Community Festival 2018

Mattymooz

They just confirmed that they will be back next year on Twitter. If its the same weekend as last year then it should be on the 30th of June.

Who do we think will be playing? I kinda had Liam down to headline but now they are doing his own gig the day before. Maybe someone like Twenty One Pilots (though they are supposedly in the UK later in the year). Would prefer literally anyone else but I can't think of that many people around that could do it...

2 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

Where have you heard Twenty One Pilots are back later in the year? My girlfriend would love to seem them...

Rumours are that they are doing the Sziget > Pukkelpop > R+L run but I have no clue if they are true or not. Would kind of make sense that they'd have an album out next year, and I guess them doing that would make sense if it comes out before the end of September.

@Matty sorry, would quote you but cannot quote on this device. They've just finished a very long and intense tour, albeit quite a few gaps towards the end. With their current growth off the back of the last album, it would make sense they try and release something ASAP. If they did do that run, the only reason they'd be over in the UK would be with a UK tour/releasing the album and having a few shows to promote that, at the time of the year for Community Festival.

On 27/10/2017 at 3:18 PM, Stuielooie said:

@Matty sorry, would quote you but cannot quote on this device. They've just finished a very long and intense tour, albeit quite a few gaps towards the end. With their current growth off the back of the last album, it would make sense they try and release something ASAP. If they did do that run, the only reason they'd be over in the UK would be with a UK tour/releasing the album and having a few shows to promote that, at the time of the year for Community Festival.

On 27/10/2017 at 2:24 PM, Mattymooz said:

Rumours are that they are doing the Sziget > Pukkelpop > R+L run but I have no clue if they are true or not. Would kind of make sense that they'd have an album out next year, and I guess them doing that would make sense if it comes out before the end of September.

they were a possible answer to a hint frequency festival gave as their headliners with chain smokers for the other.  

49 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Leaves the Saturday free for another gig- QOTSA? 

Maybe. I'd imagine it's to change over all the signage though from the As You Were Stuff to the Community Branded merch/staging etc.

Other interesting things on the website:

Curfew is 10pm? That seems earlier than last year IIRC but it is a sunday this year so makes sense

Hold your horses! The line up for the festival has not been announced yet. Check out social media platforms for updates on announcement dates and more. It’s going to be soon…

This seems especially weird if they were going to announce it late January/early feb like last year. Maybe we'll get it sooner than that?

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, SCG95 said:

Gunna' take a punt on 1975 headlining... 3rd album on the way for 2018!

Think they'd be too big at this point. I think they may be trying to upsize (given the scale of the Gallagher event on the Friday) btu the biggest band I could see doing it atm is Royal Blood

4 minutes ago, NickisGinger said:

I thought I read somewhere that they weren’t going to start touring until October next year?

IMO if I had to guess, we won't here anything until a secret set at R+L which they use as a comeback show (and as a preface to headlining R+L in 2019). Would also make sense as then they can hype stuff up for a mini promo tour in October with the album out late october/early november

It's so heavily marketed as an indie festival that I don't think they'd want 21 Pilots, and they claim to give the best in new music, which Noel and Queens aren't. Looking at this years lineup, I don't think Wolf Alive or CHVRCHES are shit enough (but I wouldn't be surprised). So my money's on Bastille. 

Edited by Steve1000

21 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

It's so heavily marketed as an indie festival that I don't think they'd want 21 Pilots, and they claim to give the best in new music, which Noel and Queens aren't. Looking at this years lineup, I don't think Wolf Alive or CHVRCHES are shit enough (but I wouldn't be surprised). So my money's on Bastille. 

I don't think you can classify Bastille as new anymore tbh. It strikes me as something FR are using to test out bands festi headlining abilities so in that sense I think Wolf Alice make perfect sense for next year.