All Points East Festival 2018

finn_with_1_n

If it was an LCD headline show in Manchester in a proper venue like the Apollo, I'd 100% be there, because they're pretty much the best live band going. But as young Will has noted,  a London festival is an expensive outlay for a band I've seen two summers in a row, and there's always potential for a shite crowd, shite sound, and a relatively crowd pleasing setlist that avoids deep cuts which would set it apart from the other shows.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

nope, can't. If i'm getting the mails they're going straight to junk. We don't work with those who do big billy "economical with the truth".

:lol: I thought you might have smoothed that over with them now.

Anyway there is a press launch party for APE tonight at 6pm - "exclusive launch party for the first chance to see who will be playing" 

"the majority of the festival lineup including the two remaining headliners"

Doesn't make it clear if it will be an embargoed release, now I've just read the email again.  

Edited by craigb
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, craigb said:

Anyway there is a press launch party for APE tonight at 6pm - "exclusive launch party for the first chance to see who will be playing" 

"the majority of the festival lineup including the two remaining headliners"

Doesn't make it clear if it will be an embargoed release, now I've just read the email again.  

Thank you!

1 minute ago, craigb said:

when the boss admits to being economical with the truth only after several explicit questions had been asked and the true answer was swerved several times, and then does the "oh i'm so offended and insulted at your untruth" twattery when I say I feel misled, I know there's nothing able to be smoothed over. 

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

when the boss admits to being economical with the truth only after several explicit questions had been asked and the true answer was swerved several times, and then does the "oh i'm so offended and insulted at your untruth" twattery when I say I feel misled, I know there's nothing able to be smoothed over. 

Gotta love a bit of (live) music industry politics! 

So I take it that means your not going to the press launch tonight :P

9 minutes ago, craigb said:

Gotta love a bit of (live) music industry politics! 

that's not politics, that's just twattery.

9 minutes ago, craigb said:

So I take it that means your not going to the press launch tonight :P

last press launch i can remember going to was for Reading Fest in about 2002. It was in the bar at the bottom of Centrepoint Tower (is that still there? :unsure:), and Mani and Edith Bowman were stood behind me, and i think Edith was quite new to Radio 1 at the time.

So no, I wouldn't have been going in any circumstances. I avoid industry beanos like the plague as a rule.

Edited by eFestivals

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

So no, I wouldn't have been going in any circumstances. I avoid industry beanos like the plague as a rule.

Industry beanos.:D Loads of them in London.

But that's half the fun going to these things! I like a good laugh. 

Edited by craigb

Although this link isn't working, a quick Google search tells me that both LCD Soundsystem and Bjork are confirmed to headline All Points East Festival, so I assume that means the first weekend

https://www.list.co.uk/article/97022-lcd-soundsystem-and-bjork-to-headline-all-points-east-festival-in-london-find-out-how-to-get-presale-tickets/