What is something that festival go-ers are missing?

amarsh14

Hey all,

My buddy and I travel to a bunch of music festivals and we have been doing so for years. We love the people and the music no matter where it is. One question however. We have been curious as to if there is something that is currently missing from the festival world? We want to design some sort of product that would be useful to people at raves, shows, concerts, festivals, etc. It currently seems like there is not a "staple" brand of psychedelic sunglasses, however I don't know the demand for this type of product. If there is anything that y'all could think of please let me know! Would love to hear some great thoughts. Thank you.

Roo '13 '14 '15 '16 '17 (hopefully 18)

So, you admit that you don't know the demand for a product you are thinking of supplying. Further more, you indicate that you don't even know if there is already brand superiority in the market you have desires to delve in to. 

I hope that those thoughts have at least met the lower end of your definition of 'great'. 

Image result for psychedelic glasses

Donkeys. That's what we're missing.

A donkey to carry your stuff in.
A donkey to carry you back to your tent.
A donkey to have a chat to if you're lonely.
A donkey to say ee-aw and cheer you up.
A donkey to keep you warm at night.

In short. Donkeys.

• Upvote 5

On 03/10/2017 at 11:23 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

So, you admit that you don't know the demand for a product you are thinking of supplying. Further more, you indicate that you don't even know if there is already brand superiority in the market you have desires to delve in to. 

I hope that those thoughts have at least met the lower end of your definition of 'great'. 

Image result for psychedelic glasses

That's a nice pair of sunnys you got there Yog!

3 hours ago, semmtexx said:

That's a nice pair of sunnys you got there Yog!

Yes, cosmic. 

GloFX is the only brand  that I can get on with. All the others are trash - by which, I mean, exactly the same thing, but priced cheaper. Just Say - Fuck Off to schoolboy subliminal advertising.

You'll possibly not believe this, but it happens to be true. I was once in a pub with a group of drunken desperadoes, when one of them gets up, says he's off, but before going asks what we thought of his new purchase, which was a black heavy clothed winter coat. I immediately said that it looked like a donkey jacket - for it did do dat! Then another person (Bal) in the group remarked to me ' Don't you know - 'Hee Haw, Hee Haw, Hee Hawlways wears that donkey jacket'. He then went on to thank me profusely, because he had been bursting at the seams for years for the opportunity to say that line. If I remember rightly, he was nearly crying with joy. Not sure what that has to do with buying, wearing, sitting on, psychedelic  glasses. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

He then went on to thank me profusely, because he had been bursting at the seams for years for the opportunity to say that line. 

About 30 years ago I was working as a driver. I had a similar gag lined up for years, when I finally go the chance to use it, the person I said it to didn't get it. Devastated. Anyway.... Picture the scene....

I've driven to one of the banks on my route (for it was a bank I worked for). While waiting for them go gather the stuff I had to take with me, one of the women said they had a problem with a set of drawers, the top one was jammed in and they couldn't get it out. Could I take a look.

So... I'm trying to force it open and she says "Would you like a screwdriver?". Barely containing my excitement I retorted, "No thanks. I'm 20 minutes late as it is!"

Silence.

Still hurts.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

About 30 years ago I was working as a driver. I had a similar gag lined up for years, when I finally go the chance to use it, the person I said it to didn't get it. Devastated. Anyway.... Picture the scene....

I've driven to one of the banks on my route (for it was a bank I worked for). While waiting for them go gather the stuff I had to take with me, one of the women said they had a problem with a set of drawers, the top one was jammed in and they couldn't get it out. Could I take a look.

So... I'm trying to force it open and she says "Would you like a screwdriver?". Barely containing my excitement I retorted, "No thanks. I'm 20 minutes late as it is!"

Silence.

Still hurts.

:lol:   Top shelf stuff.

Every now and then I quite like delivering this one:

Someone says to me "Hello there, how's your week been?"

to which I can then reply

"Well it was looking touch and go but he has got stronger and now looks like he'll be joining he other beans" 

Reault: normally tumble weed. 

I still like it though. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, semmtexx said:

Every now and then I quite like delivering this one:

Someone says to me "Hello there, how's your week been?"

to which I can then reply

"Well it was looking touch and go but he has got stronger and now looks like he'll be joining he other beans" 

Reault: normally tumble weed. 

I still like it though. 

Sometimes you've just got to knowingly take the shame, and tell that lame joke. It's a little like the game Pass The Parcel and therapy - you are passing on the joke because someone had the audacity to put it in your head, and then there's the therapy aspect to telling it, knowing that you are no longer alone with it. 

10 hours ago, cammie81 said:

No-one answers like this anymore but when people used to pick up the phone and say "Hello this is Falkirk 2435, who's calling?", the obvious reply was always "I have no idea who Colin is, I'm Cameron".

Not quite in the same humorous vein, but I recall Howard Marks mention in his book (Mr. Nice) that he was directed to ring the operator and ask for Ballinskelligs 1, when he was in Kerry, in Ireland, and was making contact with the IRA. The contact was necessary because they controlled one of the airports in the west of Ireland, and Howard Marks wanted to smuggle drugs through there. Anyway, I know the place well. It's where my folks come from. Seriously, you'd never think that shit like that went down there. 

On 10/14/2017 at 12:02 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Not quite in the same humorous vein, but I recall Howard Marks mention in his book (Mr. Nice) that he was directed to ring the operator and ask for Ballinskelligs 1, when he was in Kerry, in Ireland, and was making contact with the IRA. The contact was necessary because they controlled one of the airports in the west of Ireland, and Howard Marks wanted to smuggle drugs through there. Anyway, I know the place well. It's where my folks come from. Seriously, you'd never think that shit like that went down there. 

Probably the perfect place to get away with it as no-one would expect it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2017 at 4:06 PM, Gnomicide said:

Donkeys. That's what we're missing.

A donkey to carry your stuff in.
A donkey to carry you back to your tent.
A donkey to have a chat to if you're lonely.
A donkey to say ee-aw and cheer you up.
A donkey to keep you warm at night.

In short. Donkeys.

I would prefer  Alpaka's 

2 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I would prefer  Alpaka's 

An alpaca to carry your stuff in.
An alpaca to carry you back to your tent.
An alpaca to have a chat to if you're lonely.
An alpaca to hum and cheer you up.
An alpaca to keep you warm at night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

it just sounds better and they are fluffier 

• 1 month later...
On 07/11/2017 at 3:15 PM, Gnomicide said:

I prefer my wife.. And she's lovely and fluffy 

• 4 weeks later...

On massive come downs I have always thought someone dressed as a Panda would be great .  They could sit with me and give me the occasional hug or just to know they were there would be a big help .

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ivan said:

On massive come downs I have always thought someone dressed as a Panda would be great .  They could sit with me and give me the occasional hug or just to know they were there would be a big help .

That's a fantastic suggestion. What's not to like about getting gentle warm cuddles from a panda?

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/01/2018 at 8:52 PM, ivan said:

On massive come downs I always think 

WWHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY 

Lol

I do like the panda idea tho 

• 1 month later...
On 18/12/2017 at 9:30 PM, guypjfreak said:

I prefer my wife.. And she's lovely and fluffy 

An alpaca to carry your wife in.
An alpaca to carry your wife back to your tent.
An alpaca to chat to your wife. 
An alpaca to hum and cheer your wife up.
An alpaca to keep your wife warm at night.

28 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

An alpaca to carry your wife in.
An alpaca to carry your wife back to your tent.
An alpaca to chat to your wife. 
An alpaca to hum and cheer your wife up.
An alpaca to keep your wife warm at night.

Got to love alpacas