All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

8 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

100 new acts at The Great Escape (thursday to saturday on the first w/e of APE) including Phoebe Bridgers and others. Would love her to turn up, maybe on the Bjork or The xx day

I hope for my own sake she's playing the Bjork date ;) The XX at glasto was an absolute snooze fest in my opinion

Well the Breeders, Superchunk, and Art Ensemble of Chicago already have their London club shows that week.
I prefer that for bands I like (or a Birmingham show!) than some short set at APE. Though of course it would
be nice to have decent openers to watch on the Nick Cave/Patti Smith or Bjork days.

I am hoping that Sea and Cake will announce something that is not in conflict, and perhaps Mogwai doing Field Day on Friday! Apart from that nothing that I really miss from Primavera. B&S are arealdy touring UK in March and Spiritualized did their Barbican shows last year. Yo La Tengo finish their tour on 20 May and I'm not sure they would wait 4 days just to play again in London.

So far Bjork alone is too expensive for me (not interested in anyone else that day so far), but friends want to go so...

Edited by emmanuel

If I can swing it, I'll be trying for Friday and Saturday. Sunday doesn't honestly excite me as much as it should, and I have a prior commitment that day too.

As for the following weekend, I really fancy The National and Nick Cave too. Alas, all four days will be somewhat outside of the ol' budget as it stands...

17 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

99% sure they're gonna have clashing headliners- like Field Day. 

LCD v Phoenix, The XX v Justice and Bjork v Father John I'd guess 

Do Phoenix still tour with that gnarly old fuckin light-up floor setup? I imagine that’d require a headline slot, but I’d really hope it was Glass Animals in their place. That day is choc-a- bloc for me now though, really need to look into that ticket.

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Do Phoenix still tour with that gnarly old fuckin light-up floor setup? I imagine that’d require a headline slot, but I’d really hope it was Glass Animals in their place. That day is choc-a- bloc for me now though, really need to look into that ticket.

Think they do, so yeah that's essentially my thinking behind it. Would rather it be someone else too but I'm going to their Manc gig so not too much of a problem. 

1 hour ago, the wonderwhy said:

99% sure they're gonna have clashing headliners- like Field Day. 

LCD v Phoenix, The XX v Justice and Bjork v Father John I'd guess 

But they've sort of promoted these as if the days are based around the headliners.  I'm hoping it'll be like BST where nothing clashes with the final headliner.   It's 40k capacity, they're unlikely to sell out and it would seem daft to lose a large percentage of the crowd to another stage.

I might just be clutching at straws as I'd be quite pissed at all of the clashes you've suggested.

Absolutely chuffed with the new additions on the days I'm going - although it just means clashes like hell. For me it always already well worth it but those undercards are huge. 

Hercules and Love Affair 
Nick Murphy (bof)
Hookworms
Young Fathers

---

Django Django
Friendly Fires (So glad about this)

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that they insist on playing in a tent so assuming there's a main stage and a tent then Phoenix will headline the tent. 

Surely it'd be LCD and YYY on the main and Phoenix sandwiched in between in the tent, maybe with a bit of overlap?