a good Sunday night finish.  If Blackpool could randomly get him for one night I would have thought Bestival could, schedules allowing.

Rob da Bank has liked my tweet about Britney being in the country, if that means anything.

(As opposed to replying with a "no", I mean.)

Plus perhaps their uncertainty about when they're going to announce its because they've had to wait for Brighton Pride to announce and/or sell out first.

Edited by smogo

10 hours ago, smogo said:

Rob da Bank has liked my tweet about Britney being in the country, if that means anything.

(As opposed to replying with a "no", I mean.)

Plus perhaps their uncertainty about when they're going to announce its because they've had to wait for Brighton Pride to announce and/or sell out first.

Brighton is on a tier system (I sent last year to see the Pet Shops). And surely Britney will sell it out in minutes anyway.

Edited by Homer

2 hours ago, jackarmy said:

This is the festival that had Sean Paul headline, as a supposed replacement for Prince...

Well, that's based on the assumption that they ever got close with Prince, and given the financial position Bestival found themselves in in 2016, I would say that Sean Paul and Wiz Khalifa joint-headliner was about as much as they could afford, would say if anyone directly replaced Prince it was The Cure. 

1 hour ago, smogo said:

Oi, Blackout is one of the greatest pop albums ever made, and Circus is bloody good too.

I'm not coming for Britney, I am just saying that she isn't the sort of acts that Bestival should be throwing all of their money at, Britney to a 19 year old is surely nothing more than a novelty act? 

2 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

would say if anyone directly replaced Prince it was The Cure. 

No, as you'll see from page 4 of the thread below, I discovered that the Cure were headlining nearly 6 months before Prince died. (And they were announced 3 months before he died, anyway.)

Edited by smogo

4 hours ago, smogo said:

No, as you'll see from page 4 of the thread below, I discovered that the Cure were headlining nearly 6 months before Prince died. (And they were announced 3 months before he died, anyway.)

Ah, excellent sleuthing, either way, I still think money spent on Britney would be poorly directed funds. I'm not even going this year, but I really hope they pull out a corking line up to i) quieten down the naysayers and ii) ensure that next year is another year with an interesting line up that I will be ble to drag myself along to.

57 minutes ago, smogo said:

Looks like the announcement won't be until after the price rise. Someone asked if that's the date the lineup will be revealed, and @Bestival replied "Not quite".

Ah okay. It’s only a tenner or so more isn’t it.

I think I’ll wait before pulling the trigger as Bestival is so hit and miss with line ups. Had a great time last year though so would like to go back.

On 23/01/2018 at 9:05 AM, eFestivals said:

she's in Germany on the Monday, so i doubt it.

I suppose it depends whether the one day on / one day off schedule currently announced is because it takes 48 hours for the production to move from one venue to the next (except short distances, eg Scarborough to Manchester in 24 hours), or if it's because the off day is being held for an extra show at each venue.

36 minutes ago, smogo said:

I suppose it depends whether the one day on / one day off schedule currently announced is because it takes 48 hours for the production to move from one venue to the next (except short distances, eg Scarborough to Manchester in 24 hours), or if it's because the off day is being held for an extra show at each venue.

or because she just wants a day off :P