Recommendations for next year

Major Charles Ingram

I'd recommend Bearded Theory, it's very friendly, compact, no more than 10 mins walk no matter how far away you camp, relaxed, and a good enough line up to keep you interested. Inevitably much more limited than the bigger festivals, but if you like alternative, folk, reggae, punk it's strong, if you don't you may struggle. Attractive countryside setting, easy to get in and out.

As it's in May the weather is even more variable than Glastonbury! However the last 2 years have been good.

For the music and type of audience, Beautiful Days is similar, neither that close to Surrey I'm afraid.

17 hours ago, Major Charles Ingram said:

ust looking for the festivals where arena and camping aren't separate and everything doesn't shut down after the last act. Also where they don't search you for booze coming in (to the arena). I've heard Bearded Theory is quite good. Any recommendations appreciated.

WOMAD has no alcohol restrictions at all, as well as arena and camping aren't separate (apart from being in different fields which does create a natural divide). It's not a wild festival, but is very lovely.

As mentioned above, Beautiful Days.