All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I see Massive Attack have been announced for Mad Cool, they're another decent shout for the Friday

When I saw they were announcing an act from Bristol I was gonna say if it's Massive Attack or Portishead they must be a shout for this. People seemed to be expecting Idles though so I didn't bother.

Massive Attack for APE and Gorillaz for Latitude I can see. Or maybe the other way around idk.

Does anyone know when Field Day was on if there were discounted prices for those in the local area to keep them happy/stop noise complaints? I've no intention of making a complaint or anything and will more than likely still buy a full price ticket; just thought it was worth an ask as I live a mile from Victoria Park and know some festivals have done similar!

23 hours ago, Johnkhutch said:

Does anyone know when Field Day was on if there were discounted prices for those in the local area to keep them happy/stop noise complaints? I've no intention of making a complaint or anything and will more than likely still buy a full price ticket; just thought it was worth an ask as I live a mile from Victoria Park and know some festivals have done similar!

Yep they do some free locals tickets through a ballot. This year it was for Field Day, Lovebox and Citadel. Not sure on how local you have to be, I imagine you'll get something through the post if they do it again.

33 minutes ago, evilduck said:

Yep they do some free locals tickets through a ballot. This year it was for Field Day, Lovebox and Citadel. Not sure on how local you have to be, I imagine you'll get something through the post if they do it again.

Excellent, will keep my eyes peeled on the letterbox; cheers!

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Probably too soon after their arena dates but given Goldenvoice are promoting that tour, I wonder if Arcade Fire are a possibility for this too?

Probably be latter festivals, surely? I'd have thought they're in the frame for Reading and Leeds now 

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah gotta be later fests. Hopefully R+L but realistically that means sacrificing Kendrick. :(

I'd have thought Kendrick is far more popular than Arcade Fire at the moment, especially to the modern R+L-goers. Also I couldn't think of any other festival Kendrick would appear at (except maybe IoW) as he is probably too big to do Wireless

5 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

If V festival are hoping to re-brand and get some credibility back this summer he seems like basically the ideal candidate for that. He's the name i'd be gunning for, anyway. 

Yep I was just gonna reply with this. Although Finn is definitely right that Kendrick is more popular with R+L goers so maybe not best move for R+L but better for FR on the whole.