guypjfreak

25 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Ok I'll try 

Please note that all this crap about toys and clothes is not a problem. all kids should play with what ever they want and if a young girl wants to be what we would call a tomboy then crack on that's kids my grandkids and my kids were no different 

But 

If a young child say 7/8 thinks that he or she wants to be a different sex I think that at this perticular time with all the stuff in the press that they the parents would be under pressure to go ahead and allow the children to have say hormone treatment or as in America to go ahead with gender reassignment.........Which if you had watched the program the other day seems to be the way things are going........ This I think is wrong with such young children.. Kids often change there minds one day a boy next a girl next day a doctor,nurse,teacher, astronaut they can not get tattoos they can not get piercings so why is it that we should think it OK to change their sex.. WHEN maybe some will just grow out of it into beautiful young people. 

I just think like every thing they should be allowed to grow into adults  before they or the parents make such life changing decisions. I realise that SOME children KNOW that they are in the wrong body so to speak but still I believe that the parents should support them and at the same time encourage them to wait and grow.. 

Please note I've got fuck all against trans lesbians or gays my friends boy has decided to be a girl hey ho he was a great and will probably be a great girl but he has waited till he was 18 to come out and go for the whole body reassignment.. 

I hope this explains my point of view old son.. I'm not great with words so if it comes out wrong.. Unlucky.. Lol. G

Cheers for the effort, I'll give it a good read tomorrow old son.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

the parents would be under pressure to go ahead and allow the children to have say hormone treatment or as in America to go ahead with gender reassignment

I believe it's the case that there's been zero instances in the UK and the USA of what you talk about. 

Edited by eFestivals

I'm slightly confused by your posts over the course of this thread and I don't know how to respond because you've moved from one issue to another.

So to be clear and in direct response to what you've said... Are you against a gender neutral upbringing or under 16s undergoing gender reassignment?

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

I believe it's the case that there's been zero instances in the UK and the USA of what you talk about. 

If you had watched Louis theroux the other day you would have seen that parents over there are concidering it or going ahead with it.. Over there it's called Body dismorphia. 

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

I'm slightly confused by your posts over the course of this thread and I don't know how to respond because you've moved from one issue to another.

So to be clear and in direct response to what you've said... Are you against a gender neutral upbringing or under 16s undergoing gender reassignment?

Yea to get to the basics I think let kids grow up.. Then if they as we all do want to go a certain way with there lives then crack on with all support and love.. 

I'd never be a good teacher ah.. Even my psychologist say that I ramble on.. And yes I do see the psyho people and have done for over ten years.. That's another story... 

Also it's hard to put things in writing if we had been in the bread and roses this would have been a very different conversation. 

Saw the end of pams interview this morning she was saying about her birth.. Apparently it was pretty hard...she always has a great smile.

Any way I'm off to dentist.. 

On 19/11/2017 at 9:37 PM, guypjfreak said:

Wish I could put it like that 

That's exactly right let them play with what they like and learn to be who they are.. Exactly what I agree with.. 

Unfortunately at the moment there no end of stuff in the papers and the news etc saying very young children should gender neutral..... This is a a label in itself and I don't think young children should have to be or have a bloody LABEL of ANY sort apart from being YOUNG HEALTHY AND HAPPY.. If when they grow up they want to be gay, lesbian, or trans then crack on but ALL... ALL I'm saying is let them grow up first... 

It doesn't have to be in every paper on every news story.. 

That's all 

Mate that's what gender neutral upbringing is. Allowing boys to wear girls' clothes or play with girls' toys etc. (and vice versa obviously), if they want to. It doesn't mean they're going to undergo gender reassignment as children or anything. It sounds to me like you actually agree with the idea of gender neutral upbringing but are slightly confused as to what it entails.

2 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Mate that's what gender neutral upbringing is. Allowing boys to wear girls' clothes or play with girls' toys etc. (and vice versa obviously), if they want to. It doesn't mean they're going to undergo gender reassignment as children or anything. It sounds to me like you actually agree with the idea of gender neutral upbringing but are slightly confused as to what it entails.

Yeah, that's pretty much my take.  Gender neutral upbringing has very little to do with gender reassignment or body dysmorphia - it's just about not pushing gender stereotypes onto children.

