finn_with_1_n

All Points East Festival 2018

41 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Is it likely that Jack White will headline here then after all? It is quite a tight squeeze playing in NY (what looks like Saturday night) and then headlining in London the next day

Nah he's out I think. 

I imagine the sixth day just wont be a thing this year. Either that or it'll be something they can easily put together at the last minute- along the lines of someone like New Order. 

Away from the final Presents gig; was just thinking they haven't added any undercard acts to the festival weekend since the first announcement, which was a while ago now. Wonder if we'll get that soon.

About to book for the Bjork day but had a thought...Is Beck definitely on before Bjork and not headlining a second stage and then clashing?  Do the headliners at these one-day London fests (BST ect)  tend to be the only act on at that time, with second stage just for more choice during the day time?

1 hour ago, funky squaredance said:

About to book for the Bjork day but had a thought...Is Beck definitely on before Bjork and not headlining a second stage and then clashing?  Do the headliners at these one-day London fests (BST ect)  tend to be the only act on at that time, with second stage just for more choice during the day time?

It's difficult to say as its obviously the first event but I do think it'll be more like Field Day, where they have someone clashing, than BST, where they don't. Definitely won't be Beck though. 

(Obviously for the Presents gigs the following weekend there won't be headline clashes) 

Just now, ConorC said:

How many tickets are they selling for this?

Any ideas of what my chances would be of getting one, say end of March/start of April?

I think you'd be fine, I can't really see any of the dates selling out really. Maybe Bjork? But then again she now has another date at the Eden Project thing. LCD didn't sell out at Lovebox and that was fresh out of their comeback.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Unknown Mortal Orchestra are in the country this weekend, would make a good booking one of the days 

Saw them in Brighton a couple years back and consider it to be one of my favourite gigs. Would love them to materialise on the line-up. As they're free on Friday and Saturday of the first weekend while they're on these shores, I think Friday would be the most logical one for them. Although they are "pop"-y enough to work very well on either days.