Bilbao BBK Live 2018

DDave

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

horrible ticket touting festival.

Buy a ticket to BBK and help ensure you get shafted for tickets for ever-more. 

Spend your money with those who have integrity instead.

If that's your concern you shouldn't promote any Spanish festival on your web (aside from a couple of exceptions) due to the working conditions their workers are subjected to.

And if you are so concerned about customer rights, you should know that FACUA (the largest NGO that claims for customer rights in Spain), has condemned dozens of times all those festivals for various malpractices.

Just for your info.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Trk said:

If that's your concern you shouldn't promote any Spanish festival on your web (aside from a couple of exceptions) due to the working conditions their workers are subjected to.

And if you are so concerned about customer rights, you should know that FACUA (the largest NGO that claims for customer rights in Spain), has condemned dozens of times all those festivals for various malpractices.

Just for your info.

Spanish employment law is a matter for the Spanish. 

Promoting ticket touts or not is a matter for this website, and I'm not going to promote c**ts or the c**ts who climb into bed with them to the detriment of ticket buyers everywhere.

Booked tickets for this the other day, past few years have had top lineups and at under £80 it was an absolute steal considering I like both headliners announced so far.

Stubhub charged 5 euros per ticket booking fee and no extra fee to print off tickets at home. That's 6.25% of the ticket price in fees, which is without a doubt less than what Ticketmaster, See Tickets etc. would have charged. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Odessa said:

Booked tickets for this the other day, past few years have had top lineups and at under £80 it was an absolute steal considering I like both headliners announced so far.

Stubhub charged 5 euros per ticket booking fee and no extra fee to print off tickets at home. That's 6.25% of the ticket price in fees, which is without a doubt less than what Ticketmaster, See Tickets etc. would have charged. 

Stub hub are one of the worst for allowing reselling at waaaaaay above face value tho. They are essentially touts. Pretty shitty of a fest to use them as a point of sale, even for face value tix 

2 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Stub hub are one of the worst for allowing reselling at waaaaaay above face value tho. They are essentially touts. Pretty shitty of a fest to use them as a point of sale, even for face value tix 

Yeah I don't disagree, but basically I'm not gonna miss out on a festival cos of it. I don't really feel like I've encouraged touting as I haven't paid Stubhub any more than the ticket was worth and I won't be using them again in future unless it's a situation like this.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Yeah I don't disagree, but basically I'm not gonna miss out on a festival cos of it.

According to research i'm currently writing up, chances are you will do. Just not the one where you buy from a tout.

• 80% of the UK public think secondary ticketing is a "rip off"
  • 67% of those who purchased above-face-value tickets from sellers on sites like Viagogo, StubHub, Get Me In! and Seatwave said they would attend fewer concerts in the future. 60% said they would attend fewer festivals, 58% that they would spend less on food & drink at venues, and 47% that they would spend less on recorded music. 
  • Consumers support the concept of "face value" resale as well as proactive measures to tackle ticket touting online

that's a summary from http://fanfairalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/FanfairReport_FINAL.pdf

Edited by eFestivals

9 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Festicket also sell tickets for this event.

Tbf I would have gone with them instead, but the BBK Live website linked to stubhub so I assumed that was the only option.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

According to research i'm currently writing up, chances are you will do. Just not the one where you buy from a tout.

Idk, I don't feel like I've contributed negatively here really. I'm sure you're aware that Get Me In is owned by Ticketmaster, as a result should I not buy tickets off Ticketmaster either due to their links to touting? Sometimes it's the only option and if I want to go to an event I'm not gonna be fussy about who I buy a face value ticket off tbh. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I'm sure you're aware that Get Me In is owned by Ticketmaster, as a result should I not buy tickets off Ticketmaster either due to their links to touting?

TM also own another major tout (Seatwave, i think).

It's not quite the same tho. While TM gets up to a number of different tricks with its touting sites, the tickets they trade in are different (first sale vs resale).