As I think I said earlier, Paloma will probably find that either natural gender inclinations or the wider societal influences don't give her much choice.  In three or four years time, her child will have probably decided to play with trucks/dress like a fairy much in line with whatever their genitals suggest they might do.  And if they don't, they're less likely to get pressure from their parents to conform.

And most importantly, the child will hopefully not be put off being a Nurse or an Engineer or a Firefighter or a Primary Teacher or a CEO because of what is/isn't dangling between their legs.  That's the main point, as far as I'm concerned.  

As for the dysmorphia side of things, if the child does feel like they were born with the wrong gender, then having less pressure on them to conform to a set gender's norms is probably going to reduce their suffering and hopefully will not make them feel like they need reassignment surgery before puberty, which I agree seems premature (but I also lack research in that area).

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

plenty of kids are a long way from OK without anyone pursuing any 'weird' ideas about their upbringing.

Fuck sack old son.. 

12 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

An essential tenant of bringing up children gender neutral is an all-out ban on posting "still shite old sons lol" in the hip-hop thread every 20 or so posts, I think that's the real reason why Guy is struggling with it.

Yak fucking Yak lol 

It is shite..Old son.. . You lot have your weird traits I have mine.. Thought you might have realised that lol

Edited by guypjfreak

On 21/11/2017 at 8:38 AM, jyoung said:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/882568/Teachers-female-pupils-gender-neutral-girls-ladies-Natasha-Devon

Madness imo surely most people on here would agree.. JYOUNG only put this on your post because you asked for explanations.. So please do not think I'm just asking you this question. 

Peace. G

18 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Madness imo surely most people on here would agree..

If you read certain newspapers, you'll be exposed to their favourite tactic of changing the emphasis of something that has actually been said in order that they can repackage it as "political correctness gone mad," "elfandsafety," "barmy brussels bureaucrats" or whatever other agenda they're pushing.  Two examples you might have heard of were (1) the EU keeping food businesses happy by setting common standards by which they can describe/sell their products being twisted into "Brussels bans bendy bananas."  (2) A well-intentioned but somewhat naive headmaster writing to parents asking that kids be provided with safety specs to avoid eye injuries whilst playing a well-known game being turned into "HSE bans conkers."

The woman in your Daily Express article hasn't ordered anyone to stop using the words "girls."  If you listen to what she's actually said, it pours cold water on all the pitchfork-and-flaming-torches fun:

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/what-natasha-devon-really-said-dont-say-girls-boys/

Edited by Mark E. Spliff

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/882568/Teachers-female-pupils-gender-neutral-girls-ladies-Natasha-Devon

Madness imo surely most people on here would agree.. JYOUNG only put this on your post because you asked for explanations.. So please do not think I'm just asking you this question. 

Peace. G

I don't expect the majority of readers of this forum to ever agree that something the Express is annoyed at is "madness".

14 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't expect the majority of readers of this forum to ever agree that something the Express is annoyed at is "madness".

I have, to my current recollection, never read the Express. That said, I may have looked at it in a barbers sometime in my youth. You'd read anything at the barbers to kill the time. They're not as bad as doctors and dentists surgeries though. In the doctors I can, at most times, be found reading Womens Own, or some such. It's worse at the dentists, because they only seem to have copies of OK and Hello magazine. That's just taking the piss really. The very vast majority of people don't want to be at the dentists, as you associate them with fear, pain etc. They know this  and drive the 'fear' home by making you know in advance that you will be needing to read those magazines. Bastards.

I do, however, go on to the on line version of the Daily Mail. However, in my defence, I will say that that is mostly just to make the most depraved comments I can conjure up. I guess, in doing so, I pamper to whatever level of sadist there is in me. Let's just say that I like to shock / re-educate the blue rinse brigade in to getting me banned. I've been banned twice so far, but it's easy to get back on with a new email address etc. About the only sensible thing I do on there occurs when the subject of illegal drugs comes up. Then I try to educate fascists on the need for them to think differently than they do currently at that time. I know that I'm pissing in the wind, because they are 'not for turning'. 

PS - A top tip for anybody thinking about posting on the DM website. Know that you have to distort certain words or phrases, as their IT filters will do their job in filtering out rude words etc. However, you can always get away with calling anybody who challenges the depth of your definition of a moron on there a 'weigh anchor'. Hasn't failed me yet.