Boomtown 2018

eFestivals

I'm wondering if someone can clear something up for me about the increase in ticket prices ?

Back in October I had an email from boomtown about ticket prices for CH10, it said that coach traveller tickets (although not the most popular ticket, it's our preferred choice once Tier 1 is sold out) would be £25 cheaper than Tier 3.

Email advertises Tier 3: £216 (plus booking fee etc) so I budgeted for £191 for coach.

Ended up buying our ticket in Feb but was charged £216 for them ?

I've seen people talking here about ticket price increase, but surely it's not fair that I've paid tier 3 price when it was advertised at £25 cheaper ? I accept the increase in ticket prices from last year, that's normal, but it's a bit sneaky to bump the ticket prices after already going on sale , no? Or have I not got things right !

(Last boomtown was our first and amazing- can't wait to be going again) 

Edited by scanchx

18 hours ago, scanchx said:

I'm wondering if someone can clear something up for me about the increase in ticket prices ?

Back in October I had an email from boomtown about ticket prices for CH10, it said that coach traveller tickets (although not the most popular ticket, it's our preferred choice once Tier 1 is sold out) would be £25 cheaper than Tier 3.

Email advertises Tier 3: £216 (plus booking fee etc) so I budgeted for £191 for coach.

Ended up buying our ticket in Feb but was charged £216 for them ?

I've seen people talking here about ticket price increase, but surely it's not fair that I've paid tier 3 price when it was advertised at £25 cheaper ? I accept the increase in ticket prices from last year, that's normal, but it's a bit sneaky to bump the ticket prices after already going on sale , no? Or have I not got things right !

(Last boomtown was our first and amazing- can't wait to be going again) 

You're right they did keep going up. 

Coach traveller was always cheaper though as both prices were hiked at the same time.

"Full Price Ticket" was added later on which cost £236. Essentially it was a tier 4 ticket. At the same time coach traveller was bumped up to £216 and renamed "tier 2 coach traveller". 

It is very cheeky though for sure to change the price structure after sales have already started. But I guess it's ultimately their decision what price to sell tickets at. 

I had some time this weekend, so I looked at the line up in more detail and saw that Someone called Elvana were playing . I got on you tube. They are so amazing... Elivis singing Nirvana , it's a match made in heaven so much so that I bough tickets for the wife and I for the Manchester gig

so excited  

18 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Can't say I have heard of much of the line up - Metropolis I had and I am playing at a psytrance event (I'm playing techno) in April with a few playing with Tribe of Frog.

To be honest - it's a refreshing changing knowing nothing about it and getting ready to explore

I always only have around 4 or 5 acts on my to see list, and spend the rest of the time wandering and exploring all the hidden gems. It's what makes Boomtown really special, as it's so much more than the stages and acts that are performing. The less pulls you have away from the madness of the micro venues and side streets, the better!

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, mr flow said:

I always only have around 4 or 5 acts on my to see list, and spend the rest of the time wandering and exploring all the hidden gems. It's what makes Boomtown really special, as it's so much more than the stages and acts that are performing. The less pulls you have away from the madness of the micro venues and side streets, the better!

That is my plan - mooch around - see what occurs.

On 3/14/2018 at 4:26 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

That is my plan - mooch around - see what occurs.

That's my plan too, with the added extra of seeing if I can get back to my campervan at night. I've been to a fair few festivals and always got back to camp at the end of the night - except for one night at Bestival (when it was on the Isle of Wight) when I ended up sleeping in someone else's collapsed tent. As this will be my first time at BoomTown, this could be a new challenge for me. I guess there's only one campervan field, so that may help.

When I knew I was going to my first BT, I had a little explore for info on the web and came across an amazing pdf 'brochure' for (I think) 2017. It was really well laid out with all of the stage times for all venues, including street venues etc.

Is that a regular 'thing' and does it get published before we get to the festival, or is it a pdf version of the official 'programme' and only available once you're through the sacred gates...?

Ben

PS - I'll see if I can find it again...

Edit - I can't! :(

Edited by bennyhana22

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

When do we get stage times etc?

Tbh, it wont make much of a difference cos I dont know much of the line up. I want to see Limp Bizkit, Eeats Everything vs Josh Wink, Jaimie Duggan & Jimmy Cliff - otherwise it's all about exploring for me.

Do you have to pay for a programme? Or do you get a free timetable? 

There isn't much I have as a definite to see - Die Antwoord, Limp Bizkit, Idles, Enter Shikari - possibly Gorillaz and OMG! It's The Church. Everything else is going to be a discovery.

28 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

unless things have changed it's pay-for. The free option is the blackboards at the info tent.

Do you know if a downloadable map is put on to the website before the event, or are you limited to having to get a program in order to get a map of the place? I'm not sure that I'll actually need a program otherwise, because such is my knowledge of music, that the vast majority of different acts names will just be words to me, and actually mean nothing.