All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

5 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

Unknown Mortal Orchestra are in the country this weekend, would make a good booking one of the days 

Saw them in Brighton a couple years back and consider it to be one of my favourite gigs. Would love them to materialise on the line-up. As they're free on Friday and Saturday of the first weekend while they're on these shores, I think Friday would be the most logical one for them. Although they are "pop"-y enough to work very well on either days.

4 minutes ago, OddRon said:

I imagine Ape wanna kill Community festival and mount it on the wall alongside Latitude,Love-box and Field Day

I think its more that Catfish are a piss easy booking who guarantee sales. Considering it's been a lengthy wait since the last announcement, and they obviously look out of place, I reckon this might be a last minute-ish grab. Probably had someone else lined up (Jack White?) but plans changed and they thought why not fill the park rather than have the infrastructure sat not being used on a Friday night?  

3 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

I think its more that Catfish are a piss easy booking who guarantee sales. Considering it's been a lengthy wait since the last announcement, and they obviously look out of place, I reckon this might be a last minute-ish grab. Probably had someone else lined up (Jack White?) but plans changed and they thought why not fill the park rather than have the infrastructure sat not being used on a Friday night?  

It was meant to be Arctics from what I know... unsure why they pulled out. So annoying

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Next year they come for Download and Wireless.

Genuinely, if they had a day for each sort of festival vibe they'd checkmate it all 

Indie/ alternative day to knock out Field Day and Latitude and to keep Brits away from Primeavera 

Lad music day to knock out transmt, Isle of Wight, Community

Rap/Dance/electronica day to knock out Field Day,Wirelss and Lovebox

then finishing it off with a heavy rock/metal day to finish off the monopoly

49 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

That was probably because the only place they'd play in London that isn't a stadium is Hyde Park, which only has BST gigs now 

Plus they’re a band promoted by the company who runs BST and it was the festival’s first year so it was a big name to kick them off. Arctic Monkeys are put on by SJM Concerts iirc so if SJM put on a gig in London for them, the band and the agency would both receive a larger cut.

On 15/01/2018 at 7:08 PM, the wonderwhy said:

Unknown Mortal Orchestra are in the country this weekend, would make a good booking one of the days 

His new UK tour dates rules out the first weekend but the entire weekend 2 is free. If Ruban and the band are playing APE, logically it'll be on either The National or Nick Cave days, hopefully the former personally.

Also in regards to The National day, how likely is it that the acts featured at their own festival in Ohio will feature at APE? They have some brilliant acts like Feist, Future Islands (who are already playing), The Breeders, Lord Huron, Julien Baker, Moses Sumney, Alvvays & Big Thief and they'd all fit in very well. Would love to see at least Alvvays and Julien Baker materialise.

UPDATED - done some digging on their tour dates, make of this what you will

Feist - only one gig booked atm, at The National's festival; The Breeders - in France on 02/06 but has tour dates in UK from 27/05 - 30/05; Lord Huron - nothing going on both APE weekends; Julien Baker - busy w/e 1, free w/e 2; Moses Sumney - in NY on w/e 2, free w/e 1; Alvvays - in US both weekends; Big Thief - in US w/e 1, free w/e 2

This means Feist, Lord Huron, Julien Baker and Big Thief free to play

Edited by finn_with_1_n
Checking tour dates