12 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Sometimes it's the only option and if I want to go to an event I'm not gonna be fussy about who I buy a face value ticket off tbh. 

eFestivals took its anti-tout stance nearly 20 years ago and isn't going to be giving it up. 

Touts are scumbags.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

TM also own another major tout (Seatwave, i think).

It's not quite the same tho. While TM gets up to a number of different tricks with its touting sites, the tickets they trade in are different (first sale vs resale).

They're essentially doing what Stubhub are doing here I think, only they're clever enough to split it up over multiple websites. At the end of the day though it's all under Ticketmaster's umbrella so I think the principle of it is basically the same.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

eFestivals took its anti-tout stance nearly 20 years ago and isn't going to be giving it up. 

Touts are scumbags.

Yeah I'm not trying to argue with you, and I'm certainly not trying to defend touting.

55 minutes ago, Odessa said:

They're essentially doing what Stubhub are doing here I think, only they're clever enough to split it up over multiple websites. At the end of the day though it's all under Ticketmaster's umbrella so I think the principle of it is basically the same.

I get that, but Stubhub are trying to normalise touting via that, where TM do at least (in theory ;)) keep the touting separate.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I get that, but Stubhub are trying to normalise touting via that, where TM do at least (in theory ;)) keep the touting separate.

If you try and buy tickets for a sold out event on Ticketmaster it lists the Get Me In prices, you don't even need to leave the Ticketmaster website. It's hardly keeping it separate. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Odessa said:

If you try and buy tickets for a sold out event on Ticketmaster it lists the Get Me In prices, you don't even need to leave the Ticketmaster website. It's hardly keeping it separate. 

but it does mark them as something different and it takes you to a different place, and TM is not a website that exists in the first place for the sole purpose of touting.

I'm not pretending that TM is whiter than white, but it has chosen to keep a line between the two things, while that line doesn't exist for stubhub.

15 hours ago, eFestivals said:

but it does mark them as something different and it takes you to a different place, and TM is not a website that exists in the first place for the sole purpose of touting.

I'm not pretending that TM is whiter than white, but it has chosen to keep a line between the two things, while that line doesn't exist for stubhub.

That's quickly changing with http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/platinum/. I first saw this in action with Kendrick Lemar tickets a few weeks ago. A complete joke. Up to 3 times the "face value" / RRP on a primary ticket site. I got the same allocated ticket direct from the venue ticket site for "face value"

I'm trying to move away from Ticketmaster but it's difficult when they (most likely) get the largest allocation of tickets for Live Nation events. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Also see - https://www.ticketnews.com/live-nation-ends-metallica-resale-crackdown/

• Upvote 1

Hello people,

We are older than your average festival attendee as we are in out late 40's so can't face camping for this festival

Been to many, many UK festivals, Sziget, NOS Alive, INMusic & Gurten but never BBK so am asking virgin questions i know:)

Where does the bus from Bilbao to the festival site leave from, are they regular and how about busses back in to town?

Can you get taxi's from the festival site if busses are unavailable?

How long does it take to walk to central Bilbao (e.g.the stadium) if all transport fails?

Cheers,

Jason & Jules

On 2/11/2017 at 5:10 PM, jjason said:

Hello people,

We are older than your average festival attendee as we are in out late 40's so can't face camping for this festival

Been to many, many UK festivals, Sziget, NOS Alive, INMusic & Gurten but never BBK so am asking virgin questions i know:)

Where does the bus from Bilbao to the festival site leave from, are they regular and how about busses back in to town?

Can you get taxi's from the festival site if busses are unavailable?

How long does it take to walk to central Bilbao (e.g.the stadium) if all transport fails?

Cheers,

Jason & Jules

Buses leave from a street close to the stadium and the main bus station. They work 24h during the festival in both directions.

You can get a Taxi, yes, it does not get you to the festival entrance though (5 minutes away).

