Line up prediction game 2018

ramragon

1 minute ago, Comfy Bean said:

If...they play I think they will go down well.

they're a hot band at the mo, with their new album selling very well.

1 minute ago, Comfy Bean said:

They would also be good for Electric Fields so hopefully a double booking.

as i know they're playing some smaller fests I think it's quite likely they'll be at EF.

2 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Libs and shed 7 nailed on for Kendal then! The libs have obviously dropped their fees over the last couple of years ! TBH I dunno how 90 mins of the libs will go down at Kendal if they aren’t on it ! Could be flat as ! And I’ve witnessed some bizarre flat performances at Kendal lol

Know what you mean but it could work. Decent last year in a wee venue round my way ( 1000 ). Much better than I was expecting and I think the yoof still have an interest ( just ).

Worth the gamble for me if the price is right.

Rumour has it you`ve walked away from some good performances* ( I`ll concede the Beach Boys :lol: ).

*Madness

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

they're a hot band at the mo, with their new album selling very well.

as i know they're playing some smaller fests I think it's quite likely they'll be at EF.

Nice one :)

I noticed someone started a thread yesterday for EF looking for any rumours.

Does anyone know if KC bookers have EF influence ?

Just trying to boost my chances of not coming last in the prediction game here :ph34r:

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

They're definitely very friendly. The KC peeps introduced me to the EF peeps.

I think the KC peeps do some of the stuff (production, perhaps booking) for EF.

Ah ok - cheers.

Really enjoyed EF last year. Small, cheap and grassy compared to KC although no comparison on the line up.

EF better for our younger weans. Hopefully...KC can help them with the line up.

With Wickerman gone plus no T ( camping ) seems to me that EF should gather extra numbers. Loads of room last year.

Few from here went to both.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

They're definitely very friendly. The KC peeps introduced me to the EF peeps.

I think the KC peeps do some of the stuff (production, perhaps booking) for EF.

they are shareholders or 1 of them is ................... Nadgetadge or what ever he calls himself on here 

On 13/01/2018 at 7:35 PM, bottonrob said:

Ok final cut with the rumoured 1st announcement on the 31st January. I'm going for bigger names pretty much and just hoping to get 5/6 which would match my best tally ever. 5 years I've been doing this now!!!

1. Fun Lovin Criminals
  2. Panda Cups
  3. Liam Gallagher
  4. Jesus Jones
  5. Lowes
  6. Marsicans
  7. Garage
  8. Sleeper
  9. Reverend and the Makers
  10. Cast
  11. Texas
  12. Chemical Brothers
  13. Snow Patrol
  14. The Sherlocks
  15. The Amazons
  16. Jamie T
  17. Kasabian
  18. Shed Seven
  19. Jeramiah Ferrari
  20. Fratellis

slight amendment as I delve into the realism that Pulp will not be playing and Belinda will only be there if I convince Mrs Botton to wear the cardboard cutout mask 

3 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Know what you mean but it could work. Decent last year in a wee venue round my way ( 1000 ). Much better than I was expecting and I think the yoof still have an interest ( just ).

Worth the gamble for me if the price is right.

Rumour has it you`ve walked away from some good performances* ( I`ll concede the Beach Boys :lol: ).

*Madness

YOU MADE ME WATCH THAT BEACH BOY SHIT LAST YEAR AND IT WAS DREADFUL !!!!!!! 

As for madness they is shit was more of a depeche mode duran duran guy myself never liked them never will plus i managed to dump the handbrake on you for 90 mins and went and did what i liked for an hour or so 

1 hour ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

YOU MADE ME WATCH THAT BEACH BOY SHIT LAST YEAR AND IT WAS DREADFUL !!!!!!! 

As for madness they is shit was more of a depeche mode duran duran guy myself never liked them never will plus i managed to dump the handbrake on you for 90 mins and went and did what i liked for an hour or so 

Madness are just dull. Mrs said she'd like to see them and just thought it was me being an arse (like it normally is). we watched 2 songs then she said they are boring aren't they! we took a stroll past woodlands and ended up dancing to a marching brass band playing prodigy in one of my ever best ever kendal calling moments ever. ever ever.

Catfish & The Bottlemen
Blossoms
The Libertines
Shed Seven
The Kooks
The Wombats
Sigrid
Declan McKenna
Pale Waves
The Magic Gang
The Cribs
Peace
Our Girl
The Slow Readers Club
The Rhythm Method
Everything Everything
Bloxx
Superfood
Idles
Jaws

13 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

In 2 weeks time so I heard

2 weeks to decide is it, id best speed up the thinking process , i'm still trying to decide how serious to take the game. do I go for who id love to be there or do I try to guess acts I think are more likely to play.

How competitive am I?

8 hours ago, thurlow84 said:

2 weeks to decide is it, id best speed up the thinking process , i'm still trying to decide how serious to take the game. do I go for who id love to be there or do I try to guess acts I think are more likely to play.

How competitive am I?

Gives us your more likely to play list sir. Then I can google them and get some new stuff listened to :)

On 17/01/2018 at 2:59 PM, bottonrob said:

slight amendment as I delve into the realism that Pulp will not be playing and Belinda will only be there if I convince Mrs Botton to wear the cardboard cutout mask 

How is Belinda ? Have you heard from her again or did that injunction thing spoil things ?

21 minutes ago, ramragon said:

Hopefully not Dizzy again, did you bother to watch his set at Electric Fields ? 

A bit. I was in the very back. Weans were in the very front row. First ever headliner on their own with their pals. A sad state of affairs really :-)

The security were giving them all water, ear plugs etc.

Dizzy does what he does but I’m not fussed if I never see him again. I don’t think he’ll headline but maybe sub someone dancey.

While I remember, the sound at EF was the loudest and best during Jesus and Mary chain that I can remember.

Hopefully KC crew share their sound team this year.

On 11/28/2017 at 1:22 PM, festival fan from fife said:

My first thoughts..... subject to change ;)

Simple minds ( about to tour)

Courteeners

Blossoms

Slow readers Club ( hopefully)

Shed 7

starsailor

shimmer band

The vaccines

the beat

Embrace

badly drawn boy

James

badly drawn boy

Echo and the bunnymen 

Basement Jaxx

Fratellis

Billy’s ocean

Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott

Gerry Cinnamon 

The Damned 

4 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

How is Belinda ? Have you heard from her again or did that injunction thing spoil things ?

Yep, nasty turn of events with the irony being that the restraining order she served on me was virtually identical to the one I served on you!.. oh and whilst I am at it, Mrs Botton knows it was you who stole her mask. It didn't work last year and it won't work in me again this year. (maybe try it with @thurlow84 though?)

1 hour ago, bottonrob said:

Yep, nasty turn of events with the irony being that the restraining order she served on me was virtually identical to the one I served on you!.. oh and whilst I am at it, Mrs Botton knows it was you who stole her mask. It didn't work last year and it won't work in me again this year. (maybe try it with @thurlow84 though?)

I’m hoping you dress up as Belinda this year mate. I liked your Wilma Flintstone last year.

Do we know the theme yet ?

A crankies theme would be perfect for you :-)

• Like 1

Looks like the line-up announcement will be "very soon" lol, so here goes . . . .

Liam Gallagher

Snow Patrol

Churches

Shed7

The Script

Wolf Alice

Rag n Bone

Courteneers

MGMT

Eminem 

Mexrissey

Blossoms