All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

3 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Is Despacio Soundsystem being at APE all 3 day’s news? Can’t recall seeing it before today? Well, it is. 

Yeah they only announced it today. It seems as though this is the mystery stage they were alluding to previously. Great addition

https://www.allpointseastfestival.com/stages/despacio

On the map it shows that the Despacio stage is a fit-for-purpose venue just for Despacio which will be great, can imagine it being pretty popular on the LCD Soundsystem day. Also a UK festival exclusive

I bought the Sunday ticket as I am in London for the Breeders on the 30th and that looks like a fantastic lineup, Nadine Shah is on there too which I am a fan of. I noticed the Terms and cond are quite strict and I am now worried that it might not be as enjoyable. Has anyone been to this festival before? Do people get searched and is the security very hostile?

Edited by LM85

1 hour ago, LM85 said:

I bought the Sunday ticket as I am in London for the Breeders on the 30th and that looks like a fantastic lineup, Nadine Shah is on there too which I am a fan of. I noticed the Terms and cond are quite strict and I am now worried that it might not be as enjoyable. Has anyone been to this festival before? Do people get searched and is the security very hostile?

It’s a brand new festival so it’s not a question you can answer.

Delighted about despacio. Though I’m guessing it might be small with a long queue and a struggle to get one of our group to go in. Hopefully it’ll start early and go on for hours so people will drift in and out...

8 hours ago, LM85 said:

What’s strict about them? 

I expect it to be similar to BST as the same people run it. Expect bag and body searches but they are normally efficient and move people through quickly.

Mind you when LCD did Lovebox a couple of years ago there was a thorough bag search and body search and dogs to boot, which were unavoidable.

9 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It's a new festival so no one has been before. Pretty standard to get searched at all London day festivals now though.

Thanks, that's what i thought. How boring is that, i understand the importance of metal detectors but physically search someone just because is entering a festival is a bit much. I don't normally go to London festivals and I am regretting this a bit. I should have thought about it before. 

17 hours ago, xxialac said:

It’s a brand new festival so it’s not a question you can answer.

I don't agree. 

10 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

What’s strict about them? 

Body search and threatening people to  confiscate food or drinks, let alone dogs. That's a family fun fare. 

57 minutes ago, LM85 said:

I don't agree. 

Body search and threatening people to  confiscate food or drinks, let alone dogs. That's a family fun fare. 

It's unlikely they'll do a body search on you but they have to stipulate that it's within their rights in case it is necessary. There have been incidents at London festivals where punters have been attacked by weapons that will have been concealed on their body so it's better safe than sorry.

With regards to confiscation; you're generally not allowed to take food and drink into music festivals, venues, cinemas... anywhere where they want to sell you food and drink basically. If you don't take them, they don't get confiscated. Same with dogs - don't take your dog and they won't be confiscated.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It's unlikely they'll do a body search on you but they have to stipulate that it's within their rights in case it is necessary. There have been incidents at London festivals where punters have been attacked by weapons that will have been concealed on their body so it's better safe than sorry.

With regards to confiscation; you're generally not allowed to take food and drink into music festivals, venues, cinemas... anywhere where they want to sell you food and drink basically. If you don't take them, they don't get confiscated. Same with dogs - don't take your dog and they won't be confiscated.

I meant police dogs, i dont expect pets to be allowed in. Metal detectors are made to search for weapons and security shouldn't have the right to touch you or make assumptions on you if youre just a regular person going to a festival and not causing any disturbance. 

If youre not allowed to take food or drinks it is fair that they stop you from doing it but to confiscate your possessions is unacceptable. If i bought a can of lager is because i want to drink it.

Edited by LM85
  • Downvote 5

5 hours ago, LM85 said:

I meant police dogs, i dont expect pets to be allowed in. Metal detectors are made to search for weapons and security shouldn't have the right to touch you or make assumptions on you if youre just a regular person going to a festival and not causing any disturbance. 

If youre not allowed to take food or drinks it is fair that they stop you from doing it but to confiscate your possessions is unacceptable. If i bought a can of lager is because i want to drink it.

Surely the fact they search everyone means they aren't making any assumptions about you or singling you out? I personally don't mind security being there given what's happened recently and have nothing ever felt invasive, nothing more than what you'd get going through airport security. 

At the end of the day they're looking for weapons and drugs more than Jam sandwiches and a can of Stella, which I'd say is fair enough and the same at whatever festival/event you go to. If you're worried about your food/drink being confiscated I'm sure you'll be given the option to enter without it or consume it and come back later. If you're worried about the police dogs finding something else... then that's just the risk you have to take I suppose and is nothing new.

So looks like I'm going to this after all, for LCD Soundsystem on the Friday, really looking forward to it, the stages look incredible! 

£60 doesn't seem too much but the fact it's still not sold out makes me think we might be able to get cheaper tickets closer to the time, is anyone else doing the same and looking anywhere other than Twickets?

10 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

So looks like I'm going to this after all, for LCD Soundsystem on the Friday, really looking forward to it, the stages look incredible! 

£60 doesn't seem too much but the fact it's still not sold out makes me think we might be able to get cheaper tickets closer to the time, is anyone else doing the same and looking anywhere other than Twickets?

I'm waiting for a cheapie, might do this for arcade fire if the tickets get even lower about £50 each but theres so many tickets on resale at the moment. I am hoping for £30 or less for the LCD day 

15 hours ago, LM85 said:

Well I hope you change your mind and don't come. You sound a right nightmare making a big deal out of nothing. You talk about them threatening people. This is a brand new festival and you have no basis for saying that - it's absolute nonsense.

They won't confiscate your lager. You'll be able to eat or drink whatever you have prior to entry and if you decide if any other antisocial/dangerous item is so precious to you, you always have the option of keeping hold of it and not going in. In both scenarios, no confiscation.

Their focus is on drugs and rightly too.  They'd lose their license if people were taking drugs in and they weren't checking properly. 

4 hours ago, gfa said:

I'm waiting for a cheapie, might do this for arcade fire if the tickets get even lower about £50 each but theres so many tickets on resale at the moment. I am hoping for £30 or less for the LCD day 

Yeah I was keeping my eye out for Arcade Fire tickets, saw two for Birmingham at £40 on Twickets but think they're gone now. I'll hold off for a while then, can't see it selling out now if it's been on sale since last year.

2 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Yeah I was keeping my eye out for Arcade Fire tickets, saw two for Birmingham at £40 on Twickets but think they're gone now. I'll hold off for a while then, can't see it selling out now if it's been on sale since last year.

But a ticket, one of the greatest live shows ever. I went to see them in Dublin. Would see them again if I could.

3 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

But a ticket, one of the greatest live shows ever. I went to see them in Dublin. Would see them again if I could.

Yeah I caught them at rock Werchter and they were incredible, even considering it was just starting getting dark as they finished. This 'in the round' tour sounds like it'd be a great show as well! 

2 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Yeah I caught them at rock Werchter and they were incredible, even considering it was just starting getting dark as they finished. This 'in the round' tour sounds like it'd be a great show as well! 

after seeing it I think all gigs should be 'in the round' now. 

Just makes the gig so much more viewable for everyone and they also have to align the soundsystem so it's great 360degrees.  

• Like 1

On 4/7/2018 at 7:11 PM, LM85 said:

I really don't know what world you're living in where you think security shouldn't have the right to search you. Have you been through an airport recently?

Being searched, going through metal detectors and search dogs are an everyday part of life and not just in the festival world. Festivals are high density, high profile events and the security are there to stop weapons, terrorist threats and drug use (which would jeopardise the licence). If you're not willing to be searched then don't come