All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Well I did say the first one was a long shot but the reason I'm concerned about the second one: "There is no re-admission to concerts after entry"

is because there's already something else on the page which says: "There is no re-admission to the event after entry. Please plan ahead, once you’re in, you’re in!"

So wondering if perhaps there'll even be queues and barriers etc for the individual stages, or something like that.

I thought the comment above was incredibly harsh and your questions were reasonable.

Surely policing each stage is unnecessary and will just eat into their margins with the extra staff cost.

28 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Well I did say the first one was a long shot but the reason I'm concerned about the second one: "There is no re-admission to concerts after entry"

is because there's already something else on the page which says: "There is no re-admission to the event after entry. Please plan ahead, once you’re in, you’re in!"

So wondering if perhaps there'll even be queues and barriers etc for the individual stages, or something like that.

Don't mind Hugh, he's not good at mornings.

Very doubtful there will be individual policing on each stage - no readmission is just a typical thing done at venues to keep tabs on capacity, prevent reselling, leaving to go to the pub for 2 hours, etc. Standard fare.

15 minutes ago, PorkSoda said:

So we thinking main stage will start later? Meaning confidence man - superorganism - young fathers - glass animals - lcd is a genuine possibility? 

I've currently got every stage starting about 2:45/3pm (as entry on Friday is 2pm) and this run is entirely possible. Of course depends on set times tho 

6 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Going on Sunday - Kelela and Yaeji are great additions for me. 

Hoping to catch Yaeji, Kelela, Flying Lotus, Beck and Bjork but not sure how i'll manage that...

No chance sadly. Have a look at the clashfinder which won't be too far out I'd have thought.

26 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

The potential Future Island v Public Service Broadcasting Clash on the National day is not something I like

That's based on absolutely nothing tbf, I think they could well both end up on the main stage (I've made that day suit myself atm :P )

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

No chance sadly. Have a look at the clashfinder which won't be too far out I'd have thought.

Seems crazy to me that Flying Lotus would clash with Bjork given that a lot of people would have bought their tickets on the basis of seeing both artists. 

Oh well, I bought my ticket to see Bjork so any other people I see on the day will just be a bonus (still annoying though ha!) 

looking at the stage designs, I am all over the thought of The National playing on that East Stage with the Coachella-like screens. Their SWB live show is really impressive with the use of LED screens so if used carefully, it could be a visual feast

2 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

Seems crazy to me that Flying Lotus would clash with Bjork given that a lot of people would have bought their tickets on the basis of seeing both artists. 

Oh well, I bought my ticket to see Bjork so any other people I see on the day will just be a bonus (still annoying though ha!) 

I think the main stage will have to be massive for the shows on the second weekend, as people will be coming for the headliner.

Which implies they could have the main stage run the last act without there being acts on other secondary stages or maybe just clashing with some DJs. 

Just got tickets for the Friday/Saturday during the week, happy to see Soulwax added in! Would be a bit crappy though if all of the headliners were to clash each night.. If the current clashfinder turned out to be correct with the main stage headliners going on a bit later than the rest and the stage times being staggered across the day it would work out much better. Fingers crossed!