All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

Looking at getting a megabus back to Manchester on the Monday morning at about 1am.

Will we be ok getting public transport from VIctoria park to Victoria coach station for 1am after it finishes on a bank holiday Sunday at those times or is it a no-go?

Victoria park and coach station are about an hour away from each other despite my hopes of them being right next to each other because of the names.

Edited by ConorC

14 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Looking at getting a megabus back to Manchester on the Monday morning at about 1am.

Will we be ok getting public transport from VIctoria park to Victoria coach station for 1am after it finishes on a bank holiday Sunday at those times or is it a no-go?

Victoria park and coach station are about an hour away from each other despite my hopes of them being right next to each other because of the names.

Nah Victoria is in the centre of town while Victoria Park is east.

However nightbuses will be running and I think the central line still runs at night on a bank holiday. So you should be fine. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ConorC said:

There'll be night buses from Mile End station I'd imagine. IIRC you can get to Oxford Circus, there might be a connection from there.

Would bet the Tube will be off; but the last tube is usually just after midnight so would be likely to make that.

Edited by Dom Wall
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Nightbuses and tubes still run on a bank holiday. The only issue is that there are often engineering works scheduled over bank holidays but that will only affect tubes. Buses will still be fine. Best thing is to check the TFL website a week before and make a plan. 

Cool, cheers!

Everyone’s unnecessarily complicating this a bit. The event will finish at 11 at the latest and the tube runs til just after midnight. Whether the night tube is running or not doesn’t matter because unless getting out is insanely busy you’ll easy make the regular tube. Also the District Line goes straight from Mile End to Victoria.

5 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Everyone’s unnecessarily complicating this a bit. The event will finish at 11 at the latest and the tube runs til just after midnight. Whether the night tube is running or not doesn’t matter because unless getting out is insanely busy you’ll easy make the regular tube. Also the District Line goes straight from Mile End to Victoria.

^This comment. There is zero problem here, as it's such an early finish. I think the license is only until 10.30pm.

On 19/03/2018 at 3:54 PM, kingcrawler said:

Strange that they still haven't announced more acts for the Nick Cave day. Must be selling pretty well.

Some new ones announced in today's Metro. Decent albeit not as strong as the previous day, but as you say they might not need to splash out on that.

nickcavemetro.png.a383e56752912cc4f9ec4c33daaedb60.png

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Some new ones announced in today's Metro. Decent albeit not as strong as the previous day, but as you say they might not need to splash out on that.

Chuffed to get Bo Ningen and Nadine Shah as both are great so my ticket just paid for itself a bit more. How many stages are there for the "gig" days? Same as the festival ones?

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Chuffed to get Bo Ningen and Nadine Shah as both are great so my ticket just paid for itself a bit more. How many stages are there for the "gig" days? Same as the festival ones?

Says '3 stages' and the bottom in small writing :) Probably 18 odd acts in total I'd guess

15 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Crikey, that's clash city for me. Don't know much about Black Lips and only heard Miami by Baxter Dury, but can heartily recommend the rest