it was ticketday last year today ......

waterfalls212434

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/2017-tickets-on-sale-in-october/

My facebook `memories` section had to remind me of how excited I was over this last year didn't it? Especially as id secured a coach package ticket the day before!

thats kind of depressing.......roll on october 2018! #fallowyearssuck 

49 minutes ago, Jugtanion said:

My refresh finger has awoken. I’m gonna have to find a distraction for it come Sunday.

I would suggest that you put that finger in the nearest fluid expelling dyke. 

Hmmm, I wonder - have I really gone too far there? Time will tell. It's also a great  healer, I believe. As I say, time will tell.

On 06/10/2017 at 1:12 PM, Pinhead said:

At least we are now 100% sure that there is no Glasto 2018 - bit late to change their minds now eh.

I am glad I miss the ticket scramble - the last ticket I bought was in 1987 from a CND shop - Walk in and hand over £126 and back out again with 6 weekend tickets { yes they were £21 each } - no booking fee - no administration charge - no nothing and in my pocket was six paper tickets 

53044_n.jpg.aab2872f643b7d414f5d96d0152fd394.jpg

Michael Eavis came to speak to the WBC workers in June 2016 { as it was the 30th anniversary of the WBC working at Glasto } and as I know him I was going to have a quick chat to find out what the hell is going on -  well that was the plan except I never got to speak to him as everyone wanted to take photos - only the guy in blue had met him before - I was working behind the bar so was waiting for a chance to call him over but he never came close - he is a modest drinker and most time he is more happy with a cup of tea.He walked about and did his best to try and meet everyone and then gave his speech - once that part ended I was all ready to grab him when I was called up on the stage and while I was up there Michael slipped into his Landrover and was gone - I have not spoken to him in years so he may not have told me anything - well we will never know .Michael is actually a very shy person - he only knew about ten of us in that tent but he did his best standing beside strangers.

66666666age1.thumb.jpg.aa685df37a6dac8fc25eb521e2c884df.jpg

5 minutes ago, glasto-worker said:

I am glad I miss the ticket scramble - the last ticket I bought was in 1987 from a CND shop - Walk in and hand over £126 and back out again with 6 weekend tickets { yes they were £21 each } - no booking fee - no administration charge - no nothing and in my pocket was six paper tickets 

53044_n.jpg.aab2872f643b7d414f5d96d0152fd394.jpg

Michael Eavis came to speak to the WBC workers in June 2016 { as it was the 30th anniversary of the WBC working at Glasto } and as I know him I was going to have a quick chat to find out what the hell is going on -  well that was the plan except I never got to speak to him as everyone wanted to take photos - only the guy in blue had met him before - I was working behind the bar so was waiting for a chance to call him over but he never came close - he is a modest drinker and most time he is more happy with a cup of tea.He walked about and did his best to try and meet everyone and then gave his speech - once that part ended I was all ready to grab him when I was called up on the stage and while I was up there Michael slipped into his Landrover and was gone - I have not spoken to him in years so he may not have told me anything - well we will never know .Michael is actually a very shy person - he only knew about ten of us in that tent but he did his best standing beside strangers.

66666666age1.thumb.jpg.aa685df37a6dac8fc25eb521e2c884df.jpg

I love this place.......................................................................................

it is really weird not having to think about sitting in front of a laptop for 30mins on a Sunday morning, its always such a big day for all of us on here, lots of planning and stress followed by lots of happy jumping around. Really expected a surprise from GFL, still not convinced that nothing will be happening next year, not that we will be able to go anyway, but its nice to have the choice. Less than a year to the next ticket sales, it will fly by!

Was thinking about this on Sunday. Last year I ran the Royal Parks half marathon and at 10 miles my phone 'beeped' and it was my friend (also a member on here) to tell me my ticket for Glastonbury 2017 was in the bag. It did make the last 3 miles quite weird/special going through a barrier knowing I now had that to look forward to. And boy it lived up to expectations.

1 hour ago, Gozzynoko-Flow said:

Was thinking about this on Sunday. Last year I ran the Royal Parks half marathon and at 10 miles my phone 'beeped' and it was my friend (also a member on here) to tell me my ticket for Glastonbury 2017 was in the bag. It did make the last 3 miles quite weird/special going through a barrier knowing I now had that to look forward to. And boy it lived up to expectations.

That must have felt weird alright. I bet it was hard not to just skip the last three miles - by which the definition of skip I mean is to move along lightly, stepping from one foot to the other with a hop or bounce, as opposed to not bother completing the course.