All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

19 hours ago, James96 said:

Not even from London and have no mates to go with but I'm definitely going for Friday/Sunday. The XX at Glasto were slightly underwhelming for me.

Friday/Sunday has been mentioned but I'll definitely be doing that. 

I don't rate The XX but I thought they were pretty solid at Glastonbury to be fair to them. I still won't get a Saturday ticket though. It's not just the £60 but the extra 40 odd quid on beer and food too. 

I'm really excited about this - especially Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I'm almost certainly out of the loop, but I wasn't expecting that at all. Anyway, I think I'm going to just get a Friday ticket for now and hang on in case Nick Cave gets announced for either one of the standalone dates at APE or Field Day. If not then I'll probably be joining the Friday/Sunday crew!

38 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

This will Canabalise the diversity from BST Hyde Park. Nowadays The Strokes and Beck would play here rather than Hyde Park. This will allow more £££ Middle Class oldies for BST and pop acts. 

According to someone in the BST thread three of their headliners are in their 70s (Roger Waters already announced and he gave a clue that one of the other two could be Rod Stewart), and the only other act announced so far is Bruno Mars, so yeah you're probably right. They're probably the best acts for BST to book tbf.

26 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

This will Canabalise the diversity from BST Hyde Park. Nowadays The Strokes and Beck would play here rather than Hyde Park. This will allow more £££ Middle Class oldies for BST and pop acts. 

I don't believe anyone is attached enough to BST to care about that. In fact, I think most would welcome acts coming across to this rather than supporting Kings of Leon or Muse or rubbish like that.

4 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Why is a £7.40 service charge so much worse than a £6 service charge?

It doesn’t have to be “so much worse”, but any saving is worth having if you know that the festival isn’t going to sell out before it becomes available on dice. 

Generally though, a service charge of over 10% does seem expensive, especially if you’re getting an eticket and other places offer the same service for 10% or less

8 minutes ago, evannn said:

It doesn’t have to be “so much worse”, but any saving is worth having if you know that the festival isn’t going to sell out before it becomes available on dice. 

Generally though, a service charge of over 10% does seem expensive, especially if you’re getting an eticket and other places offer the same service for 10% or less

Absolutely, any saving is worth having, and the level of fees is getting ridiculous. But the difference between £7.40 and £6 doesn't seem like something worth risking missing a ticket for, as the poster above seemed to be suggesting.

1 minute ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Absolutely, any saving is worth having, and the level of fees is getting ridiculous. But the difference between £7.40 and £6 doesn't seem like something worth risking missing a ticket for, as the poster above seemed to be suggesting.

It's my mistake as I thought Dice were still doing no fees so thought it would be £7.40 cheaper on Dice. Agree the price differential isn't enough to take that risk.

The fees the industry charge are still a joke! 

39 minutes ago, RyanS said:

Dice were initially doing no booking fees but that's changed now (presumably since they realised it's not a sustainable business model) and so price-wise there's now very little difference when using them.

Depends which promoter it is I think- there's at least one in Manchester who are seemingly still doing no fees through Dice

26 minutes ago, Tuna said:

So Dice were doing this just a loss leader? Hm.

No booking fees? I think that was fairly obviously always the case. The real beauty of the app is the technology being used in an actually useful way for once 

I think there’s always been booking fees of a sort on Dice. They’re just included in the main price and usually pretty low. A face value £13.50 ticket might be a straight £15 on Dice, for example. Still works out cheaper than anywhere else in the vast majority of cases.

The line-up for this is looking awesome, but as others have said it will work out to be a very expensive day out once you factor in food and booze. Not too fussed on The National or LCD having seen both fairly recently, but I'm tempted by the Bjork day. I'd love to get a camping festival or two in next year, though, so will hold off for now. 

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

I'd love to see a break down/justification of ticket handling fees. I understand that businesses need to make money but don't understand why it isn't built into the ticket price. It's up there with Estate Agent fees for me - just whacking on unexplained costs to a captive market. 

Affiliate fees come out of the booking fees. So when you click links on eFestivals when booking gigs and festivals some of the booking fee kicks back. Not a lot mind! So you are just not supporting the primary ticket seller you are supporting websites like this.