Not Glastonbury related, but at least I have mentioned the word Glastonbury.

Yoghurt on a Stick

Anyway, what bollocks am I spouting now, I can hear you all say?  Just trying to keep the party going is all. I recently came across a cartoon which actually made me smile and give a silent nod of respect to the cartoonist. This is the cartoon  in question;

Inline image 6

Apart from the obvious humour, I just love the well captured documentation of the one shoe, one slipper combo on the bloke. 

As an aside, me and my wife have just bought some slippers. Not any slippers mind. These are serious OAP slippers (they have their own colostomy bags FFS). Anyway, let me tell you now - these OAP's really do know where comfort is at. Stop pretending that you can cut it with Bear Grylls / Anneka Rice and get yourself some elesticated waist band nylon trousers - while stocks last!

Actuallly, there is a Glastonbury story here. On the year that David Bowie played on the Sunday night (the same year that I left early evening on the Sunday because I just could take no more) I drove (sober) back to Birmingham with an irate mate ( he didn't really like David Bowie, but wanted to continue on the piss). Anyway, we got back to my flat and got stoned all over again. Then I saw my mate, who was looking at the back of a trash Sunday paper magazine, suddenly bend double with laughter. He pointed to an advert for elasticated waist band trousers and said ' Just look at the bullet point features hailing the plus points of such trousers'. I looked, and there it was. There was a promotional bullet point for the trousers that said 'Features include parallel legs'. I mean, as if somebody is going to wear a pair of trousers with one flare leg and one drainpipe leg. Oh, there is Shoreditch to consider, of course.

16 minutes ago, bamber said:

I am well thank you. I saw/heard Joss Stone this very night. That was every kinda awesome....

I suspect that it'll come as no great surprise when I say that I don't knowingly know of any Joss Stone songs. I've probably heard some, but not known who they were by. I kind of wander around in a kind of cocoon, sheltering away from music, politics, maths, etc. Scared of the world? Me? I simply don't know what you are talking about. 

It was mostly covers you may or may not be be relived to hear.

From my memory , these were some of the highlights. Man's world, Midnight train to Georgia, (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman, and Close To You; and so many other tunes. The crowd was enthralled, utterly.

Edited by bamber