finn_with_1_n

17 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Prices: 

Friday + Sat = £126 
Sat + Sun = £126
Three days = £186 
One day = £66 

All from DICE 

Considering that this does not include camping and so you will be paying for at least extra travel, beers and daily security checks isn't this quite alot?

Very excited about the lineup but going to hope that the rumours are true and Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Lorde and Beck play Primavera as well.

15 minutes ago, tjrant said:

Considering that this does not include camping and so you will be paying for at least extra travel, beers and daily security checks isn't this quite alot?

Very excited about the lineup but going to hope that the rumours are true and Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Lorde and Beck play Primavera as well.

Its not great value, you're right. 

As I said earlier in the thread, my excitement for this is mainly it confirms a bunch of great names are about for the summer. I'd rather spend the money on something in Europe tbh 

Personally this blows BST out of the water. Sure, Roger Waters is a massive name but the prices they charge? You pay, what, £85 to get general admission and that doesn't get you close to the stage but you pay £65 for this one where the undercard is fantastic - those who like the headliner will almost definitely like the undercard - and can stand wherever you want.

Considering Khalid is main support on Bruno Mars' night, then The xx's undercard is very impressive with Sampha - roughly same size in terms of popularity in the UK - being third-down behind Lorde.

I am totally sold on this and the LCD night is going to be one evening-long disco.

To be fair, occasionally the undercard at BST is good.

- Strokes supported by Beck, Future Islands and Public Sector Broadcasting for example. 

- Massive Attack supported by Patti Smith, Warpaint, TV on the Radio, Young Fathers...

But the atmosphere is a big corporate fart and the sound is suspect.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

So Nick Cave, The National and who else for weekend two? Any ideas?

I know their name is getting thrown around across all festivals, but my prediction is Gorillaz. I can easily picture them putting on a Demon Dayz 2 where the undercard is most of the acts on Humanz plus a few others. Apparently Bjork curated her line-up so I can see this happening