Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

On 26 November 2017 at 3:21 PM, FailUsername said:

Hi all,

This is my 1st post on this site. Was wondering if anybody is going to this solo or are looking for a group to join/travel with? I really would like to go to this festival next year but everyone I ask keeps whinging about the ticket price. I'd rather be there with people who "get it" and think that the experience is well worth what you pay but I am not so keen on going to the event solo. If anybody is in a similar boat to me and was interested in forming a group I will definately look at getting a ticket asap. Cheers all!

Hello

Have a look at this thread.  Jack won tickets btw. I tried to just link to the thread but I couldn't. Anyway you can click through and read the beginning.

An incredible group of people they are! There will be a fair few at Boomtown.  You would be welcome to join us if you end up going solo.

11 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Could the Chemical Brothers play Boomtown? Admittedly doesn't really fit previous years headliners, playing in live in Cornwall that weekend so touring the live show around that time...

Leftfield played the other year, so Chems seems plausible to me

23 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

any clues?

Nope as don't want to jeopardise my chances of information going forward. I'm not even sure the act I've been told is the name being released tomorrow so don't really want to scupper any surprises for people.

Plus I don't want to feed duff information, unless i'm sure it's definitely happening!

Edited by mr flow

That's huge. Massive step up in terms of name value, but having seen them twice on this tour they'll go down an absolute riot, so much energy. Imagine a deal has been done so their special guests play slots over the weekend so I imagine we could well see the likes of De La Soul, Popcaan etc elsewhere.

Do wonder with an act of that size who they can put on elsewhere to draw people away from Lions Den. It's gonna be heaving! 

Proper excited for this, thought they were a pipedream for Boomtown and were hoping they were the missing APE headliner. Tickets will be flying out now no doubt! 

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

How does that compare with ticket sales in a typical early December, Neil? Is the ‘fallow factor’ showing itself?

Ben

They usually don't sell out before June. I can't see many tickets being left after the line up announcement in Feb this time round.