Liam Gallagher finsbury park

zahidf

• 3 months later...
47 minutes ago, Diamond24 said:

The other dates being supported by Richard Ashcroft was originally let slip by Louis Berry I believe. So maybe they are just the dates that Louis Berry is playing and he shouldn't have announced them. Still expect it to be Richard Ashcroft at Finsbury Park.

Ahh was it.  Hasn’t actually been officially announced yet either has it? (May have missed it).  

Hopefully hear something soon anyway

8 minutes ago, sisco said:

Ahh was it.  Hasn’t actually been officially announced yet either has it? (May have missed it).  

Hopefully hear something soon anyway

I don't think it has been announced officially. Not on liam's Twitter or anything like that. Louis Berry's Twitter and Facebook is definitely where I first saw it so I think it was a cock up from him.

2 minutes ago, Diamond24 said:

I don't think it has been announced officially. Not on liam's Twitter or anything like that. Louis Berry's Twitter and Facebook is definitely where I first saw it so I think it was a cock up from him.

Apparently Radio X are announcing something for Liam on Monday morning at 8am.  (Well so the reading forum seem to think)

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I can understand it for Ireland as his show sit's sold out yet but if it was the same I'd have thought we would know. London is sold so it doesn't need to be anyone major at all.

But he’s talked the support up. So I would be surprised if it’s not half decent

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

fair, enjoy. I don't mind Wolf Alice but not a go out my way band. 

This year Y Not Fest stands out to me.

Saw them at Ally Pally earlier this year.  Very good.  

Have listened to a few of the acts now, actually a few not too bad at all.  Should a good day

• 3 weeks later...

29 Years ago was the first year the WBC won the beer contract at Finsbury Park and I was working with them at it and No I cant recall which month it was in 1989 - it may have been May day but I could be wrong - there is only a small handful of us left who was at the first event and who is still with the WBC - The WBC will be running the bars for the whole weekend and I will be there somewhere although we plan to hold a party on one of the nights.

I think the last time I saw Oasis at Finsbury Park was in 2002 but just after that I had a run in with Liam at some event when he demanded four draft pints ' while we were still setting up '

I explained that the bar had no power so its impossible to pour pints and advised him to either have a bottle of beer or wait until the bar officially opened as by then we would have power - he stormed off shouting he would get me sacked - Later on Noel Gallagher came in to apologise for his brother which I thought was very good of him but I have not seen Liam since that day - clearly he struck me off his Christmas card list.

Edited by glasto-worker
  • Upvote 3

On 29/03/2018 at 4:14 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Pfft, doesn't handle a cold to the next day...

Saw LG at Glastonbury and honestly didn't understand the hype at all, I regret not seeing someone else

I'd have stayed around not going to lie if it wasn't a Katy Perry clash....which I actually thought she did better than I was expecting. I heard the 1st two songs. I really would not be surprised if he gets asked back to sub the Pyramid year after next though, can't see next year as the album will be done.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I'd have stayed around not going to lie if it wasn't a Katy Perry clash....which I actually thought she did better than I was expecting. I heard the 1st two songs. I really would not be surprised if he gets asked back to sub the Pyramid year after next though, can't see next year as the album will be done.

He’s just started on the new album so guessing there’ll be a few new songs floating about.  Like you though I wouldn’t be surprised to see him sub next year

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Defo.  And Oasis will be back at some point, far too much money in it for them not too.  

If he's got another album then next year subbing rather than 20 wouldn't be a major surprise. Read if trying to get him back as well to top it or as least co-headline isn't beyond the realms but he'd be silly to not sub Glasto if offered it really as they've asked him twice is close succession now. I don't think he's quite get given a headline slot as I'm not sure his own stuff holdsthe weight.

• Downvote 1