Zac Quinn

British Summer Time 2018

6 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

What about Kylie Minogue? New album coming out in the spring and she is still big enough to give this a go. She may not be as relevant as P!nk but she is Kylie and a massive pop act.

Maybe. Would be BST's first repeat though I think.

10 minutes ago, OnRzL said:

Is it safe to assume the current line up will all be on the main stage?

I don't think so, no. Between the 1:30pm doors (bands on main stage should either start then or 2pm) and The Cure starting at 7:45pm at the very latest, I think fitting the other six acts in would be too much of a squeeze. They flip-flop the stages though so you would probably be able to catch quite a few bands if you were willing to walk about - obviously that willingness will be impacted by whatever the wristband situation is when it comes to getting in the front enclosure.

Just my speculation here but I'd personally expect the main stage to go Twilight Sad>Ride>Editors>Interpol>The Cure with Slowdive>Goldfrapp being the top two on the second stage. The last act on the 2nd/3rd stages is pretty much a no-go because everyone else is settling in and waiting for the headliner.

I was rather hoping that one of the other named bands were playing at the same time as The Cure. 7:45pm is a bit early to leave a festival. 

4 minutes ago, Declan said:

I was rather hoping that one of the other named bands were playing at the same time as The Cure. 7:45pm is a bit early to leave a festival. 

It's never happened before at BST, because the great majority of the ticketholders are there for the headline act. Can't imagine it will be any different for The Cure, even if they are starting a fair bit earlier than usual.

11 minutes ago, Declan said:

:lol:

1 hour ago, evilduck said:

It's never happened before at BST, because the great majority of the ticketholders are there for the headline act. Can't imagine it will be any different for The Cure, even if they are starting a fair bit earlier than usual.

Wireless when it was at Hyde Park had the second stage headliners overlap with the Main Stage. I saw Aphex Twin and when I left Chemical Brothers were on, but they were so dull in comparison I drifted off. 

Maybe there'll be another gig on in London that night. 

I'll probably watch until Friday I'm In Love is played. 

I have seen them before - Glastonbury, Bestival, Primavera, Fuji. Never lasted a full set.