Bilbao BBK Live 2018

DDave

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Gorillaz, The XX, Liam Gallagher and Franz Ferdinand are heavily rumoured for this. Got it off a Spanish website so not sure how concrete the rumours are but seems pretty plausible to me.

Forget about Franz Ferdinanz, they are playing this weekend in Bilbao (BIME Live, BBK's "little brother")

Considering this following today's announcement, two headliners I'd like to see next Summer, but with Rock Werchter likely on the cards I may wait for a few more festivals to start announcing.

Did anyone follow Bilbao's schedule of announcing last year, should we be expecting another one soon or for it to go quiet until near the new year now?

1 hour ago, alexlloyd said:

Considering this following today's announcement, two headliners I'd like to see next Summer, but with Rock Werchter likely on the cards I may wait for a few more festivals to start announcing.

Did anyone follow Bilbao's schedule of announcing last year, should we be expecting another one soon or for it to go quiet until near the new year now?

Depeche Mode were announced 11th October, Die Antwoord, Phoenix and a few others were named on the 17th November and  Killers were announced 15th December

Have always fancied BBK and if it were a secondary Euro festival then I'd probably go next year but I'm only doing the one and it'll probably be somewhere else.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Strong first announcement but lots of Spanish fans via social media calling for a much heavier announcement next with QOTSA repeatedly mentioned.

Last year whilst living in Spain I vaguely remember it being just the Depeche Mode announcement for a long while then a lot seemed to come at once.

Certainly keeping my eyes fixed on future announcements as it's a wonderful fest.

Well honestly I found it a pretty strong announcement. Gorillaz is a huge act and The xx are pretty well known worldwide so I guess they're ready to headline this kind of major festivals. 

As far as I'm concerned spanish fans always demand more and more Big names so I wouldn't take that seriously.

We just got to remember that the actual price of the fest is 71£ so we just can't expect another huge name alongside Gorillaz like Pearl Jam or Arctic Monkeys. I guess something like The National, QOTSA or maybe Lana del Rey seems more likely for that third headliner spot. 

It is a strong start, 

Def not my taste, 

Gorrilaz setlists are quite random, with alot of non singles being played. In fact hits are a rarity. Though they will always finish with one or two hits in a row. With the Humanz deluxe release you have an awful lot of filler with very few actual good songs. Though this is only my perspective. 

The XX are a boring headliner having seen them twice now in a year. Hopefully time no3 will be good though it's annoying that there is nothing else to watch while the main headliner is on stage unless you're into some obscure dance music. 

Nothing is scheduled for the other stage during the main headliner performance. 

I agree with @YunT about there being no expensive headliner left. I'd would love Queens of the Stone age and feel it would balance out the chilled out dance/synth pop vibes of the XX and Gorrilaz. 

Bruno Mars, Noel Gallagher, Franz Ferdinand and Arctics for FIB Beni.

Pearl Jam, The Killers and The National for Mad Cool.

I think we'll see Liam Gallagher and perhaps Robert Plant added for Bilbao BBK. 

I just want the Queens man!

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

4 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Depeche Mode were announced 11th October, Die Antwoord, Phoenix and a few others were named on the 17th November and  Killers were announced 15th December

Have always fancied BBK and if it were a secondary Euro festival then I'd probably go next year but I'm only doing the one and it'll probably be somewhere else.

That's good then, hopefully won't be waiting too long I'm happy with the headliners regardless of the third now so the undercard will be interesting.

I'm in a similar boat deciding where to go, there's Rock Werchter, TRNSMT and supposedly Mad Cool all on the same weekend, with this, Latitude and Nos Alive the weekend after! Hopefully I can wait for each to make a couple of announcements before things sell out. 

8 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

That's good then, hopefully won't be waiting too long I'm happy with the headliners regardless of the third now so the undercard will be interesting.

I'm in a similar boat deciding where to go, there's Rock Werchter, TRNSMT and supposedly Mad Cool all on the same weekend, with this, Latitude and Nos Alive the weekend after! Hopefully I can wait for each to make a couple of announcements before things sell out. 

It'll be more than likely be Pukkelpop again for me as I love it and it's a good time to go but the down side is that its usually one of the last festivals to announce and the earlier festivals have pretty much completed by the time they've got the first names out. Might well try somewhere else if the line up and cost is up to scratch.

10 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

It'll be more than likely be Pukkelpop again for me as I love it and it's a good time to go but the down side is that its usually one of the last festivals to announce and the earlier festivals have pretty much completed by the time they've got the first names out. Might well try somewhere else if the line up and cost is up to scratch.

Yeah that's the problem with the august ones, but I may keep an eye on the Pukkelpop one too as well as Lowlands, I'm sure I can squeeze a later one in :D

8 minutes ago, YunT said:

Mad Cool is going to be in the same weekend as BBK Live and NOS. All of them will take place through 12th to 14th of July.

Ahh thanks, just checked the website I'm sure the dates werent there last week... which may mean an announcements coming!

I think in which case I'll 100% be doing one of those three, think the headliners will dictate which. If I go RW with my mates and miss Arctics at TRNSMT then where they are may dictate which of those I go to with the girlfriend! I'd guess Beni will get them for Spain though so that might put NOS in the front running. Id agree there's a 'heavier' guitar band missing from BBK headliners though, The Xx, Gorillaz and QOTSA would be a fantastic mix. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, eFestivals said:

they sell their tickets via stubhub.

Anyone getting into bed with the touts is the same scumbag.

Don't a few of the big ticket agencies use these dodgy sites? For example ticketmaster and stubhub. It's a shame that these sites don't do it as face value like thickets.

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

Don't a few of the big ticket agencies use these dodgy sites? For example ticketmaster and stubhub. It's a shame that these sites don't do it as face value like thickets.

ticketmaster own GetMeIn. Stubhub is owned by eBay.

A tout is a tout is a tout. They're all scumbags who will cause tickets to be more expensive in future if they're encouraged.

ticketmaster own GetMeIn. Stubhub is owned by eBay.

A tout is a tout is a tout. They're all scumbags who will cause tickets to be more expensive in future if they're encouraged.

Totally agree, generally there doesn't seem the anger towards these sites anymore. 

Just now, thetime said:

Totally agree, generally there doesn't seem the anger towards these sites anymore. 

because people are muppets.

eFestivals will continue with the same policy of the last 18 years, of having nothing to do with touts or festivals who sell their tickets via touts (there's one in the UK which does it, too - w*nkers).

Edited by eFestivals

because people are muppets.

eFestivals will continue with the same policy of the last 18 years, of having nothing to do with touts or festivals who sell their tickets via touts (there's one in the UK which does it, too - w*nkers).

Which uk fest?