In case you want to walk all the way down it's a 20-30 minutes walk.

On 05/11/2017 at 11:41 AM, Trk said:

Buses leave from a street close to the stadium and the main bus station. They work 24h during the festival in both directions.

You can get a Taxi, yes, it does not get you to the festival entrance though (5 minutes away).

In case you want to walk all the way down it's a 20-30 minutes walk.

Thanks Trk, really helpful of you.

We are in North Spain for a week so plan on doing a bit of hiking & sightseeing (as long as there are not any Basque separatist issues) and looking forward to the holiday already.

Bloody expensive hotels in Bilbao by-the-way but i guess that's supply and demand (and the weak pound) for you.

Edited by jjason
Spelt "Weak" wrong

Going to be interesting to see who they get for the third headliner for this, strongly considering taking my first trip to Bilbao next year, hotel (free cancellation) is already booked :D

Seems like QOTSA are at Mad Cool along with obviously two others, Beni have four to announce as well as Primavera and Download Madrid (I'm probably missing one). If it weren't for them being there this year I'd think Royal Blood, there's certainly a gap for a 'heavier' band at the top of the poster, but I'm struggling to think who. 

• Upvote 1

BIg fan of QOTSA and would prob go to Mad Cool cause of this. On the other hand I’ve BBK tickets bought. And going to BBK means I won’t see Pearl Jam. Not my band.

id be comfortable letting them get used to the new location and check Mad Cool out next year once they’ve worked through the kinks.

But yeah as to a rock band with the remaining budget? I’ll take a guess at yeah yeah yeahs. They’re a bit left field like Bilbao seems to aim for.

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

1 hour ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

BIg fan of QOTSA and would prob go to Mad Cool cause of this. On the other hand I’ve BBK tickets bought. And going to BBK means I won’t see Pearl Jam. Not my band.

id be comfortable letting them get used to the new location and check Mad Cool out next year once they’ve worked through the kinks.

But yeah as to a rock band with the remaining budget? I’ll take a guess at yeah yeah yeahs. They’re a bit left field like Bilbao seems to aim for.

Have you been to Bilbao before? If so I take it you'd recommend it seeing as you have tickets? :lol:

I think it will be Mad Cool or Bilbao for me, possibly Nos Alive. Just want a 'nice' festival as it'll be the one I go to with the girlfriend, after Rock Werchter the week before with my mates. The line up is obviously a factor but we went to Lollapalooza Berlin this year and I just want a festival where there's not 1-2 hour queues to get onto trains after the festival, or you spend half the day at the bar or getting food. So Mad Cool moving to a new location like you say does put me off slightly as there's always some teething problems. 

9 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Going to be interesting to see who they get for the third headliner for this, strongly considering taking my first trip to Bilbao next year, hotel (free cancellation) is already booked :D

Seems like QOTSA are at Mad Cool along with obviously two others, Beni have four to announce as well as Primavera and Download Madrid (I'm probably missing one). If it weren't for them being there this year I'd think Royal Blood, there's certainly a gap for a 'heavier' band at the top of the poster, but I'm struggling to think who. 

Kasabian should still be around this summer.

• Upvote 1

Well, honestly Kasabian are not that big deal in Spain as they are in UK. They wouldn't sell a huge amount of tickets and they definitely need that with Mad Cool happening in the same weekend. 

With two headliners (Gorillaz and The xx) being far from the rock music I would guess that the last one should be big enough and close to that rock or alternative rock scene. Which ones are posible now?

The Strokes? Looks like Julian is busy with The Voidz's new stuff.

Florence? She is definitely not rock or even close and I really doubt about her fame in Spain and the tickets that she might sell.

Arctic Monkeys? They're perfect for that third headliner spot but too expensive I'm afraid.

And names like The National or Beck are not big enough for the remaining headliner spot.

Edited by YunT
  • Upvote 1